Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon (PlayStation/Xbox/PC) - 2.8 million units sold worldwide

Commissar SFLUFAN

It’s definitely one of those action games I will pick up and play over the years after I beat it because it plays so damn well. The controls, sense of speed, the responsiveness etc are all so incredibly well designed it’s hard to imagine a mech game feeling better to play.

• True 1

26 minutes ago, stepee said:

It’s definitely one of those action games I will pick up and play over the years after I beat it because it plays so damn well. The controls, sense of speed, the responsiveness etc are all so incredibly well designed it’s hard to imagine a mech game feeling better to play.

Do you see doing a run without the diffculty mods? I wonder if it's a different experience.

6 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Do you see doing a run without the diffculty mods? I wonder if it's a different experience.

Im not sure. I may try someday to see how far I can get as i’ve gotten a lot more skilled by playing more of it. I’m sure where I threw in the towel originally I could beat now. But it would be more seeing how far I could get than thinking I could actually beat it. It gets harder than Balteus and there’s at least a couple parts I just don’t think I could get past. One in chapter 4 in particular that I just don’t see it lol.

Besides issues with losing focus and taking damage and general frustration repeating things (not all checkpoints are as fair as others here) some of the fights require just so many damn quick button presses to dodge and fight and keep target and for such a period of time that my hands start to hurt, and that’s with using an elite 2 gamepad. I think that is what would really stop me from fully attempting it.

I think the experience would be a little less arcadey and more strategic without the mod, it would feel longer and more rpg/grindy a bit. But I don’t think overall it would be that much different than say, someone really skilled playing through. For 95% of it, including all arena fights, I’m using earn-able equipment and I’m not doing anything that adjusts the enemy difficulty or anything like that. So I’m still experimenting with different parts and strategies, still dying a lot! Still messing around with different is chip specs. But it’s all more in my threshold and the few times I do need additional help to move to the next stage I can. 

• Halal 1

And credits role! The story was slight but interesting in its own vague way. I chose to

stop them from destroying the coral

and feel good about that.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone who likes very difficult games or is willing to use a pc mod. But dont let anyone fool you, this is a HARD ass video game. Even with a mod to make it much less difficult it was still hard!

There is a new game plus that I might grind through over time, maybe some of the handful of things I needed to one hit kill to get past I’ll be able to beat normally by leveling up the Os some more.

Funny thing, the mod breaks the final fight and makes THEM invincible! Luckily I WAS able to beat that one with the mod removed! So that actually ended up being kinda cool to beat it on regulation.

This is the build I used:

IfiaV1W.jpg

Pretty similar but I moved to the dual coral guns so I could stay away and had to adjust some other stuff without the extra energy the mod gives me. Hurt my hands but I pulled it off!

Its also longer than you’d think for this kind of game, took me 20 hours.

• Hype 1

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Worst purchase I made in years. It's not my fault either and we all know who to blame. 

You should buy all new games physically from now on, so the next time this happens you can send it to me. Pay it forward.

• Sicko 1

16 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

Lesson learned. Will never praise a From Soft game again if I suspect @best3444

might be in the thread. Might buy the game by proxy of complimentary wording

Again...I was only joking. You were being genuine with your recommendation and you were very successful playing the game. I thought it wasn't going to be as tough as it was but oh well. I learned my lesson to not buy games like that. I was successful with Elden Ring because of how accessible it was and online help. 

I have nothing but love for you, man. 

13 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Again...I was only joking. You were being genuine with your recommendation and you were very successful playing the game. I thought it wasn't going to be as tough as it was but oh well. I learned my lesson to not buy games like that. I was successful with Elden Ring because of how accessible it was and online help. 

I have nothing but love for you, man. 

I was being sarcastic. I'm glad you at least tried it. From Soft isn't forgiving at all with casuals but if you're persistent enough you can always find an overpowered build if you're patient enough with grinding etc. AC6 requires a lot of patience with seemingly stupidly over powered and lightning fast bosses.. But there's always an exploit. You just have to be willing to try different play styles that work for you and realize they are programmed to seem unbeatable to intimidate you. Once you realize they are VERY beatable with the right combination of weapons it becomes much easier

8 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

I was being sarcastic. I'm glad you at least tried it. From Soft isn't forgiving at all with casuals but if you're persistent enough you can always find an overpowered build if you're patient enough with grinding etc. AC6 requires a lot of patience with seemingly stupidly over powered and lightning fast bosses.. But there's always an exploit. You just have to be willing to try different play styles that work for you and realize they are programmed to seem unbeatable to intimidate you. Once you realize they are VERY beatable with the right combination of weapons it becomes much easier

Yes I do understand that but I really lack patience to figure a game out that I'm severely struggling in. But yea there are a few on here who figure out these tough games and take advantage of exploits etc. 

Or with Armored Core 6, create the correct build that will really help in these battles. I'll never give it another shot if I'm being honest but I definitely learned my lesson. 

18 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I ended up grabbing this thanks to the sale. I’ll be done with my TLOU2 replay in the next day or two, then I’ll be diving in. 

Please give impressions on the difficulty for you. I'm interested to hear. 

My initial impression is that this game is fuckin’ rad, so I won’t mind taking the time needed to master it. I’ve never played anything like it, so I’m sure there will be a learning curve. 

Like the armored helicopter you fight right away, it stomped me the first couple times I fought it, but I realized I wasn’t staying in the air and dodging efficiently, so I took a couple minutes outside of combat to focus on how much I could boost/fly/dodge before I run out of energy and need to land. Getting a feel for that helped me beat it on the third attempt. 

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Hype 2

6 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

My initial impression is that this game is fuckin’ rad, so I won’t mind taking the time needed to master it. I’ve never played anything like it, so I’m sure there will be a learning curve. 

Like the armored helicopter you fight right away, it stomped me the first couple times I fought it, but I realized I wasn’t staying in the air and dodging efficiently, so I took a couple minutes outside of combat to focus on how much I could boost/fly/dodge before I run out of energy and need to land. Getting a feel for that helped me beat it on the third attempt. 

Nice. You should be fine I think if you took him down in 3 attempts. It's a terrific game. 

1 hour ago, TheLeon said:

The Helicopter fight is really just a tutorial on combat boosting and melee. The sword is the best way to take that thing down. I just replayed that mission.

12 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

The Helicopter fight is really just a tutorial on combat boosting and melee. The sword is the best way to take that thing down. I just replayed that mission.

I did end up using melee more as a byproduct of being up in the air more, boosting around it. 

And down goes the Juggernaut! That was the first time I really had to tinker with my mech and adjust specifically to the mission (which I assume is the intended tutorial/skill check nature of that fight). Took me several tries, including restarting the mission once to buy new parts. 

• Halal 1
  • Hype 1

11 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

And down goes the Juggernaut! That was the first time I really had to tinker with my mech and adjust specifically to the mission (which I assume is the intended tutorial/skill check nature of that fight). Took me several tries, including restarting the mission once to buy new parts. 

Nice. 

56 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Thats about the hardest fights I was able to beat until I went ez mode - good luck!

• Halal 1

15 hours ago, stepee said:

Did you beat the game now? This is a pretty big end game spoiler fyi:

Reveal hidden contents

I was not prepared for how much a pain that fight was. I didn't realize I had made that decision but they paid for it so whatever