Goodnight sweet prince: Sony Japan ends repair services for PlayStation 2 after 18 years

SaysWho?

I forget how many PS2 systems we have. I know my husband has the slim black model in the closet. We have my original fatty I got for christmas in 2002. It doesn't play CDs. And the system we actually have on the entertainment center is a fatty with a disc drive that doesn't work. It's fine, though, because we have all the games loaded onto a HDD to play that way. 

I think that's all. Seems like we got rid of the silver slim. 

I have so many games for it and I don't play it often. Hell outside of this last time we just hooked it up, I don't think I played it in maybe 2 years but every so often I or my son get an urge to try some old school stuff and we had some fun on it when it worked during the time.

I'm down to 32 games for it. And they're almost all from series I like: Castlevania, Dark Cloud, Fatal Frame, Dragon Quest, Gradius, Shin Megami Tensei, Silent Hill, and Suikoden. Aside from 3 Working Designs games(part of my complete WD set), Clock tower 3, and Star Ocean 3, all my games are from the aforementioned series. 

I'm just not crazy about the games from that era, outside of established series I know and like. I don't think there are that many gems on it that hold up well today.

42 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'm down to 32 games for it. And they're almost all from series I like: Castlevania, Dark Cloud, Fatal Frame, Dragon Quest, Gradius, Shin Megami Tensei, Silent Hill, and Suikoden. Aside from 3 Working Designs games(part of my complete WD set), Clock tower 3, and Star Ocean 3, all my games are from the aforementioned series. 

I'm just not crazy about the games from that era, outside of established series I know and like. I don't think there are that many gems on it that hold up well today.

My favs were NBA Street and NFL Street. 

46 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Definitely agree that not a lot of those games hold up. In all honestly if I was playing and enjoying them then, I most like got a collection or HD remaster on a later system.

I still have the final revision of the slim PS2.  Haven't ever used it, but I bought it when they were clearing them out just in case I wanted to play a PS2 game again at some point.  Crazy how efficient those things were at the end of their life.  Didn't even need a power brick as they we able to house a PSU internally. 

43 minutes ago, Biggie said:

My favs were NBA Street and NFL Street. 

35 minutes ago, Hurdyb1 said:

Definitely agree that not a lot of those games hold up. In all honestly if I was playing and enjoying them then, I most like got a collection or HD remaster on a later system.

Back then, I was playing a ton of GTA, Madden, NFL 2K5, MLB 2005, and NBA 2K5. The GTA games don't hold up today, though I'd be over the moon if Rockstar came out with a remake of Vice City. And I moved past sports games during the PS3 years.