Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: Update 2.1 "Overview" trailer and patch notes

legend

8 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

It sounds like you’re playing the same way that I did by mainly sticking to the main story quests and side quests, and somewhat skipping the repeated side activity stuff that I personally consider filler in these types of open world games.

I’m not a completionist when it comes to games, I primarily stick to doing what I feel is meaningful content in them. And most of the side quests in Cyberpunk 2077 are meaningful IMO, some even better than the main story quests.

I'm still trying to process how you played this game on the base PS4...

At launch, too!

34 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@TheLeon Have you made any progress?

I'm going back in today.

Couple of side missions, but I’ve been uncharacteristically busy lately, so I haven’t had a lot of time to play. I’m probably just gonna wrap it up in the few days. I know I’ll be missing out on some good stuff, but I’m fine with that.

3 hours ago, TheLeon said:

Couple of side missions, but I’ve been uncharacteristically busy lately, so I haven’t had a lot of time to play. I’m probably just gonna wrap it up in the few days. I know I’ll be missing out on some good stuff, but I’m fine with that.

Ok, cool. I played 3 hours today but again it was the main story. I only have a few side jobs and a lot of them say the danger is very high. Im like 15 hours in. 

18 hours in and it's a pretty damn impressive piece of work. I'm still super impressed with the visuals, stunning city, characters, and story. I still have a hard time following certain side jobs because they talk over my head. I get confused but overall I know the story well enough. 

This is very solid game now and at the moment I'd give it an 8/10.

Boy, 22 hours in and this game is living up to the high praise the PC version got. I focused on side quests today which were very interesting and ventured outside of the city to kill cyberpsyschos which was a nice challenge and very rewarding. You grab very nice gear and gain experience points and street cred. Plus its fun!

The world is massive and so full of detail and things to do. This game imo is the introduction to "next-gen" on a technical level. I'd say it's next-gen in how the game handles quests and how the characters are full of personality, too. 

The gunplay/combat is very well done and fluid. I'm going to do all activities on the map before I continue the main story. I enjoy the futuristic tech and gameplay mechanics that come with that.

Right now I'd give this game an 8.5/10 and although the game started out slow it has a nice progression with moving the story along. 

Anyone with a next gen console or powerful PC I highly recommend this game now. It is extremely polished and a gigantic amount of issues have been fixed. During my playing time I haven't notice any bugs or glitches. It’s running incredibly well.

Cyberpunk 2077 is finally a game worthy to dive in.

• Halal 4

• 2 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 (Early Access) - Information Thread, update: Phantom Liberty "spy-thriller" expansion announced for 2023 release
1 hour ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Believe it or not, but its a pretty good game on a high end system. Unfortunately for most their first, second, and maybe third impressions of the game were more like this:

Car Falling Apart GIFs | Tenor

Well for me it really doesn’t have to do with performance. The game simply wasn’t fun to me. 

• Halal 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 (Early Access) - Information Thread, update: Phantom Liberty "spy-thriller" expansion announced for 2023 release, no further support for PS4/XB1

It probably looks even better than ever there but it’s hard to tell in a teaser like that. There are obviously moments maxed out on pc that you could really impress with in the base game. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are some improvements now. And we will all be on psycho rt lighting now because the 4000 series will be out, maybe it has more bounces.

I’ll admit that I’m largely just looking forward to this because I want new content that looks proper current gen tech wise.

There’s this on pc, Dying Light 2 pc, Rachet, Horizon ps5, Flight Simulator I guess, maybe Exodus and Control on pc. That’s about it that feels like proper new gen to me. So I’ll take expansions until some more come out.

• Halal 1

On 9/6/2022 at 9:07 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

The DLC is not for the retro versions of the game so sorry to the @Phaseknoxes out there.

