The Righteous Gemstones: Season 3 (HBO, 18 June 2023) - Official Trailer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Righteous Gemstones: Season 3 (HBO, 18 June 2023) - Official Trailer
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The show has been renewed for a fourth season, but with that season finale, it really does seem like the series has arrived at a natural conclusion.

I hope the arc for Season 4 is Gemstone University.

• Halal 1

I really do agree with this paragraph from the article below:

What’s interesting is that for all the satire of the culture behind televangelism and Southern church spectacle, The Righteous Gemstones is never expressly anti-religion. In fact, the most sincere moments within the series have been when the characters reflect on their faith and bond with each other over their shared beliefs.

the-righteous-gemstones-season-3-skyler-
COLLIDER.COM

The finale sets up a very intriguing storyline between two characters.

Also, this one from The Atlantic:

original.jpg
WWW.THEATLANTIC.COM

Danny McBride’s show about a flawed evangelical family is goofy on its face but unusually eloquent on the subject of forgiveness.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2023 at 7:36 PM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The show has been renewed for a fourth season, but with that season finale, it really does seem like the series has arrived at a natural conclusion.

I just finished this yesterday and I agree they could definitely end it right now and it would just be a perfect ending for the series. I was thinking it would be kind of hard to top that. 

Then I watched Vice Principals in its entirety in a marathon session while playing Mr Run and Jump yesterday and hot damn that is a well wrapped up series too and a great ending.

Of course that wrapped up in two seasons, instead of 4, but I kinda think now Danny Mcbride and Jody Hill are just fantastic show runners and I don’t think they would do another season if they didn’t have a solid plan.

1 minute ago, stepee said:

Decided to re-watch Eastbound and Down, I don’t think it’s as good as the others but it’s still pretty damn funny. Will Ferrell still just slays me in his role here 

Yea, I've seen that clip a bunch of times. I watched the entirety of that series back when it was actually on. It's definitely funny and McBride was ridiculous.  🤣 

10 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Yea, I've seen that clip a bunch of times. I watched the entirety of that series back when it was actually on. It's definitely funny and McBride was ridiculous.  🤣 

Definitely watch this (The Righteous Gemstones) and Vice Principles, I can’t imagine not liking them if you liked Eastbound, its all the same team 

17 hours ago, stepee said:

Decided to re-watch Eastbound and Down, I don’t think it’s as good as the others but it’s still pretty damn funny. Will Ferrell still just slays me in his role here 

Blooper from this scene is just as good. 

• Hugs 1

• 2 months later...