Watch Dogs: Legion (29 October 2020) - Information Thread, update: Digital Foundry PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S Comparison

6 minutes ago, stepee said:

The reflections are dope in this though!

The raytracing is awesome. I thought it was cool to see Spider-mans reflection but Watchdogs Legion has raytracing everywhere. It's on the hood of vehicles and walking by glass windows in the city is great to see your reflection. There's much more that makes the city look amazing. 

The games lighting is extremely impressive  especially in doors. It's just not as pronounced like Saints Row.

5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Saints Row is a current gen game and Legion is a last gen game with a patch I think. Or am I remembering that wrong?

I'm pretty sure it was patched and it now looks like a next-gen title. It has some of the best visuals I've seen in a game. 

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

The raytracing is awesome. I thought it was cool to see Spider-mans reflection but Watchdogs Legion has raytracing everywhere. It's on the hood of vehicles and walking by glass windows in the city is great to see your reflection. There's much more that makes the city look amazing. 

The games lighting is extremely impressive  especially in doors. It's just not as pronounced like Saints Row.

yeah the amount of surfaces in WD is really nice

• True 1

8 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Saints Row is a current gen game and Legion is a last gen game with a patch I think. Or am I remembering that wrong?

Well, they are both cross gen games. Watch Dogs Legion launched with the new consoles so it was already made with them in mind. A later patch added the 60fps mode to WDL though, but it did launch with the RT mode. WDL is technically one of the most impressive games out still for sure.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

6 minutes ago, stepee said:

WDL is technically one of the most impressive games out still for sure.

Yup. I'm constantly looking at the amazing details in the faces and clothes from not only the protagonists but npc's.  

Another thing I find is the AI is top notch. 

Man, some of these missions that require you to infiltrate a building to access server downloads etc are a real bitch. It's really difficult for me to get to the location that is heavily guarded.

Just about 10 minutes ago I literally killed 15 cops/security guards to download a file that took me 30 minutes to figure out how to reach it.  Lol innocent lives gone all for deleting server information. :(

Also I suck at stealth in games in general so that doesn't help matters.

• Haha 1

This game is pretty damn difficult. You really have to think how you are going to approach situations. One example was taking a photograph of evidence that is under a huge building. I could visibility see that it was underneath me but I had no idea how to get down there. I spent over an hour searching all around the building and looking for an entrance for my spider bot.

It turned out that you have to hack a news drone and fly it in an air vent close to the street pretty far away from the building. I mean jfc that was not easy to do. After I took a picture of the evidence that completed all activities in that city section which awarded me a new bee keeper recruit. My team is pretty solid now with good variety of talent and real guns!

This is a great game and I can't say it enough that the visuals are top 5 out right now. The raytracing is extremely impressive and it's used everywhere. The lighting is spectacular and the 4K resolution makes this game fuckin pop. I still look around the environment in awe. 

Anyone who never played this i highly recommend it.

55 minutes ago, best3444 said:

This game is pretty damn difficult. You really have to think how you are going to approach situations. One example was taking a photograph of evidence that is under a huge building. I could visibility see that it was underneath me but I had no idea how to get down there. I spent over an hour searching all around the building and looking for an entrance for my spider bot.

It turned out that you have to hack a news drone and fly it in an air vent close to the street pretty far away from the building. I mean jfc that was not easy to do. After I took a picture of the evidence that completed all activities in that city section which awarded me a new bee keeper recruit. My team is pretty solid now with good variety of talent and real guns!

This is a great game and I can't say it enough that the visuals are top 5 out right now. The raytracing is extremely impressive and it's used everywhere. The lighting is spectacular and the 4K resolution makes this game fuckin pop. I still look around the environment in awe. 

Anyone who never played this i highly recommend it.

I remember that mission. Definitely one of the tougher ones for sure.

• Thanks 1

Fuck me this game is extremely difficult. I'm now stuck in a mission and I just quit for the evening.

I now go into secured areas with my semi automatic and kill everyone in the location instead of using stealth. It then gives me time to do the mission without getting caught. I still enjoy this but the challenge it provides isn't necessarily a relaxing gaming experience. 

38 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Fuck me this game is extremely difficult. I'm now stuck in a mission and I just quit for the evening.

I now go into secured areas with my semi automatic and kill everyone in the location instead of using stealth. It then gives me time to do the mission without getting caught. I still enjoy this but the challenge it provides isn't necessarily a relaxing gaming experience. 

This game looks way to creepy for me 

• Confused 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

51 minutes ago, best3444 said:

You’re not really encouraging me to play this based on your more recent posts, because fun factor is important to me when it comes to games and this is sounding more like a chore to play.

11 minutes ago, Biggie said:

This game looks way to creepy for me 

Creepy how?

Just now, Phaseknox said:

You’re not really encouraging me to play this based on your more recent posts, because fun factor is important to me when it comes to games and this is sounding more like a chore to play.

I don't recommend this game to you. It's a constant challenge with a lot of stealth and it gets frustrating. I'm still going to beat it by this weekend. But yea, I know your taste in games and this wouldn't satisfy you.

The city, npcs, and AI are all extremely impressive though. It's next-gen shit and it looks truly amazing. It makes Saints Row look like a PS3 title. 

18 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I don't recommend this game to you. It's a constant challenge with a lot of stealth and it gets frustrating. I'm still going to beat it by this weekend. But yea, I know your taste in games and this wouldn't satisfy you.

Well I already own it, and I’ve played a little of it before. I was planning on playing it again at some point, but now I’m not sure that I will.

18 minutes ago, best3444 said:

The city, npcs, and AI are all extremely impressive though. It's next-gen shit and it looks truly amazing. It makes Saints Row look like a PS3 title. 

Saints Row does kind of look like a PS3/Xbox 360 generation game which is why I thought that you might not like it since you’re a graphics guy. I’m fairly certain that one of the reasons why you’ve been playing Watch Dogs: Legion so much despite it being somewhat difficult and frustrating is because the graphics are really good on current gen consoles. If you were playing it on a last gen console then you probably would have stopped playing it by now.

• True 1

After I ate dinner I went back to play this and I made incredible progress. I figured everything out on my own and it was satisfying. I'm moving along nicely. 

2 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

Saints Row does kind of look like a PS3/Xbox 360 generation game which is why I thought that you might not like it since you’re a graphics guy. I’m fairly certain that one of the reasons why you’ve been playing Watch Dogs: Legion so much despite it being somewhat difficult and frustrating is because the graphics are really good on current gen consoles. If you were playing it on a last gen console then you probably would have stopped playing it by now.

The visuals, lighting, raytracing, the alive city with a ton of pedestrians and traffic, has kept me hooked. Plus the game mechanics and the options you have at your disposal are all really cool. But you're probably right, if I was playing this on PS4 I may have dropped it like a hot potato by now. Visuals mean a lot to me. 

Also, Saints Row has its own distinct graphical style and doesn't look bad at all. I'm absolutely going back to that game and beating it.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1