I’ve accepted the fact that this year is pretty much going to be the last year that last gen consoles will be supported. I’m sure that there will still be some games that trickle out for them next year especially indies, but this will most likely be the last year for most of the bigger budget stuff. I think that the last somewhat big cross-gen games coming out next year are Dead Island 2 and Hogwarts Legacy.

On 9/6/2022 at 5:17 PM, legend said:

I'm all in. CP may not have reached the heights of TW3, but it's still a great game on a high-end system.

I liked Cyberpunk 2077 more than The Witcher III myself, and I thought that it was a great game on PS4 despite its bugs and glitches. The graphics looked pretty good to me, it performed decently overall and the gameplay was solid IMO.

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Phaseknox said:

I liked Cyberpunk 2077 more than The Witcher III myself, and I thought that it was a great game on PS4 despite its bugs and glitches. The graphics looked pretty good to me, it performed decently overall and the gameplay was solid IMO.

I agree in that I enjoyed Cyberpunk more than Witcher 3. I couldn't stand the depressing music, Geralt had absolutely no personality and his voice acting was weak, and the combat was extremely unpolished.

I beat it at its launch but I never creamed my pants like many do for that game.

Cyberpunk was extremely fun and unique and ran extremely well on my XSX. 

1 hour ago, legend said:

Naa TW3 is one of the best games ever made. And that's just that.

:p 

Not to me. Don't get me wrong, I played and beat Witcher 3 at launch and it was "pretty good". It's just had depressing music, characters, and atmosphere. 

Too many reasons on why I don't think it's not nearly as good at Cyberpunk. Too lazy to ever play it again.

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Not to me. Don't get me wrong, I played and beat Witcher 3 at launch and it was "pretty good". It's just had depressing music, characters, and atmosphere. 

Too many reasons on why I don't think it's not nearly as good at Cyberpunk. Too lazy to ever play it again.

You're wrong, of course, but I'll let it slide.

• Haha 1
  • Halal 1

I'll second the motion that TW3 is one of the best games ever made hands down. I was extremely disappointed in Cyberpunk though. I really thought I would replay Cyberpunk multiple times like I did The Witchers 2 and 3. Instead I found Cyberpunk to be pretty boring aside from the bugs. I'll check our the DLC when it's cheap... hell maybe I'll do another playthrough. Right now it's hard for me to care. And I really think this game should have been third person. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, legend said:

TW3 is one of the best games ever made.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'll second the motion that TW3 is one of the best games ever made hands down. I was extremely disappointed in Cyberpunk though. I really thought I would replay Cyberpunk multiple times like I did The Witchers 2 and 3. Instead I found Cyberpunk to be pretty boring aside from the bugs.

The Witcher III is definitely a quality game, but it failed to really pull me in. Open world action RPGs are one of my favorite genres, but I found The Witcher III to be a little dull which I never did with Cyberpunk 2077. Its world is kind of a generic medieval setting, the gameplay is a little stiff, combat is serviceable but not very fun IMO and the quests that I played weren’t all that interesting. I just found it to be yet another medieval fantasy RPG without much to make it really stand out. I really like Cyberpunk 2077’s futuristic sci-fi world, characters, gameplay and combat. It pulled me in right away, and I was hooked the entire time. I plan on playing The Witcher III again at some point and finishing it because I still somewhat liked what I played of it, but Cyberpunk 2077 appealed to me more.

4 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

and the quests that I played weren’t all that interesting

The Bloody Baron quest is highly regarded as one of the best quests in gaming history. I dunno, sci-fi appeals to me more than medieval fantasy as well but Cyberpunk just felt like a good looking yet mediocre first person shooter. I plan on replaying it at some point, but It didn't grab me on my first playthrough. To be fair neither did The Witcher 2. That game really shined for me on the second playthrough when I really started understand the nuances of the gameplay. Pretty sure I bought the special edition Cyberpunk with season pass so maybe the DLC is included in that? I don't know. I'll play it eventually. Curious to see what it looks like with the next gen patch anyway.

• Halal 1