What's your favorite chain restaurant?

Fizzzzle

It's been years now, but my mom and I used to go to Applebee's at least once or twice a month. I always had a decent meal. Nothing mind-blowing, but usually good and decently priced. At the time, they were doing the 2 for $20 meals. Not sure if that's a thing anymore. We tried Chili's a few times, but somehow I always ended up with a cold burger and/or fries. She liked the ribs, though. 

I never could bring myself to go to Buffalo Wild Wings. The 'B-Dubs' nickname annoyed me, but maybe that's because I'm not cool.

As for 'fast food', definitely Taco Bell. I could eat those 5-layer burritos every day, all day. Delicious.

B-Dubs ain't bad so long as I'm in the mood for it & I hope that it strikes me on either a Tuesday or Thursday for BOGO wings because gawd dayum those wing prices are insane!

That said however, I do prefer more traditional Mexican fare or southeast Asian cuisines, when it comes to my palate, I lean more towards small businesses that do a few things REALLY well on their respective menus.

I'm not a huge fan of a lot of the sit down chains. Mostly because they are either sea food or steak joints and I feel they are almost always overpriced experiences. I'm a also chicken boy so I'd generally prefer Popeyes over most places even if that is just fast food.  

I am also a big fan of ribs tho and so Dickey's Barbecue Pit would have be my favorite, but their overpriced asses caused them to only last a few years here. And so, the only other chain in town which sells a decent rack of ribs is Texas Roadhouse. Chili's has this issue of their ribs being below room temp every time I get them so I haven't been there in years. 

1. Smokey Bones
2. Texas Roadhouse
3. Red Lobster

Smokey Bones has a variety of things on the menu I like but unfortunately they aren't as good as they used to be (took some stuff off the menu I loved like the Twisted Timber and Bison Burgers).

Texas Roadhouse has really good sides and appetizers.

Red Lobster has really good drinks and sometimes I just want some lobster but their sides are low quality.

• Like 1

Some smaller places up here in Canada but a few big names too for some of my favs

1) California Sandwiches (small Ontario chain, huge chicken sandwiches)

2) Five Guys (Cajun fries and loaded double cheeseburger please)

3) Burger King (I’m a whopper fan)

4) Koyo (awesome teriyaki chicken)

I find chain steakhouses to be some of the best options. Not sure how far the Landry’s company operates these days, but one of their concepts is Saltgrass Steakhouse and I could just eat loaves of their beer bread all day.

My favorites are Nations and Melos, but those are bay area only I think so not sure if that counts.

Of more national chains I think Taco Bell has to be the best. It’s just it’s own type of food that nothing else can compete with if that’s what you happen to want.

Oh is Casper’s a national brand? I love their kraut polish dogs.

edit: Oh how could i forget subway lol I fucking love Subway

• Halal 1

8 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Texas Roadhouse. Their steaks are good and the price doesn’t break the bank and I love those rolls. 

Just about the only chain restaurant I’ll actually volunteer going to. Other than quick foods and such. 

We recently got a Jersey Mike’s and that’s my new favorite sandwich place. 

My area used to be drowning in Subways. Like one every other mile. Jersey Mike's is finally moving in and I LOVE their subs. They are even building one right down the road from me. Could be dangerous....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stepee said:

My favorites are Nations and Melos, but those are bay area only I think so not sure if that counts.

Of more national chains I think Taco Bell has to be the best. It’s just it’s own type of food that nothing else can compete with if that’s what you happen to want.

Oh is Casper’s a national brand? I love their kraut polish dogs.

edit: Oh how could i forget subway lol I fucking love Subway

My Man! Taco Bell is to Mexican food what Highschool cafeteria pizza is to pizza. Which is to say, a weird sub category that isn't what it sets out to be, but is sometimes just the right thing! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

Red Robin is my favorite chain restaurant.

I really like Red Robin too. It’s not my favorite, but it’s up there. However, they ruined their Mountain High Mudd Pie (which was one of my favorite deserts) years ago when they removed the peanut butter from it stating that people with peanut allergies complained about it having peanut butter in it. I don’t understand why they didn’t simply offer the choice of with peanut butter or without instead of eliminating the peanut butter option completely. Suffice it to say I started frequenting Red Robin less since that change, because the Mountain High Mudd Pie was one of the things that I went there for.

49 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Can’t go wrong with either place.

You can’t really go wrong with any sub sandwich place except for Subway. :p But in all seriousness, sub sandwiches are one of my favorite things to eat and I’ve been to a lot of sub sandwich places over the years and Subway is one of my least favorites. I still somewhat like them since I like sub sandwiches so much, but they’re definitely not my first choice by any means.

7 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

You can’t really go wrong with any sub sandwich place except for Subway. :p But in all seriousness, sub sandwiches are one of my favorite things to eat and I’ve been to a lot of sub sandwich places over the years and Subway is one of my least favorites. I still somewhat like them since I like sub sandwiches so much, but they’re definitely not my first choice by any means.

I would rank Port of Subs below Subway. I used to like Quiznos but it was horrible the last time I had it.

16 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

Convenience store sandwich garabage

12 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

I would rank Port of Subs below Subway. I used to like Quiznos but it was horrible the last time I had it.

I’ve never been to Port of Subs. I liked Quiznos back in the day, but I haven’t been to one in years. Since moving to a small town, I haven’t been to a lot of places that I used to like in years.