Update: first hearing in Trump classified documents case set for July 18

2 hours ago, stepee said:

The idea of trump still running for president and perhaps even being nominated again seems so ridiculous that it’s only the fact he was elected the one time that I don’t dismiss it as a possibility.

I think it’s important to remember that it’s REALLY dumb that he is still a major contender for the presidency. 

He's not a "major contender", he's the out and out leader at over 60%. Unless a deal is cut to stop him from running, Donald Trump WILL be the nominee, and if current polling against Biden is any indication (I know, it's a long ways until the election), he has a damn good chance at being #47. 

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

He's not a "major contender", he's the out and out leader at over 60%. Unless a deal is cut to stop him from running, Donald Trump WILL be the nominee, and if current polling against Biden is any indication (I know, it's a long ways until the election), he has a damn good chance at being #47. 

Sounds like a major contender to me.

17 minutes ago, stepee said:

Sounds like a major contender to me.

Contender makes it sound like someone else a chance, at least that’s how I’ve always seen it. 

like, you were saying “perhaps being nominated again”, but theres no perhaps unless he dies. Perhaps he becomes president again. Its a much higher chance than sane people should be comfortable with, but he’s definitely the nominee of the Republican party.

its like a train wreck everyone knows they should stop, but everyone just thinks someone else will probably pull switch, so there’s nothing to worry about.

15 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Contender makes it sound like someone else a chance, at least that’s how I’ve always seen it. 

like, you were saying “perhaps being nominated again”, but theres no perhaps unless he dies. Perhaps he becomes president again. Its a much higher chance than sane people should be comfortable with, but he’s definitely the nominee of the Republican party.

its like a train wreck everyone knows they should stop, but everyone just thinks someone else will probably pull switch, so there’s nothing to worry about.

Arguing that “major contender” isn’t lavish enough seems weird 

• True 1

38 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Its been the attitude since the beginning… this thing he said will cost him the nomination, ok not that thing but this will, ok maybe this one… or this one..

ok he lost the election, he will concede now..no now… ok now.. ok I guess we gotta hope Pence does the right thing..

I can only imagine the very stern protests and appeals the Dems would still be doing if Pence hadnt done the right thing…. Trumps little fake electors plan and him not yielding and sitting on the presidency would have set the script for the Dems being the ones trying to overthrow the “rightful” government

2 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

I think Trump is gonna get destroyed if the MAGA candidates getting destroyed is any indication. I don't think Gen Z and Millenials poll well because they avoid unknown phone calls like the plague.

The only people who respond to those pollsters are boomers. 

Good luck getting us to pick up the phone if we know you. 

• True 1
  • Halal 1

Judge sets August 14 trial date

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.648652/gov.uscourts.flsd.648652.28.0.pdf

EDIT: Saw this on the Twitterspace:

@domarkus: "There will be a lot of bad information today about this standard scheduling order by Judge Cannon. Although the case is currently set for August, that’s not a real date. It’s just a place setter. The case will get continued."

On 6/20/2023 at 7:57 AM, SaysWho? said:

Judge sets August 14 trial date

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.648652/gov.uscourts.flsd.648652.28.0.pdf

EDIT: Saw this on the Twitterspace:

@domarkus: "There will be a lot of bad information today about this standard scheduling order by Judge Cannon. Although the case is currently set for August, that’s not a real date. It’s just a place setter. The case will get continued."

Yup, the game of legal delays until he can cover himself in the safety of the “campaign trail”… then he can really ramp up the “they are targeting me cause im winning” rhetoric… long enough to again be under the immunity of the “big office”

Can't wait for Garland to pull the plug on this once it drags out too close to the election/after Trump gets the GOP nomination. 

230623205033-trump-federal-trial-date-sp
WWW.CNN.COM

The special counsel’s office has asked for Donald Trump to be tried in December in the Mar-a-Lago documents matter, because of how classified records must be handled carefully...

• Guillotine 2

2 hours ago, Jason said:
230623140508-trump-june-13-file.jpg?c=16
WWW.CNN.COM

CNN has exclusively obtained the audio recording of the 2021 meeting in Bedminster, New Jersey, where President Donald Trump discusses holding secret documents he did not...

Wow, now the media is turning to AI generated voice to create their fake news.

5 hours ago, Jason said:
230623140508-trump-june-13-file.jpg?c=16
WWW.CNN.COM

CNN has exclusively obtained the audio recording of the 2021 meeting in Bedminster, New Jersey, where President Donald Trump discusses holding secret documents he did not...

That was “The Perfect Recording” for Jack Smith to put Trump away with. 

• Halal 2

4 hours ago, TwinIon said:

We already had the text, so the call isn't earth shattering news or anything, but it still astounding to hear for yourself just how blatantly criminal and completely damning it is.

I guess it's more like "see?? We didn't make it up!"

5 hours ago, stepee said:

It’s kinda of weird how they make jokes about political opponents doing crimes as if they are above it WHILE doing crime.

It is the conservative way of thinking. Trump and Hillary can do the exact same crime but because Trump is good, it must have been for a good reason. BBecause Hillary is bad she did it for a nefarious reason.