July 19 Maryland primaries

Apparently the Democrats are continuing to insist on backing "unelectable" Trump candidates. :facepalm:

donald-trump-dan-cox-maryland-1.jpg?qual
NYPOST.COM

The Old Line State is the latest testing ground for Democrats' controversial strategy to boost the GOP contender they suspect would be the easiest to beat in November.

I voted for Moore. A friend of mine is on his campaign so I'd like her to keep her job. Also, lol no to Perez and, "shockingly", the old, career white guy, Franchot, is only winning western MD and the Eastern Shore. Moore is cleaning up all the major counties/city except Montgomery.

28 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

It also depends on the state. Maryland isn't electing a trumper gov.

I don’t know why any of us is ever confident in what will happen in elections anymore. America has shown an impressive ability to do very weird things come Election Day.

2 hours ago, Anathema- said:

America is different than Maryland.

It isn’t. No state is. You can find all sorts of shocking election results if the right confluence of events occurs.

39 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

You can't abstract your way through every argument.

As my man @SaysWho?so often puts it: this board sucks at predicting literally everything. There are many things that are unlikely, but also not zero probabilities. We have no idea what the facts on the ground will be on Election Day. We have no idea if a particular voting blocs will see turnout down for this reason or that. The presumption that certain types of candidates can’t win is a curious take.

You in particular rebuffed me when I said Trump could win in 2016. Maybe don’t be so confident?

9 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

There’s a large portion of MD that is maga country. It’s not all just Bmore and Anne Arundel. A lot of my coworkers back before I left were of that persuasion in both Bmore and Fort Washington.

AA can be pretty purple depending on the candidate. They voted Hogan both times but I don't think they'll go full MAGA. I can see some in Ft. Washington being red since there's money in that area but they're overwhelmed by the rest of PG County. We're deep blue. Pretty much all the populous areas up and down I-95 will keep the state blue in any presidential election. Any governor coming from their side would have to be some kind of centrist to get anything passed through our legislature. Most of the chuds would be found in western MD and the Eastern Shore.

On 7/21/2022 at 4:47 PM, sblfilms said:

As my man @SaysWho?so often puts it: this board sucks at predicting literally everything. There are many things that are unlikely, but also not zero probabilities. We have no idea what the facts on the ground will be on Election Day. We have no idea if a particular voting blocs will see turnout down for this reason or that. The presumption that certain types of candidates can’t win is a curious take.

You in particular rebuffed me when I said Trump could win in 2016. Maybe don’t be so confident?

While I fully believe Democrats will win since Republicans nominated the worst candidate, I also say, "Who gives a shit what I feel?" :p 

Democrats should just take every race seriously, play the short and long game, and always give people a reason to vote for them. Look at New Jersey's crazy election last year that polling had the Dem up by 8-9 points only to win by 3 points, and that state was also considered safe.