Judge blocks JetBlue-Spirit merger

5 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I had a horrible experience with Spirit over the summer and am out $1800 because of their incompetence. I won't be flying with them ever again.

how did you spend 1800 for spirit?  cant you fly with them and pay them in bags of peanuts? 

• Haha 1
  • Hype 1

Just now, Firewithin said:

how did you spend 1800 for spirit?  cant you fly with them and pay them in bags of peanuts? 

I didn't spend it with Spirit. I had to spend it with another airline to get me home on time when they fucked me out of a flight and refused to reimburse me even though they were at fault and won't own up to it.

9 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I had a horrible experience with Spirit over the summer and am out $1800 because of their incompetence. I won't be flying with them ever again.

I booked a flight with them several years ago when I had to fly to Delaware. I thought I was saving money over Southwest at the time, but I did have to pay for one bag. The catch is you have to pay for the bag on every flight. So there was a stopover so I had to pay twice there and twice back. When all things were said and done it cost more than Southwest. :|

• Hugs 1

3 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I didn't spend it with Spirit. I had to spend it with another airline to get me home on time when they fucked me out of a flight and refused to reimburse me even though they were at fault and won't own up to it.

ok ok that makes more sense then my bad.  

I've said it over and over again, flying Spirit is like catching a bus. I HATE flying that airline.

13 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Spirit is terrible so the Judge did everyone a favor.

Also this is true.

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

I booked a flight with them several years ago when I had to fly to Delaware. I thought I was saving money over Southwest at the time, but I did have to pay for one bag. The catch is you have to pay for the bag on every flight. So there was a stopover so I had to pay twice there and twice back. When all things were said and done it cost more than Southwest. :|

That's how they get you. They got me like that once too. Never flew them again after that. Their CEO is a sleazebag too.

• True 1

4 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

The lack of interlining agreements and thin schedules is why I avoid Frontier and Spirit. This is an issue Southwest too but their schedules are at least more robust,.

• True 1

13 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Spirit is terrible so the Judge did everyone a favor.

JetBlue wanted aircraft and gate slots, I don't think the Spirit management practices would have carrie over.

• Hugs 1

Just now, Jason said:

The lack of interlining agreements and thin schedules is why I avoid Frontier and Spirit. This is an issue Southwest too but their schedules are at least more robust,.

Frontier is the other really bad one... the only time I fly Southwest is when i get a hook up. I have two freinds who work for them. I prefer to fly Alaska.... Jetblue and United are cool too. Hopefully this Jetblue merger doesn't go through because I actually LIKE Jetblue.

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

They offered me a similar flight... three days later. So I'm either supposed to go spend money on a hotel or sleep in the airport for three days. But I did need to be back home so those weren't options anyways.

The one time I was dumb enough to fly Spirit they oversold the flight, which is not unheard of, but instead of calmly announcing like an hour ahead of time that they need someone to take a flight voucher I ended up standing around with a group of half a dozen other people watching the guy at the desk stare wordlessly at a crumpled up pile of boarding passes as if he'd never seen a boarding pass before. I think I ended up being the last person they let on once the guy emerged from his stupor.

I honestly am surprised companies like Frontier and Spirit haven’t implemented costs for the level of rest their crew members have. I flew Frontier once in my life and that’s because my old company owned them and it was one of the worst flying experiences in my life. You couldn’t pay me to get on Spirit.

i am actually more consolidation hasn’t happened yet especially on the regional airline level.