Street Fighter 6 (PlayStation consoles/Xbox Series/PC) - "Akuma" teaser trailer

Keyser_Soze

15 minutes ago, Biggie said:

The fighting is fluid af though 

I think that is part of my problem as a spectator. It is so fluid it feels less impactful. SF has this snappy quality to their animation that works for me.

Well, at least when comparing SF5 with Tekken 7. I see people getting juggled(?) in Tekken and I can't say it is visually appealing with how each hit resets the falling animation.

Like there, shit seems too floaty. Characters really want to drop in SF. Guile here drops like a rock and needs to be kept up.

It's been out all day today assuming you used a VPN, which I did! Did some tutorials, beat Chun Li's arcade mode story on the hardest difficulty (only 5 fights, which is fine as it's not the main mode) and then did some beginner combo trials. Lemme tell ya, while the final fight of the arcade mode was rough, I think I spent longer trying to get the final beginner combo just once. It's not super hard or complicated, I just didn't realize how staggered you need some moves to be while others need to be super fast. 

Glad I didn't just jump into online. I think I've got the fundamentals down but need to work on execution and timing and getting exact moves out instead of using a small set of safe moves and giving up on so much damage. 

Game's super fun and I hope I can stick with it long enough to really enjoy the online. Actually considering a fight stick like a fucking animal because the 6 button setup of SF is a little awkward, even with my weird Chinese Vader controller that has 6 face buttons. Or maybe keyboard! That might actually be the move, for more accurate digital inputs. 

There's options for "Modern" controls designed around gamepads that are much easier to wrap your head around, but I dunno, I just can't. I'm too stubborn.

Ohhh yeah this feels so good. I’m gonna play through everyone’s campaign to start before I do the world tour mode, probably on 5 level as well. I’ll have to go back and learn some of the new stuff like the dive moves. It looks really good.

Street Fighter 6 has just SMASHED the All-Time concurrent players of every Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, or Tekken game on Steam

All-Time Peak
• Street Fighter 6 - 64,000+
• Mortal Kombat 11 - 35,147
• Tekken 7 - 18,966
• Mortal Kombat X - 15,743
• Street Fighter V - 14,783

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Street Fighter 6 (PlayStation consoles/Xbox Series/PC) - OpenCritic reviews posted | 92 Average - 98% Recommended

Somebody buy this for me and I promise I’ll be nice to you. 

Okay fuck you I am lying. Buy it for me you cheap piece of shit. 

I love launch window fighting games online. Tons of new players, you get matched with pretty evenly matched people. Ryu has always been my main, I just have his moveset down decently (though certainly not complex combos), but I'd like to try getting into Deejay or someone else as well. 

Just a blast to play. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paperclyp said:

I love launch window fighting games online. Tons of new players, you get matched with pretty evenly matched people. Ryu has always been my main, I just have his moveset down decently (though certainly not complex combos), but I'd like to try getting into Deejay or someone else as well.

I'm still trying to figure out who I want to play. I was Juri in the beta and I liked her fine but I'm testing the waters with other characters. I wanted to be Lily but seems she's gotta do a lot of chores to be good (which is funny because Juri is the same way) I think the character walktrhoughs in the battle hub do a pretty good job of explaining how to play the characters though. I only did it with Juri but I could see myself doing it with other characters to maybe make me more interested in them.

50 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I'm still trying to figure out who I want to play. I was Juri in the beta and I liked her fine but I'm testing the waters with other characters. I wanted to be Lily but seems she's gotta do a lot of chores to be good (which is funny because Juri is the same way) I think the character walktrhoughs in the battle hub do a pretty good job of explaining how to play the characters though. I only did it with Juri but I could see myself doing it with other characters to maybe make me more interested in them.

Does each fighter have a individual story that you play through?

41 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Yeah each fighter has a little story of their own. It’s just like an opening and closing though. But it gives you a reason to beat it as everyone. It’s kind of like the arcade mode stories in SF5. I’m still looking forward to starting story mode but I had hoped that the story mode would have you playing as the street fighters instead of a custom character.

42 minutes ago, Biggie said:

There is an arcade mode which has a story like SFV for each character and you unlock artwork.

However, the meat of the game is the world tour mode that has all the characters incorporated into it, with a wider story.