~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

41 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I bet one of the conspiracies is going to be that the wildfires this year were started in order to spread an aerosolized version of the virus (man made), and that is why cases are getting worse. 

Did you see the shit in the news recently with people trying to get past cops into a BC fire zone? People are really ***king stupid.

“Election season is coming up, you ready for more Covid?”

”It’s all political. My dad had Covid three times. It’s a cold.”

“It’s not about health at all. New vaccines for kids? They just need to get sick, that’s how you build up immunity.”

”I’m not getting another shot.”

“You got one? I didn’t touch that shit.”

I work with fun people. 

• Sad 4

On 8/22/2023 at 11:26 AM, ThreePi said:

Had a couple coworkers or people related to coworkers get covid'd over the past couple weeks. Hadn't heard any covid in months, but definitely seems like it's making a bit of comeback. 

It must be. Both my wife and I got it last week, and we never got it before. It was a doozy, too.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:
230905-covid-us-mask-se-1242p-960b82.jpg
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

Covid hospitalizations, deaths and wastewater data — among other indicators — are all increasing as the U.S. heads into fall.

Been seeing this for a bit at work, but anecdotally the hospitalization rates and icu rates have been low. Covid waves are gonna be just like flu season moving forward.

Day 10 here round 2. That’s twice I got it right before or at the beginning of the booster roll out. It has been milder this time, but I am still dealing with fatigue. Cognitive dysfunction isn’t as bad either this time. No fever. 

I am going to space my next booster out and get it around March or April to have some protection next summer. 

• Hugs 1

On 8/22/2023 at 4:01 PM, CitizenVectron said:

Even if it bypasses all previous immunity (and causes another 2-3% death rate, etc) I don't think most people are going to care, unfortunately. 

It was never 2 or 3%. Thats willfully exaggerating. 

At this point people just need to realize its as endemic as the flu. 

On 9/5/2023 at 7:33 PM, TUFKAK said:

Been seeing this for a bit at work, but anecdotally the hospitalization rates and icu rates have been low. Covid waves are gonna be just like flu season moving forward.

The long term effects of COVID are yet to be seen. There is a real possiblity of a "COVID generation" going forward.

The FDA has approved the Pfizer/Moderna boosters - only awaiting CDC approval now.

WWW.CNBC.COM

The Biden administration said it expects the new Pfizer and Moderna vaccines targeting the omicron variant XBB.1.5 to be available in mid-September. 

The Food and Drug Administration on Monday approved updated Covid vaccines from Pfizer
 and Moderna, putting the shots on track to reach Americans within days as U.S. hospitalizations from the virus rise.

The new vaccines, which target the omicron variant XBB.1.5, are approved for people 12 and older and are authorized under emergency use for children 6 months through 11 years old, according to an FDA release.

The updated vaccines from Pfizer and Moderna won’t be available to Americans just yet.

A CDC advisory panel is scheduled to meet Tuesday to vote on a recommendation on the use of those jabs. After the CDC director signs off on those recommendations, the shots can be administered at pharmacies, health clinics and other vaccine distribution sites.

As for Novavax...

The FDA did not make a decision Monday on an updated Covid shot from Novavax, but the company said in a statement that the agency is still reviewing its vaccine. Shares of Novavax fell about 10% on Monday following the approval of the other updated jabs.

It genuinely appears that Johnson & Johnson has just thrown in the towel :lol:

• Halal 2
  • Hype 1

5 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

My dad is currently paying for neglecting to get the shingles vaccine. He isn't having a fun time.

As for the covid vax, I've not gotten a booster since the initial one and I doubt I bother getting around to any more of them unless things change for the worse.

Limited efficacy with an increased clotting risk, I’ll pass and just stay masked so I can’t spread it if I get it.

This year I think I’ll be getting yellow fever done finally.

On 9/7/2023 at 8:59 AM, Air_Delivery said:

The long term effects of COVID are yet to be seen. There is a real possiblity of a "COVID generation" going forward.

“Long Covid” definitely seems to be greatly over-reported. Theres no world where it’s 20%, or 10, or even close to that. the long term damage seems to be lung damage from the original virus, pre vaccination and mutations, usually with people who were smokers, advanced age, etc.

it’s obviously only anecdotal, but the 2 people I know claiming to have “long covid” are EXACTLY the two you’d expect to make such a claim. Everyone else had a bad cold/mild flu at worst, and was fine a few days later. Some lost taste for a few weeks. Nobody except the two above, who are obese and have never been active, has claimed of lasting problems.

I realize it’s anecdotal, but nobody I know is seeing any rising amount of “covid injured” populace, and almost everyone has had it. 

44 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

“Long Covid” definitely seems to be greatly over-reported. Theres no world where it’s 20%, or 10, or even close to that. the long term damage seems to be lung damage from the original virus, pre vaccination and mutations, usually with people who were smokers, advanced age, etc.

it’s obviously only anecdotal, but the 2 people I know claiming to have “long covid” are EXACTLY the two you’d expect to make such a claim. Everyone else had a bad cold/mild flu at worst, and was fine a few days later. Some lost taste for a few weeks. Nobody except the two above, who are obese and have never been active, has claimed of lasting problems.

I realize it’s anecdotal, but nobody I know is seeing any rising amount of “covid injured” populace, and almost everyone has had it. 

Overweight people and the elderly don't count, obviously, since they comprise such a small part of the population...