Captain Marvel Official Trailer

legend

26 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

I'd like to see what makes her leave, and what gives Fury the motivation to not count on her to come back and why he needs to implement the Avengers Initiative.

I’ll guess that Fury decides to form The Avengers in part because of Marvel / an alien threat, and will think she’s too powerful to have hanging around earth. That tracks with his line in Avengers that Thor / aliens is what caused Fury to really go all in on the initiative. As to why she doesn’t get paged until after the snap... who knows. Even if she explicitly warns him about Thanos dusting people, seems like a Hail Mary to ping her. 

15 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I’ll guess that Fury decides to form The Avengers in part because of Marvel / an alien threat, and will think she’s too powerful to have hanging around earth. That tracks with his line in Avengers that Thor / aliens is what caused Fury to really go all in on the initiative. As to why she doesn’t get paged until after the snap... who knows. Even if she explicitly warns him about Thanos dusting people, seems like a Hail Mary to ping her. 

You know, we'll probably have to just live with the loose continuity.  Coulson(or was it Fury) did explicitly state that Thor, after fighting the Destroyer, changed SHIELD's perspective about beyond-Earth threats.   But here in this trailer, 20 years prior, we see Ronan looming over Earth. And in Agents of SHIELD we already know Fury was experimenting with Kree before the alien invasion took place.  So I think we can just chalk up a one-line comment from a movie to not be entirely accurate.

7 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

You know, we'll probably have to just live with the loose continuity.  Coulson(or was it Fury) did explicitly state that Thor, after fighting the Destroyer, changed SHIELD's perspective about beyond-Earth threats.   But here in this trailer, 20 years prior, we see Ronan looming over Earth. And in Agents of SHIELD we already know Fury was experimenting with Kree before the alien invasion took place.  So I think we can just chalk up a one-line comment from a movie to not be entirely accurate.

Yeah, I’ve got no issue with any of that.

I love the part of her punching the old lady. Anyone not familiar with the skrulls and they're shape-shifting abilities is going to be confused by that lol. 

Now to begin speculating who we believe has been a skrull the whole time. I can see Agent Ross being one. 

1 hour ago, mo1518 said:

This looks really awesome.

However great the trailer was, the part that grabbed me was that her -> a hero font transition - it was so simple and good, why hasn't that been done before? Well, probably know the answer to that, but man what a cool design.

That jumped out to me too... some copywriter probably got a nice bonus for coming up with that. 

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

Doesn’t Captain Marvel have some weird floating head side kick thing in the comics? Or is that the second (male) Captain Marvel? ... or am I thinking of someone else entirely?

You’re thinking of Planescape Torment and Morte. Pretty big miss TBH.

1 hour ago, Brick said:

Now to begin speculating who we believe has been a skrull the whole time. I can see Agent Ross being one. 

Yeah, this is gonna be really weird. I don’t know how it could be a movie main character we spent any meaningful time with unless they decide to get REALLY Heavy Rain about the whole thing, and... fuck that. Though maybe however the snap is undone will make that more clear.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

He doesn't.

Yeah, while I suppose they could have her be "outside" the universe or something, I think this is a perfectly valid possibility. It's a 50-50 chance she got hit or not. Moreover, as far as we were shown, Fury doesn't even know what's happening. All he knows is the world around him is falling apart.

12 minutes ago, legend said:

Yeah, while I suppose they could have her be "outside" the universe or something, I think this is a perfectly valid possibility. It's a 50-50 chance she got hit or not. Moreover, as far as we were shown, Fury doesn't even know what's happening. All he knows is the world around him is falling apart.

The 45 seconds Fury is aware of the snap before he grabs the beeper suggest that either he’s been warned that someone might do something like that or I guess that he figured that specifically was the only thing he could do on the off chance that he was gonna dust also. Both of those seem like a stretch, so who knows.

It’s possible I’ve spent WAY TOO MUCH TIME wondering why the people who dust have EVERYTHING THEY ARE TOUCHING get dusted, clothes, weapons, etc. But that beeper DOESN’T dust. Maybe EVERTYHING about Captain Marvel is undustable. We need to go deeper.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

The 45 seconds Fury is aware of the snap before he grabs the beeper suggest that either he’s been warned that someone might do something like that or I guess that he figured that specifically was the only thing he could do on the off chance that he was gonna dust also. Both of those seem like a stretch, so who knows.

It’s possible I’ve spent WAY TOO MUCH TIME wondering why the people who dust have EVERYTHING THEY ARE TOUCHING get dusted, clothes, weapons, etc. But that beeper DOESN’T dust. Maybe EVERTYHING about Captain Marvel is undustable. We need to go deeper.

Ok don't think about their clothes and shit getting dusted. That's asking for a brain hurt.

37 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I lean more toward the latter. The world is going to shit so fast that if ever he had a need beyond the avengers of Earth, that seems like the moment. We'll see though!

:lol: 

I got it! The determination of what to dust is a function of the state of affairs at the moment of the snap, not the duration it takes to complete it. Nick wasn't holding the beeper when the snap happened (he had to run to get it); ergo, the beeper was not selected for dusting.

8 minutes ago, legend said:

I lean more toward the latter. The world is going to shit so fast that if ever he had a need beyond the avengers of Earth, that seems like the moment. We'll see though!

:lol: 

I got it! The determination of what to dust is a function of the state of affairs at the moment of the snap, not the duration it takes to complete it. Nick wasn't holding the beeper when the snap happened (he had to run to get it); ergo, the beeper was not selected for dusting.

Yeah I think it would be the latter too... but I don’t think I’d ever take that beeper off my belt if that was the case. :p 

Also I accept your beeper theory.

The headcanon I have for the end of Infinity War is that Bucky’s arm survives the snap and Rocket carries it with him everywhere as a reminder of what it cost to get it.

• Like 1

I like this:

DhmVhm5VAAEPxmS.jpg:large

1 minute ago, Kal-El814 said:

The headcanon I have for the end of Infinity War is that Bucky’s arm survives the snap and Rocket carries it with him everywhere as a reminder of what it cost to get it.

I love this. It must be integrated. Especially for the lols when Bucky comes back.

• Like 1