Hasta la vista, NAFTA? Left-wing candidate has commanding lead in Mexico's presidential race heading into Sunday's election

Reading that New Yorker article I get the impression that he's something of both a Bernie Sanders and a Donald Trump. Like Trump he's a populist that will make grand promises, and like Bernie he focuses on economically unrealistic social programs. Like Trump he lacks any real guiding ideology, but like Bernie he has a political background.

John Oliver did a segment on him recently:

From what I gather, the guy is a giant question mark. Assuming he wins, it's entirely unclear what he'll actually do in office. Maybe he blows up NAFTA, or maybe he's the kind of morally flexible, do anything to get a deal done, kind of guy that might actually work well with Trump.

We depend on NAFTA so are watching this really closely. I predict NAFTA 2.0 within 2 years with tons of huge headlines between now and then and a lot of fear. The deal remains in effect for months after the U.S. can officially withdraw, and another several months after the withdraw is complete. I think something will be hammered out eventually.