Evil West (Flying Wild Hog, 22 November 2022) - update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

Commissar SFLUFAN

Game Information

Game Title: Evil West

Platforms:

• Xbox Series X/S (Nov 21, 2022)
  • PlayStation 5 (Nov 21, 2022)
  • Xbox One (Nov 21, 2022)
  • PlayStation 4 (Nov 21, 2022)
  • PC (Nov 21, 2022)

Developer: Flying Wild Hog

Publisher: Focus Home Interactive

Review Aggregator:

OpenCritic - 75 average - 65% recommended

Critic Reviews

The Beta Network - Dillon Van Der Putten - 9 / 10

Evil West is an incredibly fun game, with many ways to dismember enemies or electrocute them with gusto. The story flows very well from mission to mission and the boss battles are incredibly engaging. The world also looks stunning, being drenched in a gothic/steampunk atmosphere that’s highly rewarding to play.

WellPlayed - Ash Wayling - 9 / 10

Evil West might wear old-school clothes, but under the hood it's a modern stunner. Gorgeous and gutsy, the tale of Jesse Rentier paints a dark world where the best way to illuminate your path is by way of a shocking Tesla-powered knuckle duster. It deftly navigates some of the pitfalls that are to be expected when forging a new IP and drops a winning hand that is more aces than eights.

33bits - Juanma F. Padilla - Spanish - 85 / 100

The guys from Flying Wild Hogs offer us with Evil West an interesting setting and polished gameplay. A certain variety and depth in the development, a story that will not change our lives but that accompanies us and, above all, a fun game that is worth being in our collection.

COGconnected - Mark Steighner - 85 / 100

Evil West is the third in an unrelated trilogy of games that weave together the old West with supernatural elements. The West has recently been Hard, Weird and now, Evil. To me, this is the best of the bunch. It’s definitely the most fun. It combines an old-school shooter’s lack of fussy complexity with plenty of depth and engaging, fluid, frenetic combat. Add in a well-acted narrative and some iconic environments, and you’re in for a great time slaying vampires and taking names.

God is a Geek - Mick Fraser - 8.5 / 10

Evil West is one of the most surprising and enjoyable action games of the year, and Flying Wild Hog have an absolute banger on their hands.

Hobby Consolas - Álvaro Alonso - Spanish - 85 / 100

Evil West has the style of a B-movie (in a good way) and the proposal of a PS3/360 game (again, in a good way): it gives exactly what it promises, goes what it goes, does not entertain with nonsense, does not fill for the sake of filling and ends when it has to end. It is a game of those that are no longer made; It's amazing.

Press Start - Harry Kalogirou - 8.5 / 10

Evil West is a relic of a bygone era, one that any fan of high-octane action games should experience. An all-round excellently paced main campaign, ridiculously fun combat, and flexible character progression make for one of 2022's best games, and one of the best third-person shooters in recent years.

Wccftech - Kai Powell - 8.2 / 10

With a flow of combat that rivals that of the Doom Slayer, Evil West hits its mark when taking on vampires, werewolves, and everything in between, despite finding the rest of the experience a bit lacking.

Arabhardware - Ahmed Yousry - Arabic - 8 / 10

Evil West exceded my expectations. Everyone knew it would be an entertaining action game, nothing more, nothing less. But what we got is the start of a whole new series from Flying Wild Hog. A series that I expect to be on the radar of all players in the future, especially if they realize the flaws I mentioned and fixed them as required. I highly recommend all fans of fast-paced action games to try Evil West right away!

CGMagazine - Philip Watson - 8 / 10

Evil West is a must play title for fans of action-adventure games that want a solid narrative with even better combat.

FingerGuns - Miles Thompson - 8 / 10

Smashing your way through hordes of vampires in a style reminiscent of Gears of War and Godhand, Evil West is a limb-tearing, frenetically great time. It's a ridiculously over-the-top title with intentionally garish dialogue, balance issues and some questionable decision choices, but when you're mashing a 10-punch combo into a bloodsucker's deservingly battered face, you'll forget all about logic in favour of a rip-roaring good time.

GameSpew - Richard Seagrave - 8 / 10

With the combat being the heart and soul of Evil West, it’s a relief that it’s so engaging and enjoyable throughout. It’s just a shame that a better balance hasn’t been struck between performance and visuals, as neither mode is particularly ideal. It’s still very much worth digging into Evil West, however: if you can look past the blurry visuals at 1080p, there’s a lot of fun to be had in this old-fashioned action-adventure – and you can even bring a friend along for the ride.

