Don't water cool your PC?

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

Is this one of those don't do it in all these conditions but if you do it cool it's fine anyway videos?

It's about syphon coolers.

WWW.ICEGIANTCOOLING.COM

IceGiantCooling

There are some SERIOUS caveats here. They're gravity fed, so if you're motherboard is mounted in it's side, no good. Also, it's huge, so you might lose access to RAM and NMVe ports. Also, I'm not sure how good these things are when you're dealing with hot ambient air.

I have an NZXT Kraken AIO water cooler. I went with water cooling because my office is cramped and gets pretty hot pretty quick. I mean, it was a walk in closet that we converted to an office when I went full-time work from home a couple years back. I needed some active cooling without having to really worry about the room being a steady temperature...not that it ever gets that hot. There is a vent for forced air in there.

On 7/29/2022 at 5:12 PM, SuperSpreader said:

AIO coolers are nice.

This is the one I currently have in my mini-ITX build.

1615584522-kraken-x63frontbnwith-fanpurp
NZXT.COM

Build the Extraordinary with NZXT. Premium gaming PCs, custom gaming PCs, software, and other PC-related products all for the DIY and PC gaming community.

Yes, that's a crazy huge cooler for a mini-ITX build, but it's an overclocked 3900x in a small case stuck in a room with not the greatest ventilation. I've had no issues other than motherboard drivers getting in the way of me being able to adjust the RGB on the cooler.

That said, their fans aren't exactly the quietest, so I might swap them out for some Noctus in the near future.

• Halal 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/29/2022 at 5:54 PM, Ominous said:

I feel like this guy is full of shit most of the time.

I don't think so. That said their titles and thumbnails can be very clickbait. Sadly that is the standard YouTube strategy these days to help exploit the algorithm.

The content isn't all that bad.