Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

I think it depends on how well Twitter verifies people. If they do as terrible of a job as they did the last time around, that'll be an issue. Actual brands had their verified status, but that didn't stop impersonators from going viral.

You don’t generally have to do a good job at something like this, just having a system is typically all the legal shielding you need.

Just now, sblfilms said:

You don’t generally have to do a good job at something like this, just having a system is typically all the legal shielding you need.

It feels a little different if Twitter winds up letting randos blue check trademarked names.

16 hours ago, jinx8402 said:

Either a 51 man child is forcing twitter to rebrand it's logos to doge dog, or firing all your engineers made an april fools joke 2 days late.

Either one is funny actaully, but not in the way he thinks it was funny.

When I was in the 5th grade, our teacher made us spell words out loud. He said the word, looked at me, and said "Spell it." I wasn't paying attention, so I just said "eye tee." It got a big laugh. The next kid did the same thing. A bunch of kids laughed. A 3rd kid did it. No one laughed.

Elon has a worse sense of humor than that 3rd kid.

In today's instance of Musk pettiness...

npr-twitter-760x380.png
ARSTECHNICA.COM

Twitter changes policy to exclude NPR but hasn't fully scrubbed the old language.

Twitter's "state-affiliated media" tag has an impact on how many people see an account's tweets. "In the case of state-affiliated media entities, Twitter will not recommend or amplify accounts or their Tweets with these labels to people," the company policy says.

holy shit twitter really is just pushing posts by goons now? I went on it for the first time since he took over on accident clicking on a tweet when searching for info on the cash app guy who was stabbed to death around here and the first posts I saw there were vile. They were all taking a post the guy made about how there should be racial equality and mocking him because he got stabbed to death in SF..I haven’t seen anything on who the perp is yet so idk if they even were black or not but either way holy shit it’s just full white supremacy blasting on the front page from an accidental click. Can’t imagine mainstream will even want to be caught looking at that site if that keeps up.

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

In today's instance of Musk pettiness...

npr-twitter-760x380.png
ARSTECHNICA.COM

Twitter changes policy to exclude NPR but hasn't fully scrubbed the old language.

Musk’s shit ass companies are more state sponsored than NPR lol this guy eats so much shit. 

• True 1
  • Halal 1

26 minutes ago, stepee said:

holy shit twitter really is just pushing posts by goons now? I went on it for the first time since he took over on accident clicking on a tweet when searching for info on the cash app guy who was stabbed to death around here and the first posts I saw there were vile. They were all taking a post the guy made about how there should be racial equality and mocking him because he got stabbed to death in SF..I haven’t seen anything on who the perp is yet so idk if they even were black or not but either way holy shit it’s just full white supremacy blasting on the front page from an accidental click. Can’t imagine mainstream will even want to be caught looking at that site if that keeps up.

We look at social media as something that makes humans worse. I propose we are wrong and it makes it easier to find like minded or near like minded individuals and radicalizing them. The idea of keeping in touch with people you lost along the way in life is cool but answering who would be atleast okay with the Nazis in the 1930s is ehhh.

We always look at it as why it's profitable for these companies to foster hate but with Musk you can point at him and say he believes some/all of that hate.

7 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

We look at social media as something that makes humans worse. I propose we are wrong and it makes it easier to find like minded or near like minded individuals and radicalizing them. The idea of keeping in touch with people you lost along the way in life is cool but answering who would be atleast okay with the Nazis in the 1930s is ehhh.

We always look at it as why it's profitable for these companies to foster hate but with Musk you can point at him and say he believes some/all of that hate.

My bigger concern with twitter right now I think is for people who engage with it more infrequently. How it’s feeding hateful biases into people who just clicked on a link at the top of google when they were trying to find information. That it’s such a quick click away from an innocent search to someone promoting white supremacy to you is something I find disturbing.

• Halal 1

29 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

I said it in the other thread, the app keeps defaulting to “For You” now and all I see are tweets from Trump‘s idiot kids and Charlie Kirk flooding the timeline.

My For You feed is still just people I follow and retweets from people I follow. 🤷‍♂️

hero-image.fill.size_1200x675.v168071059
MASHABLE.COM

These bleak numbers might be why Twitter checkmarks were merged.

:pikachu:

-edit-

One more. Man such a genius.....

230327-twitter-mb-1020-a6229d.jpg
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

Twitter has failed to remove blue checks from legacy verified users and lapsed Twitter Blue subscribers.

6 hours ago, MarSolo said:

I said it in the other thread, the app keeps defaulting to “For You” now and all I see are tweets from Trump‘s idiot kids and Charlie Kirk flooding the timeline.