GamingBolt - John Cantees - 8 / 10

If you don't mind the short campaign and the underwhelming story, Evil West's above average combat and cool graphics make the game a fun ride.

GamingTrend - David Burdette - 80 / 100

Evil West doesn't reinvent the wheel, but it doesn't have to. It's fun and a great time, which is all it needs to be. It reminds me of a wonderful B-movie; I watch it because I like to turn my brain off and just enjoy myself. Evil West is just a blast, and worth sinking your teeth into.

Hardcore Gamer - Chris Shive - 4 / 5

Evil West deserves a spot among the best games that take place in the wild west.

MonsterVine - Diego Escala - 4 / 5

If you’re hungry for a meaty action game to sink your teeth in, you’ll have a hell of a time with Evil West.

PlayStation Universe - Garri Bagdasarov - 8 / 10

Sometimes you want to start a game and have fun right from the get-go. Evil West doesn't try to do anything fancy or tell a big cinematic story. Instead, it gives you various tools to go in, and slaughter vampires like humanity's existence depend on it. With plenty of weapons and fun combat, Evil West provides plenty of non-stop action, although it's let down by a paper-thin story and some issues with visuals and lighting.

TechRaptor - Joseph Allen - 8 / 10

Evil West successfully revitalizes the third-person shooter genre with intense, satisfying combat, even if its level design isn't much to write home about.

TheSixthAxis - Miguel Moran - 8 / 10

Evil West is an old-school banger, a reminder of the quick and sharp fun that action games can deliver. It has some flaws here and there, but the meat of the game is fast-paced and endlessly entertaining combat. Smacking vampires into clouds of red mist with a giant lightning gauntlet is something that every video game needs.

TrueAchievements - Tom West - 8 / 10

Evil West feels like a fresh take on the typical 'Old West' settings we see, offering a satisfying combat system and enough gore to sate the appetite of the most bloodthirsty of vampires. Its dark narrative and compelling characters are both engaging, but some questionable level design choices hamper the experience a little in places. There is no doubt, though, that Evil West should be played by anyone with a love for the Western setting and occult references. In good cowboy fashion, this is a tale filled with sadness, pain, action, and perseverance through adversity, and it does a damn good job of it!

TrueGaming - Arabic - 8 / 10

Evil West presents the essence of what fans of classic shooters want from modern-day games. It has its shortcomings but they won't prevent you from enjoying the smooth transitions between combos and weapons and how powerful you feel with each weapon and skill acquired.

ZTGD - Ken McKown - 8 / 10

Evil West is a strong game that simply lacks enough diversity to make it a classic. It is visceral with fun characters that never takes itself too seriously. I had a blast playing it, but definitely could have done with a little more variety. Still it is an unapologetic romp that is a blast to play. There are not a lot of games willing to focus on strictly game play and I respect that. Combine that with the setting that is also highly underused and this is a game definitely worth checking out.

Rectify Gaming - Mike Boccher - 7.9 / 10

Evil West is a throwback to the classic melee brawlers that includes a hysterical storyline, great dialogue and a variety in combat similar to God/Gears of War. A game that does everything it does do well and uses its strengths to set itself apart.

Gamersky - Chinese - 7.6 / 10

Evil West is very much like a cowboy version of Shadow Warrior 3 that has increased action content. Its combat system is well designed. There are various gun skills which can bring players fresh experiences, but there is not much depth in level design, the puzzle-solving parts also slow down the rhythm. What's more, you can really feel that Evil West lacks polishing in many details, which makes the quality of the game unsatisfying.

The Games Machine - Marco Bortoluzzi - Italian - 7.6 / 10

Evil West isn't a bad game, but it's certainly a disappointment. Jesse Rentier is a fun character to play, but unfortunately the encounter design doesn't always let his full capabilities shine, and the boss battles are downright awful. Still worth playing if you're looking for a decent singleplayer (or coop!) action with over-the-top characters, but perhaps wait for a sale.

