Vampire Survivors: Emergency Meeting DLC feat. Among Us - Coming 18th December to PC & Xbox

Brian

On 9/30/2022 at 3:17 PM, AbsolutSurgen said:

I have put way too much time into this already 

yeah I started playing on Saturday and I’ve sunk a few hours already and just got to level 20, I can see this sucking up way more than I planned 

10 hours ago, stepee said:

yeah I started playing on Saturday and I’ve sunk a few hours already and just got to level 20, I can see this sucking up way more than I planned 

The mechanics of the game never really change.  But, what you are trying to do in each run does...

You haven't yet got to the part that pulled me in...

• Shocked 1

55 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

The mechanics of the game never really change.  But, what you are trying to do in each run does...

You haven't yet got to the part that pulled me in...

interesssssting, I’m definitely looking forward to playing more of the new level I unlocked later tonight. One big thing for me last night was realizing with certain things like the garlic I can straight mow down weaker enemy’s and move right through them. That feels awesome to do and I started leveling up way faster now.

20 minutes ago, stepee said:

interesssssting, I’m definitely looking forward to playing more of the new level I unlocked later tonight. One big thing for me last night was realizing with certain things like the garlic I can straight mow down weaker enemy’s and move right through them. That feels awesome to do and I started leveling up way faster now.

The garlic is definitely one of my go-tos.  IMHO, Spinach and the Crown are also important.  My focus is to get my experience growing as quickly as possible, and my DPS up as quickly as possible at the beginning of each run.

Suggestions as things get more survivable:

1)  Pay attention to your map

2)  Don't ignore the collectibles/achievements

I made those two mistakes early on.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

The garlic is definitely one of my go-tos.  IMHO, Spinach and the Crown are also important.  My focus is to get my experience growing as quickly as possible, and my DPS up as quickly as possible at the beginning of each run.

Suggestions as things get more survivable:

1)  Pay attention to your map

2)  Don't ignore the collectibles/achievements

I made those two mistakes early on.

Is there a reason you mention collectibles beyond just being fun to unlock? Or is that spoilery? And yeah I was really leveling up the Crown last night when I finally hit level 20, seems like that is indeed one of the best ones to do. I’m almost maxed out on strength; just one more level, then I’ll start leveling up other stats. 

1 minute ago, stepee said:

Is there a reason you mention collectibles beyond just being fun to unlock? Or is that spoilery? And yeah I was really leveling up the Crown last night when I finally hit level 20, seems like that is indeed one of the best ones to do. I’m almost maxed out on strength; just one more level, then I’ll start leveling up other stats. 

Part of the fun of the game is figuring out how all the systems work, so I'm being deliberately evasive (there is no real story to speak of).

1 minute ago, Brian said:

@legend @stepee how does it run on deck?

Perfectly.  I've only played it on Steam Deck.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

21 minutes ago, stepee said:

I can’t believe I actually like this stupid game lol. When I saw the auto attacks, I thought I would jump ship. It’s really not the sorta thing I’m normally into, I haven’t quite figured out why it works so well yet.

Agreed. It really has no right being as fun as it is.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, best3444 said:

If I watched the video correctly, it looks like an arcade game from 1978?

Kind of? It’s a rogue lite like @JPDunks4 asked, but it does have levels you progress through and they unlock so you can jump to them once achieved, so that works better for me than some others. But it’s gameplay is probably closest to the original arcade Gauntlet I’d say. Like a rogue lite version of that and the mazes are navigating through the ridiculous hordes of enemy’s themselves.

Certainly not a looker! But it has a way of showing you new tricks and improvements naturally that keeps you hooked pretty hard for one more run.

• Halal 1

29 minutes ago, stepee said:

Kind of? It’s a rogue lite like @JPDunks4 asked, but it does have levels you progress through and they unlock so you can jump to them once achieved, so that works better for me than some others. But it’s gameplay is probably closest to the original arcade Gauntlet I’d say. Like a rogue lite version of that and the mazes are navigating through the ridiculous hordes of enemy’s themselves.

Certainly not a looker! But it has a way of showing you new tricks and improvements naturally that keeps you hooked pretty hard for one more run.

I was half joking. Glad you're having fun with it. 

I defeated the final enemy in Cappella Magna last night! I wasn't even anticipating there being a final boss :p 

17 hours ago, stepee said:

aw man died at level 39 so close. got a guy who starts with garlic now tho so that rules

Beware the temptation of garlic. Unless they changed it (which they might have), it seems OP, but is bad in the late game when you're trying to get to 30 minutes.

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, legend said:

I defeated the final enemy in Cappella Magna last night! I wasn't even anticipating there being a final boss :p 

Beware the temptation of garlic. Unless they changed it (which they might have), it seems OP, but is bad in the late game when you're trying to get to 30 minutes.

Its possible it’s still the same because during that run at the end, it’s effectiveness seemed to start to go down.

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

Had a run with evolved whip, santa water, bible, magic want, and knife, with a laurel at a high level. Everything melted until I hit 30 min and the grim reaper showed up and KO'd me. What a game.

Other than the final boss (I'm sure it won't end up being the final eventually :p )I think the longest I've lasted is 30:05 by having spammed revives. There are apparently achievements for hitting 31:00, and I have no idea how you have a chance of holding the reaper off for a whole minute :lol: 

• Haha 1