I need some cell phone advice

Remarkableriots

I have the Samsung Galaxy A20 Tracfone and was using Straight Talk $35 plan. This past Monday i was at the mall with my mom and noticed at boost mobile they have a $15 plan so i decided to switch. They put in a new sim card (I didn't get my old sim card back)and the person said that it might take some time before i could make any calls. So far it hasn't worked yet and i talked with customer service a few times with online chat. This last time they mentioned this model might not be compatible with boost network but the store employee said it should have declined signing up when i went Monday. Do you think the phone just needs to be unlocked? I went back to the store and they said unfortunately i can't get a refund for the money spent switching over. They said i should go buy a new phone at Wal-Mart for decent price and could sign up for boost. Also mentioned that maybe we should refute the charges to try to get the money back?

42 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

I have the Samsung Galaxy A20 Tracfone and was using Straight Talk $35 plan. This past Monday i was at the mall with my mom and noticed at boost mobile they have a $15 plan so i decided to switch. They put in a new sim card (I didn't get my old sim card back)and the person said that it might take some time before i could make any calls. So far it hasn't worked yet and i talked with customer service a few times with online chat. This last time they mentioned this model might not be compatible with boost network but the store employee said it should have declined signing up when i went Monday. Do you think the phone just needs to be unlocked? I went back to the store and they said unfortunately i can't get a refund for the money spent switching over. They said i should go buy a new phone at Wal-Mart for decent price and could sign up for boost. Also mentioned that maybe we should refute the charges to try to get the money back?

Have you done this to see if your phone is actually compatible ?

WWW.BOOSTMOBILE.COM

Check out Boost bring your own phone and prepaid phone plans that include unlimited talk and text. Activate your own phone today!

Worse case you buy a new sim on Trac and switch back 

Have you gone to a boost store in person?

I'm on Boost and recently they made everyone get new sim cards because they changed their network. They said that the new sim cards would work with my own phone on the website but when I went in the store the lady said it wouldn't, so I had to buy a new phone. Also, the other catch is make sure your old phone is off when you activate your new phone because I guess things get confused.

52 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Have you gone to a boost store in person?

I'm on Boost and recently they made everyone get new sim cards because they changed their network. They said that the new sim cards would work with my own phone on the website but when I went in the store the lady said it wouldn't, so I had to buy a new phone. Also, the other catch is make sure your old phone is off when you activate your new phone because I guess things get confused.

Yeah i went to the one in the mall again and a different boost store today to try to get the issue fixed but no luck.

1 hour ago, SimpleG said:

Have you done this to see if your phone is actually compatible ?

WWW.BOOSTMOBILE.COM

Check out Boost bring your own phone and prepaid phone plans that include unlimited talk and text. Activate your own phone today!

Worse case you buy a new sim on Trac and switch back 

I checked that site and i got "We cannot determine if your current phone is eligible to switch to Boost." I wanted to switch though because I'm unemployed and atm my mom is paying my phone bill.

• 2 weeks later...