Checkpoint Gaming - Lisa Pollifroni - 7.5 / 10

Evil West's gameplay focuses around progression. It loves to introduce new elements like weapons, combat and enemies and then proceed to absolutely smash the player with an assortment of everything they have learnt by the end of each chapter. The constant change in how you play the game is overall satisfying, but its rinse and repeat formula of enemies and mini bosses became annoying the more time I spent with it. The location art and narrative is exciting, but I longed to be given more opportunities to explore and be rewarded for my endeavours based on the enticing nature of each area. Evil West is an exciting ride that will test your reflexes and ability to take on swarms of monsters which will either leave you feeling exhilarated, frustrated or like me, somewhere in between.

Cultured Vultures - Ashley Bates - 7.5 / 10

Evil West isn't the most complicated game ever made, but it doesn't need to be, offering a good few hours of overpowered fun.

Gamefa - Mostafa Zahedi - Persian - 7.5 / 10

Evil West is one of those linear games we used to play and love years ago. gameplay is fun and enjoyable and almost everything works properly. that being said, some level design issues like enemy numbers in encounters, low enemy variety or lack of depth in exploration are noticable.

Generación Xbox - Pedro del Pozo - Spanish - 75 / 100

The wild west brings very fun vibes but graphically outdated action. Evil West is the perfect definition of linear gameplay. For better and for worse. That said, it offers absolutely brutal action.

IGN Italy - Stefano Castagnola - Italian - 7.5 / 10

Evil West is not the most ambitious game of the year, but can still provide some fun thanks to its solid action gameplay and its many satisfying combat encounters with all sorts of vampires and monsters.

PlayStation LifeStyle - Paulmichael Contreras - 7.5 / 10

Evil West is a fun, frenetic, blood-soaked, testosterone-fueled action game with a lot to like. There’s some old-school charm to it, but at the same time some old-school frustrations. When co-op works, it’s fun, though it is by no means required to enjoy the game on its own merits. When you’re through the holiday’s festivities, and you want something to play that’s a bit mindless while also being entertaining, then Evil West should be on your list of games to play.

SECTOR.sk - Branislav Kohút - Slovak - 7.5 / 10

Evil West feels almost spectacular at launch and scores points in the first few hours. In the others, however, it loses points and it may happen that you will be excited at first, but you will finish it only out of obligation and because of the finale of the story, which is finally decent and without major surprises.

Worth Playing - Chris "Atom" DeAngelus - 7.5 / 10

Evil West is a fun and well-made beat-'em-up that doesn't exceed its reach. The focus is on the combat, and thankfully, that largely pays off. Even coming from God of War: Ragnarok, I managed to have a lot of fun with Evil West nonetheless. There isn't a ton to see beyond the combat, and you'll probably be done in a single playthrough, but that single playthrough will be a darn fun time.

XboxEra - Jesse Norris - 7.5 / 10

Poor writing and some technical issues are not enough to hold back what is otherwise a blast to play. Solo or co-op if a turn-your-brain-off type of kill-a-thon sounds appealing I think this one is worth it.

AnaitGames - Víctor Manuel Martínez García - Spanish - 7 / 10

The new game from Flying Wild Hog, their third release this year, applies the studio's philosophy —familiar formulas + maximum intensity— to a grindhouse Western comic in which there's not a moment for respite.

Everyeye.it - Giovanni Panzano - Italian - 7 / 10

Evil West is not a cornerstone of the action genre, but it is a product supported by a solid and fun combat system.

GameWatcher - Bogdan Robert - 7 / 10

Evil West's old-school sensibilities aren't what drag it down, although its linear levels might not appeal to everyone. Its combat feels glorious when it clicks, but the studio's latest third-person shooter struggles to find its stride, resulting in a fun but rather unremarkable adventure.

Gameblog - Camille Allard - French - 7 / 10

Evil West is a nice experience. Very violent and not very subtle, do not look for a tactical experience. It is a game that has for only goal to let your brain rest.

GamesRadar+ - Mike Epstein - 3.5 / 5

An entertaining remix of familiar action mechanics and narrative tropes, Evil West is a solid modern beat-em-up that puts combat first.

IGN - David Jagneaux - 7 / 10

Evil West is far from the most complex or innovative action game around, but it nails the most important parts of its old-school, monster-killing campaign.

Kakuchopurei - Jonathan Leo - 70 / 100

Flying Wild Hogs did well here with the Wild West take. Evil West’s flexible combat, challenging fights, and cowboys-versus-vampires setting are enough for me, and probably for you if you need more action games on your PC and console. It does remind me of the old days of 2010s third-person action games, but the good parts.

