Phantom Blade 0 announced for PS5/PC

SaysWho?

If it actually plays like the footage (I have serious doubts) it could be promising. 

I will assume that was a 100% scripted sequence with no actual gameplay until proven otherwise 

Edit: apparently the studio making this a mobile game developer... So yeah this is going to be a steaming pile of shit. Cool trailer though!

TQ9Be7oDRG8xeB9YBxz84N-1200-80.gif
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Phantom Blade: Zero looks like Sekiro on a drunken night out.

It seemed like this might be a PlayStation exclusive but the developers subsequently posted the trailer to YouTube, and there were two very important logo additions at the end: the Epic Games Store and Steam. Now, the most obvious thing to say about this trailer is that it seems to be a mix of pre-rendered action sequences and what looks like genuine clips of the combat system, though given the absence of any HUD or other indicators it's hard to say. But if this combat system looks anything like it does here, and feels good in the hands, then this could be a winner.

On 5/25/2023 at 1:08 PM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Practically no one in the ResetERA thread for this game believes that it's even remotely "real" :lol:

I don't blame them. It looks 100% how I expect any proof-of-concept video to look. You know, the ones that always look way way better than the final product, and which shows gameplay that, based on how humans use controllers, never seems quite right. Like, just the frame rate and the animations seem off. Like how I'd expect a game to look if you left that awful interpolation on with a TV?

If I stared at the footage more I could probably pinpoint exactly what I mean, but as it stands this just doesn't do it for me.

I don't think this interview with the developers did them any favors as far as putting to rest the nagging doubts about this game's "existence"

phantom-blade-zero-394x218.png
TWISTEDVOXEL.COM

S-GAME, the developer behind third-person action role-playing game Phantom Blade Zero, has shared the length of the game's main story along with details regarding the gameplay. During a Q&A session that took place on Discord, the Phantom Blade Zero developer, S-GAME, shared information regarding the length of the game's main story as well as new details regarding the gameplay. With regards to

S-GAME, the developer behind third-person action role-playing game Phantom Blade Zero, has shared the length of the game’s main story along with details regarding the gameplay.

During a Q&A session that took place on Discord, the Phantom Blade Zero developer, S-GAME, shared information regarding the length of the game’s main story as well as new details regarding the gameplay.

With regards to the length of Phantom Blade Zero’s main story, the developer stated that it should take approximately 30 to 40 hours to complete. Additionally, there are several side quests to take on as well as a wealth of endgame content that will unlock upon the completion of the main story, including various multiplayer dungeons, a boss rush mode, rogue-like abysses, and more.

In response to a question regarding the authenticity of the gameplay shown in the PlayStation Showcase trailer, the developer stated that the action sequences seen in the trailer feature actual combat captured in-engine. However, for the purpose of the trailer, the studio used a more “cinematic” camera and specifically set certain angles. The developer said that, in the actual game, the combat will have a more stable camera with a larger Field of View. The action will look much clearer, although less impactful compared to the trailer in order to avoid causing dizziness.

26 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I don't think this interview with the developers did them any favors as far as putting to rest the nagging doubts about this game's "existence"

phantom-blade-zero-394x218.png
TWISTEDVOXEL.COM

S-GAME, the developer behind third-person action role-playing game Phantom Blade Zero, has shared the length of the game's main story along with details regarding the gameplay. During a Q&A session that took place on Discord, the Phantom Blade Zero developer, S-GAME, shared...

Lol why did they choose 40 hours to complete the main story, that is way too long and they probably only have like 2 minutes of gameplay built out so far. So it was 2-3 people working on it like a year ago - this is definitely very unlikely to be a real thing you play, unless it’s some kind of “demo game” like Bright Memory.

• 8 months later...