Vintage game party

Rodimus

I had some friends over today for a Vintage Game Party. It went really well. I plan to do it again. The game focus went to 4 player or more games. I don't really play 4 player games much. Here is what we played. Also looking for some game suggestions for next time.

We Played

Power Stone 2 on Dreamcast

Bomberman on TG16 5 player

F-Zero GX on Gamecube

Monkey Ball 4 player Target party game

Mario Kart Double Dash Gamecube

Smash Bros Melee Gamecube

Typing of the Dead Dreamcast 2 player

Then as a few people left I popped in WipeOut Omega collection in VR and Rez in VR for them to try it out.

I don't currently have an SNES or Genesis Multi tap.

I also need to get 2 Saturn Multitaps.

I was having some technical difficulties with the TED V2 on my Duo although it works great on my TurboExpress. I have used it before with little issue. That is Scary when my Duo-R has peoblems playing games.

• Like 1

That sounds like a lot of fun. Sadly I don't have enough people to convince to do a retro game night at my place. On the flip side at a previous company when we did game night there I would try to bring in something retro or different.  When I did PC-Engine it was great but wish I had more then 2 controllers =(

Last year my sister had some friends over and I hooked up the SNES but most of the games were having issues (either wouldn't start or would lock up, probably from spending years in a box and naturally my cleaning cartridge from the early 90s was useless having dried out long ago). Killer Instinct was one of the games that was still working. In the end my sister and I ended up playing through SMW and DKC 1-3 on Wii U Virtual Console. We also got Mario Kart 64 (another sister has the cart so we got it on VC) because they were complaining about Mario Kart 8 and my sister and I started playing a warp-less run of SMB3 but she lost interest in World 6.

N64 is great for a retro party. Besides Mario Kart 64, there are games like Star Fox 64 (make sure to unlock tanks and no vehicle), Bomberman 64, Mario Party 1-3 (though if you play the first one go easy spinning the analog stick), Diddy Kong Racing, Super Smash Bros. and Goldeneye. There are also puzzle games including 2 versions of Tetris, other shooters such as Turok and South Park, other racing games, and I recall having fun with Battletanx when I rented it.

We used to have big LAN parties where we'd also play retro stuff. I recall a couple times where we actually got 10 people for Saturn Bomberman. Good times. Can't get that many these days, people have moved off, gotten married, had kids, etc. We still have the occasional small group over and play 4 player beat 'em ups on the arcade PCBs. Other stuff, too, though a lot of fighting games, which i'm not into.