Push Square - Robert Ramsey - 7 / 10

Evil West is one of those really enjoyable 7/10s. It's never going to win any awards and it's probably not going to stick long in the memory, but give it a few years and someone, somewhere, will swear to you that it's actually an underappreciated classic. It's a chunky action game that knows how to have fun, both in and out of combat.

Shacknews - Nicholas Tan - 7 / 10

Evil West is a straight shooter. It doesn’t pretend to be something more than it is — a game about cowboys slaying vampires without mercy. Despite being a tad unvaried, the combat is viscerally gratifying and confidently uncomplicated. And for that alone, the game is largely able to overcome the hiccups with the limited multiplayer, graphics crashes, and awkwardly edited story. Though the campaign is fairly short given the asking price, it has a permadeath mode and new game plus for replayability. Evil West may be rough around the corners, but it’s worth a shot of whiskey down at the nearest saloon.

Sirus Gaming - Lexuzze Tablante - 7 / 10

Evil West's enjoyable, gruesome combat will keep you wanting to land more punches and rip monsters apart despite the dreary narrative.

Spaziogames - Marino Puntorieri - Italian - 7 / 10

Evil West doesn't even try to reinvent the wheel, but is pretty enjoyable although some technical flaws that we hope will be fixed in the coming weeks.

Twinfinite - Jake Su - 3.5 / 5

Despite these issues, Evil West will most certainly become a better experience with some fine-tuning and a patch or two. As far as I am concerned, its core formula is an entertaining one, bringing players on a linear ride into the wild west and unleashing the darkness of vampires for good measure. For those seeking a pleasant time of vanquishing evil for 10-15 hours using your fists and guns without the stress of needing to do too much, Evil West should firmly be in your sights as your next call of adventure.

PC Gamer - Jon Bailes - 68 / 100

Evil West delivers on its big dumb action game premise, for better and worse.

Glitched Africa - Marco Cocomello - 6.5 / 10

Evil West slowly falls to pieces in its 13-hour campaign due to its weak story, horrid writing and shoddy visuals. The only thing left standing is the combat and even that gets repetitive and shallow after a while.

GameSpot - Richard Wakeling - 6 / 10

Evil West's kinetic combat thrills as you dismember vampires by the bucket load, but it's dragged down by level design that's both formulaic and repetitive.

Saving Content - Scott Ellison II - 3 / 5

Playing Evil West feels like a PlayStation 2 game, in a good way, in that it’s a what-you-see-is-what-you-get kind of game. I do wish the story didn’t feel like I was watching a made-for-TV movie on Syfy, as it was predictable and not giving me a character I actually care about. I was just there for the gore, monsters, and visual effects in all their spectacle. The gauntlet is easily the coolest thing about the combat, so Flying Wild Hog was right to make that the centerpiece. All of the other tools you’re given only enhance the experience, but combat tends to get stale from encounter to encounter as the game goes on. Evil West is a fun vampire-slaying romp while it lasts, and has an honest single-player experience with online co-op that can’t go unappreciated.

VG247 - Sherif Saed - 3 / 5

However you feel about Evil West, the $50/$60 asking price is too steep for what’s on offer: the nature of its level design, limited enemy variety, and forgettable story will get in the way of your enjoyment, even if you’re only there for the combat. As engaging as it is, that action just doesn’t make up for Evil West’s shortcomings elsewhere.

Metro GameCentral - GameCentral - 5 / 10

An enjoyable combat system is left to flounder in an otherwise unambitious ode to Xbox 360 era shooters, that quickly gets too repetitive to enjoy.

Entertainium - Andy Johnson - Worth your time

Evil West is a great antidote to today’s sprawling, open world “forever games”. Its refreshingly tight focus recalls classics from earlier generations. Vampire hunting in the Old West is simply a perfect framework for the gory but cleverly crafted combat which Flying Wild Hog does so well. Those with an Old West action game on their “most wanted” list need look no further.

Eurogamer - Christian Donlan - Recommended

A gleeful splat-'em-up featuring a lovely bag of tricks.

Eurogamer.pt - Bruno Galvão - Portuguese - No Recommendation

Evil West looks like a PS3/Xbox 360 remaster, maybe even a PS3 game running on a current platform, but it can captivate. Simple, linear, without great depth and with a plot in the style of a B-series movie, the work of Flying Wild Hog does nothing new or worthy of prominence, but fulfills in the most important, fun. If you divide their parts, you easily look at the problems, but the whole ends up resulting in a unique experience that might even aspire to the status of cult classic.

