~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

Back when the us had reentry requirements.

id go into Covid patient rooms and take my mask off trying to get reinfected so I could bypass the testing requirements. 

I couldn’t get it; I think I’m immune at this point as I’d give myself a direct exposure without PPE and never tested positive. Short of licking a Covid patients oral secretions I can’t have a greater exposure.

If I'm reading this morning's rapid test line it shows I'm positive but the T line is extremely faint, and it took most of the 15 minutes to get there. Compare this to Friday-Sunday where you it was a very bold T line within 60 seconds. 

This

20220718_085225.jpg

vs

20220715_070137.jpg

So hopefully this means I'm on track to be testing negative by tomorrow morning. 

Co-worker was passing by me while I was eating a sandwich to say he's going home as he's not feeling well. I said I hope it's not covid, to which he said he had it last week, so it's probably just residual sickness... I hope he's not still contagious, or this might be how I finally get it... 

PCR from yesterday came back negative, sample collected just about 120 hours after my initial sample that tested positive. In light of the negative PCR test and looking at this morning's rapid test and comparing to what the rapids from yesterday and Monday looked like, maybe it's been false positives on the rapid tests since Monday. 

And I think that even though the worst of my symptoms was congestion on Thursday that the Paxlovid definitely helped, I've been basically fine since Sunday. I was getting fatigued and a bit spaced out early Saturday but that may have just been knock-on from only sleeping 4 hours Thursday night, it always takes me multiple days to get over bad deprivation. 

Let me just say, even though it's been weeks since I tested negative, this still sucks. My mother wanted a video of the kids. All I did was walk over to them and hit record on my phone. When I played it back before sending it, I could hear myself breathing heavily like I just had run a marathon. Literally just walked across the room. I am so out of breath like 90% of the time for absolutely no reason. I know this is a common post-COVID symptom, but it really sucks.

• Sad 4

14 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

What a bunch of morons.

I just don’t get it. I also wonder what their vaccinated teammates think of the two best players on the team choosing to be unavailable over vaccination. The Cards are in a tight division race, and those games could be the difference maker!

3 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I just don’t get it. I also wonder what their vaccinated teammates think of the two best players on the team choosing to be unavailable over vaccination. The Cards are in a tight division race, and those games could be the difference maker!

imagine Toronto representing the American League in The World Series. National League team has some of their best players who can’t play because they’re too chicken shit to get vaccinated. 

• Sicko 3

About a week ago I ordered more gubbmint COVID home rapid tests to replenish my stock after burning through a bunch with my recent exposure/infection. The new ones expire in August...about a month after they arrived. :/

I'm very unlikely to need 8 rapid tests in the next month.

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

About a week ago I ordered more gubbmint COVID home rapid tests to replenish my stock after burning through a bunch with my recent exposure/infection. The new ones expire in August...about a month after they arrived. :/

Not with that attitude. Shopping carts aren't going to lick themselves.

Woke up congested so I took a rapid test just now and it came back positive. Rebounding from the Paxlovid maybe? Guess I need to get another PCR, I know you can get false positives on rapids shortly after an infection clears, but surprising because I was fine when I did a home rapid a couple of days ago for the same reason (just kind of congested)

Huh, CDC says the SARS-CoV-2 RNA can be detectable for up to three months afterward, so I guess a rapid test isn't reliable for a few months after an infection? They do suggest going by symptoms instead of tests at this point, problem is with congestion as my only potential symptom right now that doesn't tell me much because I do sometimes just wake up congested, e.g. simply because of a dusty apartment.

On 7/24/2022 at 10:20 PM, Jason said:

Well this sure aged like milk didn't it? I'm still testing positive from my rebound 'rona.

107096030-1659098293923-gettyimages-1238
WWW.CNBC.COM

Many scientists believe that updating the vaccines to target omicron BA.4 and BA.5 will provide more durable protection against infection this fall.

The Health and Human Services Department has secured 171 million doses of new Covid vaccines that target the omicron variant in preparation for a fall booster campaign.

The U.S. has agreed to purchase 66 million doses of Moderna’s new vaccine formula in a $1.74 billion deal, HHS announced Friday. The Moderna order comes on top of a $3.2 billion agreement to purchase 105 million doses of Pfizer’s updated shots that target omicron.

HHS expects to receive the first deliveries from Pfizer and Moderna early this fall. The new vaccines that target omicron still need to be authorized by the Food and Drug Administration and cleared by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

• Like 1