Nvidia 4xxx Series - The Official Perennially Disappointing Hunt for More Power!

Mr.Vic20

I’m having my dad install the psu this weekend, that stuff is all too low, but even though I think I’m bottlenecking myself a bit with the current psu, shit is crazy.

What really gets me is that Cyberpunk all maxed out with psycho rt is actually playable in native 4k before you even add dlss now. Them gains.

Edit: The quarry did a nice straight 2x performance jump!

lol Kingdom Hearts 3 is like ~200fps at 4k maxed in the tangled world

easy 4k/120 in horizon 5 maxed now!

• Shocked 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/14/2022 at 9:34 AM, TwinIon said:

Nvidia says it’s ‘unlaunching’ the 12GB RTX 4080 after backlash

lol

Sounds like they're actually going to re-brand it to what it should have been in the first place.

So how much do we think EVGA ragequitting the GPU market had to do with seeing the specs for the 12GB RT 4080 and WTFing at why wasn't it labeled a 4070, and seeing this coming?

7 hours ago, stepee said:

I’m having my dad install the psu this weekend, that stuff is all too low, but even though I think I’m bottlenecking myself a bit with the current psu, shit is crazy.

What really gets me is that Cyberpunk all maxed out with psycho rt is actually playable in native 4k before you even add dlss now. Them gains.

Edit: The quarry did a nice straight 2x performance jump!

lol Kingdom Hearts 3 is like ~200fps at 4k maxed in the tangled world

easy 4k/120 in horizon 5 maxed now!

Me, reading this:

Excited Puppy GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 2

I gotta say it’s actually not as bad fitting in my case as I thought, the width I guess I couldn’t have be too much more, but it fit in rather nicely considering, really happy with my model now, glad I decided to still go for it and not wait for restocks of smaller cards.

Couple other things I tried:

RDR 2 easy 4kdlss/120 on ultra - but almost more impressive with all the locked settings just pushed to the max native 4k no dlss still 80fps

Watchdog Legion - runs 70-80fps for me maxed out with dlss quality now, no more dips to the 40s when driving - obviously cpu bound, lots of gpu headroom - but it hits the goal of maxed out 4k locked 60fps so I’ll take it and play this one now at some point

Hitman 3 - smallest gain of anything I tried, apparently it’s incredibly cpu bound - needs dlss3 badly. It does now run native 4k no dlss with rt sun shadows at 120 which is insane, but the RT reflections in dubai are still a killer. BUT it holds mostly 60fps now still, just barely! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Now try Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for the ultimate test. Turn on DX12 + MSAA in 4K and see if you can crack 60FPS! 

Ima do this when I get off work! Hope my old save is in the cloud so I can go straight to the Prague streets. 

Oh did I mention in Crysis remastered 4k maxed everything including rt maxed out and no drops below 60 :D

Its funny that right now Hitman 3 with ray traced reflection might be the most demanding game! Curious to see what the 13900k does with it!

Just now, stepee said:

Ima do this when I get off work! Hope my old save is in the cloud so I can go straight to the Prague streets. 

Oh did I mention in Crysis remastered 4k maxed everything including rt maxed out and no drops below 60 :D

Its funny that right now Hitman 3 with ray traced reflection might be the most demanding game! Curious to see what the 13900k does with it!

Very nice! As for the 13900K, I expect a light bump up as its still the same architecture as the previous "generation". I would imagine it will give no more than a 15% bump to single core processing, and maybe a 20% bump to multicore. I am prepared and excited to be proven wrong! 

1 minute ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Very nice! As for the 13900K, I expect a light bump up as its still the same architecture as the previous "generation". I would imagine it will give no more than a 15% bump to single core processing, and maybe a 20% bump to multicore. I am prepared and excited to be proven wrong! 

Is 14th gen supposed to be a bit leap or more of the same based on rumors? I’d like to upgrade my cpu but to something kore substantial that really helps with the 120fps bottlenecks.

56 minutes ago, stepee said:

Is 14th gen supposed to be a bit leap or more of the same based on rumors? I’d like to upgrade my cpu but to something kore substantial that really helps with the 120fps bottlenecks.

Intel hasn't really rocked the performance boat in some time, so Yeah the 14th gen would be your better bet, but I'd be suprised if it was a big leap over the 13th.