Expansive - Sam Diglett - Liked-a-lot

Evil West has a fun, entertaining gameplay flow that is engineered very well, and moves along at a healthy, enjoyable pace, introducing mechanics gradually and smartly to keep everything feeling fresh. While the combat is first rate, it unfortunately gets bogged down by the game’s insistence on blocking everything into arenas, removing some of the dynamism. This is also coupled with some graphical issues.

There’s a strong foundation for a very exciting future here, though, and I hope to see more from Evil West in the future with a game that fully explores the scope of this interesting new world Flying Wild Hog have built.

Kotaku - Zack Zwiezen - Unscored

For me, Evil West is the kind of game I miss these days. I’ll fully admit, I love games like Destiny and Fortnite, games that never end and are filled with battle passes, crafting, loot, etc. Those games can provide hours of fun and are great to play while chilling with friends or listening to a podcast. But I don’t want everything to be a complex, all-encompassing, time-monopolizing social experience that continues to grow and evolve as time goes on. And Evil West is a wonderful example of the kind of games I want more of moving forward. Not everything needs an endgame or a crafting table. Sometimes, I just want to move forward, hear some bad banter and punch some monsters in the face for a few hours. And Evil West gave me exactly that. No more. No less.

Polygon - Reid McCarter - Unscored

Still, disregarding the downtime spent on its charmless characters and bland plot, there’s an undeniable thrill to the fighting. If only the rest of the game packed as memorable a punch as its protagonist does when beating the insides out of Evil West’s vampires, it would be easier to recommend. As it stands, it’s not much more than a series of better-than-average monster-pummeling arenas interrupted by uninspired storytelling.

Unboxholics - Θέμης Μπολτσής - Greek - Caution

If you like fast-paced melee combat games or if you are baked by the B-movie aesthetic and want something mindless, you will definitely have a good time. If on the other hand if you are looking for something more, you better invest elsewhere.

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I called this score months ago! I'm passing on this. Not because of the scores but I'm just not into that type of gameplay. 

I’m passing on it because you play as yet another generic gruff gravely voiced dude character which are a dime a dozen in these types of games, and I just can’t bring myself to play as one again. Give me an athletic badass female character in my third person action games, or GTFO. :p

• Haha 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Evil West (Flying Wild Hog, 22 November 2022) - update: reviews from OpenCritic posted
5 hours ago, best3444 said:

I called this score months ago! I'm passing on this. Not because of the scores but I'm just not into that type of gameplay. 

On 9/11/2022 at 6:33 AM, best3444 said:

This will be another 6/10 game like Saints Row and I'm not falling for it this time.

76/100, nearly an 8/10 game. Scoring around the same as Pokemon, higher than Sonic and Saints Row. Considerably cheaper than all of them, yet still hating on it 🤔

The person who actually called it? This guy

<---

On 9/11/2022 at 6:44 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

I think this will be received a lot better than Saints Row as long as it's not a glitch filled mess.

• Halal 1

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

76/100, nearly an 8/10 game. Scoring around the same as Pokemon, higher than Sonic and Saints Row. Considerably cheaper than all of them, yet still hating on it 🤔

The person who actually called it? This guy

<---

Yea but later on I called 7's. :nerd:

4 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Don't blame me for the console tax. :p

Big brain theory though. Perhaps they are charging full price up front and after a couple of weeks they'll go on game pass.

To be honest,  its the only reason I'm waiting on buying now. This game will be heavily discounted or on gamepass or ps+ soon enough. I can wait. The fact that the gameplay loop seems to be good is all that matters ro me with a game like this. 

• True 1

13 hours ago, Brian said:

Got a copy in the mail today. There is 3GB on this BR disc. You download the other 30GB. Just put a code in the case at this point. Ridiculous 

Its always hilarious when my friend, who is a physical game collector, tells me I don't own my games. I keep telling him most of his modern games are literally unplayable without internet to download the bulk of it. He seems to believe he owns his games more than I do. It's funny. 

Old games, PS3 and earlier, sure, I definitely get wanting physical copies. But today, most of this stuff is worthless clutter without internet.

• Halal 1

This is definitely an old school, linear action game. You go down a path to a little opening, fight a bunch of the same enemy, move down the path, look for some collectibles, fight more, more paths, then a boss. It’s too early to comment on the gameplay. You basically punch your way through the first level. I look forward to unlocking more gameplay options to improve the variety. 

