Update: Amazon picks up animated Matt Reeves/Bruce Timm "Batman: Caped Crusader" series after being dropped by HBO Max

5 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

All this tells me is that a bunch of old dudes are trapped in a timeloop.

The film's description all but confirms that notion:

The project is centered on Vito Genovese and Frank Costello, two Italian-American crime bosses that ran their respective families in the middle of the 20th century. In 1957, Genovese attempted to assassinate Costello but failed, although he was wounded and decided to retire, as much as one can retire from the Mafia.

De Niro would play both characters, according to sources.

OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

De Niro is a parody of himself at this point in his career.

• Halal 1

9 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

De Niro is a parody of himself at this point in his career.

I think he just wants to have fun and make money at this point given he's done plenty of great movies. Why else would he do Dirty Grandpa where he got to play with hot young women in bikinis? 

20 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

This would be amazingly hilarious if Disney/Marvel did this! :lol:

Why shop this to another network? It's their own property being animated in house. If they really think it's worth more being sold to someone else, wouldn't that also apply to everything else they own?

4 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

wat

when did that happen

There's a new honcho at CNN, and they absolutely have begun turning right wing. It'll take time, but they'll get there.

3 hours ago, sblfilms said:

It is an assumption due to the politics of the new head honcho

I don't think it's that hard to see happening, it's already begun, based on some of the evidence so far.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

I mean Stelter got fired and rightwing investors have been calling for that for a long time.

Yep, and Tapper and others are already going centrist. It's already happening.

• Halal 1

I watch CNN religiously and it's definitely happening. You're seeing subtle shifts in their coverage to "both sides" things even more than they ususally do. I have no idea why they got rid of Brian Stelter at all other than he was calling out Fox News and Right wing media every week. Was having dinner last night with one of my writer buddies and the talk around town is the downfall of HBO/Warner Bros. Zaslav is gonna run them into the ground. Anyway...

• Halal 1

53 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

This is really sad. Warners was such a good studio for close to 90 years.

Me and my buddy said the same thing the other night. We are watching a piece of history be destroyed before our eyes. What's ironic is just a couple of years ago, WB was seen as "The filmmaker's studio" because they gave their directors such a free hand.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:
AA10rEDB.img?h=630&w=1200&m=6&q=60&o=t&l
WWW.MSN.COM

The fallout from the Warner Bros. Discovery merger is starting to get far worse. The...

Why wouldn't this happen? We all know more cuts are coming and nobody knows when they'll stop between now and whenever it is that Discovery+ finally devours HBO and HBO Max. It would probably be best for anyone that has the option to stay from them for the time being. What does that mean for the studio's projects over the next few years, though?

I swear, they're totally going to try to bring back Real Sex and Taxicab Confessions, aren't they?

On 9/1/2022 at 7:49 AM, skillzdadirecta said:

I watch CNN religiously and it's definitely happening. You're seeing subtle shifts in their coverage to "both sides" things even more than they ususally do. I have no idea why they got rid of Brian Stelter at all other than he was calling out Fox News and Right wing media every week. Was having dinner last night with one of my writer buddies and the talk around town is the downfall of HBO/Warner Bros. Zaslav is gonna run them into the ground. Anyway...

On 8/31/2022 at 5:04 PM, Jason said:

I mean Stelter got fired and rightwing investors have been calling for that for a long time.

He was also one of there Lowest rated shows, and the lowest rated host of reliable sources. Lets not pretend this wasn't coming for quite a while. There were times he pulled under 300k viewers, and rarely got over 500k.

3 minutes ago, Reputator said:

I tried reading that article. It actually calls Brian Morse of RedStateMedia, the one that initiated that whole thing, a scholar.

For clarification, I'm fairly certain that the context is that he's a "scholar" of Middle-earth and not one in general.

At least I hope so.