Duke Energy says dam breached at plant in North Carolina; coal ash may be flowing into Cape Fear River

Jason

So I lived in NC for a year and had Duke energy as my electric provider. When I first signed up I was given by them a box of free CFL lightbulbs. Great! I thought.

They each lasted a few weeks of normal use, when they should last for years.

That's my Duke energy story.

They've been having coal Ash issues for years now, so this is no surprise to me. I wonder how far upstream this is.

4 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

So I lived in NC for a year and had Duke energy as my electric provider. When I first signed up I was given by them a box of free CFL lightbulbs. Great! I thought.

They each lasted a few weeks of normal use, when they should last for years.

That's my Duke energy story.

They've been having coal Ash issues for years now, so this is no surprise to me. I wonder how far upstream this is.

I feel like light bulbs lasting years is some bull shit.  Usually in the fine print it's based on some strict routine like on for so many hours per day, not turned on/off multiple time per day. Because I've bought expensive name brand led bulbs that claim 20 year life span and I've replaced quite a few of them after 1 or 2 years. 

1 hour ago, DarkStar189 said:

I feel like light bulbs lasting years is some bull shit.  Usually in the fine print it's based on some strict routine like on for so many hours per day, not turned on/off multiple time per day. Because I've bought expensive name brand led bulbs that claim 20 year life span and I've replaced quite a few of them after 1 or 2 years. 

Yeah I only get 2-5 years out of the best LED bulbs when they claim 20+.