17 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

This is happening to me too.

Do you follow anyone or do you just have an account?

If you don't follow anyone I could see Twitter guessing you want to see right wing stuff. But if you follow people you just see their stuff and stuff adjacent to them, at least that's what I see (just like Jason)

10 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

If you don't follow anyone I could see Twitter guessing you want to see right wing stuff. But if you follow people you just see their stuff and stuff adjacent to them, at least that's what I see (just like Jason)

I think the other thing that results in seeing tons of rightwing garbage is if you hate-engage with it. If you reply a ton to Ted Cruz, Ben Shapiro, etc to dunk on them the site doesn't know you're dunking on them, it just knows you engage with them a lot.

On 4/4/2023 at 7:01 AM, thewhyteboar said:

When I was in the 5th grade, our teacher made us spell words out loud. He said the word, looked at me, and said "Spell it." I wasn't paying attention, so I just said "eye tee." It got a big laugh. The next kid did the same thing. A bunch of kids laughed. A 3rd kid did it. No one laughed.

Elon has a worse sense of humor than that 3rd kid.

"The B Sharps"

• Haha 1

It's funny, I've read countless articles and listened to multiple interviews with Matt Tiabbi and I still don't really understand what the fuck the twitter files is even trying to tell us. They never actually just stop and explain what EXACTLY they are trying to allege happened. It's all just sort of discussed on this level like 3 steps above what actually transpired in all this colorful vague language that is circling around some sort of point but they never actually get there.

If you want me to be outraged it may help to slow down and really explain to me exactly what I'm supposed to be outraged about. It's like they are always speaking in code.

My best interpretation has always been... okay, and? What is the fucking story here?

Matt Tiabbi is a clown and Elon Musk is the biggest asshole on the planet.

8 minutes ago, ort said:

It's funny, I've read countless articles and listened to multiple interviews with Matt Tiabbi and I still don't really understand what the fuck the twitter files is even trying to tell us. They never actually just stop and explain what the EXACTLY they are trying to allege happened. It's all just sort of discussed on this level like 3 steps above what actually transpired in all this colorful vague language that is circling around some sort of point but they never actually get there.

If you want me to be outraged it may help to slow down and really explain to me exactly what I'm supposed to be outraged about. It's like they are always speaking in code.

My best interpretation has always been... okay, and? What is the fucking story here?

Might it be that you just don’t find the conduct that was detailed to be outrageous? I only read 3 or 4 of them, but the basic framework was either “Company lies in public statements about what they do behind closed doors” or “Company has inappropriate relationship with government agencies”.

I just assume both of those things are true about most companies in one way or another, so I don’t find it particularly outrageous :p 

21 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Might it be that you just don’t find the conduct that was detailed to be outrageous? I only read 3 or 4 of them, but the basic framework was either “Company lies in public statements about what they do behind closed doors” or “Company has inappropriate relationship with government agencies”.

I just assume both of those things are true about most companies in one way or another, so I don’t find it particularly outrageous :p 

That's the vibe I got. They tried to present the oldest corporate play in the book as some sort of new outrageous thing. 

1 hour ago, ort said:

It's funny, I've read countless articles and listened to multiple interviews with Matt Tiabbi and I still don't really understand what the fuck the twitter files is even trying to tell us. They never actually just stop and explain what the EXACTLY they are trying to allege happened. It's all just sort of discussed on this level like 3 steps above what actually transpired in all this colorful vague language that is circling around some sort of point but they never actually get there.

Trying to understand the Fox News Cinematic Universe is like:

IMG-1396.gif

• Haha 1

It's really just a bunch of COVID deniers pissed off that Twitter was attempting to lessen the damage being done by trying to stop the flood of misinformation and nonsense that was being spread around while MILLIONS OF PEOPLE DIED.

I'm sorry that people were inconvenienced... It sucked for everyone. Some of us wanted to do the best we could with the information we all had at the time while others are just heartless unfeeling emotionally stunted man babies who whine and pout about everything like stupid dumb fuckers.

Not everything is a conspiracy. Everyone was doing their best to try and save lives and help people. I mean, not everyone, there were a lot of people who did the opposite and FUCK THOSE PEOPLE. THEN, NOW AND ALWAYS. FUCK YOU.

I fucking hate COVID whiners. Biggest bunch of selfish garbage monsters to ever exist.

GettyImages-1481225588-760x380.jpg
ARSTECHNICA.COM

Company name change may be Musk's next step to launch X, the "everything app."

From the article comments:

Am I the only one eagerly awaiting the look on Musk's face when he discovers that the merger into X doesn't get rid of Twitter's legal obligations?

• Haha 2