The graphics are ok. It sometimes looks good on the SeX and other times not so much. I get the feeling that this game will be swinging back and forth between good and mediocre for me. 

• Halal 1

DF has an article about this:

Evil-West-Site.jpg
WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

The Evil West Digital Foundry tech review - third-person action, but do low resolution counts spoil an attractive game? Oliver Mackenzie investigates.

"Evil West is a remarkably direct take on third-person action, a linear and propulsive combat game with no open-world diversions, no loot, no crafting, and no side quests."

=

Instant buy.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

4 hours ago, ShreddieMercury said:

DF has an article about this:

Evil-West-Site.jpg
WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

The Evil West Digital Foundry tech review - third-person action, but do low resolution counts spoil an attractive game? Oliver Mackenzie investigates.

"Evil West is a remarkably direct take on third-person action, a linear and propulsive combat game with no open-world diversions, no loot, no crafting, and no side quests."

=

Instant buy.

I was debating this since it’s only $36 at cdkeys and that just sold me. Sounds like the perfect deck game so I’m downloading it there now.

• Like 1
  • Sicko 1

5 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

If this game underperforms commercially (which more likely than not appears to be the case), then I'd say that the future of Flying Wild Hog as a viable studio could very well be in doubt as it would represent its third sub-par release in 2022 along with Shadow Warrior 3 and Trek to Yomi.

Oh all right I'll get it...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Ukraine 1

I have been playing on normal and up to this point, it has been a pretty smooth ride until this recent boss. I find the controls and movement to be a bit cumbersome. The character is a big hulking guy so when the action gets frenetic, I find it difficult to really handle the action. Combine it with a small area, fuck me. 

4 minutes ago, Brian said:

I have been playing on normal and up to this point, it has been a pretty smooth ride until this recent boss. I find the controls and movement to be a bit cumbersome. The character is a big hulking guy so when the action gets frenetic, I find it difficult to really handle the action. Combine it with a small area, fuck me. 

I already turned it down to easy after a couple hours. I just want to have fun and medium requires too much and yeah some stuff is cumbersome like the grab pull.

54 minutes ago, stepee said:

I already turned it down to easy after a couple hours. I just want to have fun and medium requires too much and yeah some stuff is cumbersome like the grab pull.

I plan on doing the same tonight. I didn’t have too much difficulty but this boss is in a small area with a ton of stupid moves. Oh the small FOV on consoles doesn’t help at all 

40 minutes ago, Brian said:

I plan on doing the same tonight. I didn’t have too much difficulty but this boss is in a small area with a ton of stupid moves. Oh the small FOV on consoles doesn’t help at all 

That’s like the boss I was at when I turned it down - but I’m at most like 3 hours in. It’s a real fun game to play on deck though. Kinda perfect for my watch tv/movies while playing thing I do.

Surprised how the console version is because it seems so damn scalable on pc. Just a bad performance profile choice. Medium still looks good on deck and runs at like 45-50fps, they should have made that mode 4k/60 on console. 

6 minutes ago, stepee said:

That’s like the boss I was at when I turned it down - but I’m at most like 3 hours in. It’s a real fun game to play on deck though. Kinda perfect for my watch tv/movies while playing thing I do.

Surprised how the console version is because it seems so damn scalable on pc. Just a bad performance profile choice. Medium still looks good on deck and runs at like 45-50fps, they should have made that mode 4k/60 on console. 

Spoiler

The boss with tentacles and spawns exploding enemies? That boss is driving me crazy. I can’t keep track of all the action. 

1 hour ago, Brian said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I don’t think that was the one, it was just some big ugly thing in a small room early on. 

Right now I’m at

A little past where you set up at the town and held off the enemy’s and are trying to heal up your dad

Talking about it has me a little interested in what happens actually, gonna play some when I get home before Pokémon.

2 hours ago, stepee said:

I don’t think that was the one, it was just some big ugly thing in a small room early on. 

Right now I’m at

Reveal hidden contents

Talking about it has me a little interested in what happens actually, gonna play some when I get home before Pokémon.

That boss is annoying af. I gave it a good 10 tries again tonight before dropping it to Story difficulty. I can get the boss close but then it starts doing every annoying attack at once. It isn’t a short fight either. Besides that fight, I haven’t found it too difficult at normal but I guess this point I will finish on story