SFLUFAN

Battlefield V: significant gameplay changes detailed

They probably got him because they wanted to cut back on the humor at this event.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

The Daily Show is so bad now, I cannot believe that it’s ratings still hold and that it still has a strong following since the departure of Stewart. The correspondents aren’t even funny anymore. 

49 minutes ago, ort said:

They probably got him because they wanted to cut back on the humor at this event.

They must also want to cut back on this type of humor.

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

The Daily Show is so bad now, I cannot believe that it’s ratings still hold and that it still has a strong following since the departure of Stewart. The correspondents aren’t even funny anymore. 

You are correct. This is the worst batch of correspondents I can think of. Trevor Noah just doesn't have the raw charisma or intelligence to carry a show by himself either.

It's not the worst show ever or anything, but it's definitely not worth my time. I do watch it here and there, but it's always disappointing.

3 minutes ago, ort said:

You are correct. This is the worst batch of correspondents I can think of. Trevor Noah just doesn't have the raw charisma or intelligence to carry a show by himself either.

It's not the worst show ever or anything, but it's definitely not worth my time. I do watch it here and there, but it's always disappointing.

I think the problem is that they try to get correspondents "below" Trevor's level instead of trying for the best of the best, so they scrape the bottom of the barrel. :P

Jordan Klepper's show had a bit of a rough start but it's exceeded TDS on pure wit and "smart jokes/satire". It's worth checking out, though, not on the level of Stewart's TDS or The Colbert Report, obviously, but much better than the current TDS or The Late Show (which has a neutered and pandering Colbert). Seth Meyers is by far the best of the "political satire shows", IMO, right alongside John Oliver - Samantha Bee's show is also good, but the once/week formula hurts it, IMO. /tangent 

I can't stand Jordon Klepper. Hated him from the start. I've seen like 5 minutes of his show and I found it nails-on-a-chalkboard excruciating.

I also can't get into Samantha Bee's show. I'm not sure why.

1 hour ago, ort said:

I also can't get into Samantha Bee's show. I'm not sure why.

Because she's an imbecile?

9 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I really wish John Oliver could have taken over for the Daily Show.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

While John Oliver left for HBO prior to Stewart announcing retirement, supposedly several others including Jason Jones (my favorite correspondent of all time) and Samantha Bee were asked by Stewart, however, declined knowing that filling Stewart’s shoes would be nigh impossible and that they’d be better off starting their own show(s). Basically, once the offer got far enough down the ladder, it fell to Noah. 

Not sure exactly how true this is, but I do remember reading/hearing it awhile back.

I don’t mind Trevor Noah. He had impossible shoes to fill, but I think he’s fine.

I think he’s an odd choice to host this, regardless. 

I don't think Noah is the problem, he's an extremely funny guy(at least based on his stand up material) with a ton of charisma.

I believe it's the writers that are the issue.

just my opinion.

I like the daily show.. but you guys do have a point about the guests. They could be better. But I believe Trevor is doing a good job there. He’s funny.

I could go for a current generation WWII game that isn't CoD. Enlist me! 

It would be cool if a dev went after a realistic shooter in the same way iD made doom. Not in feel of course, but went all out with making an interesting campaign with good AI, etc. 

Like people are way way too kind to COD and even some BF campaigns and act like they are good. They’re just tech demos for trailers. I assume they’ll do the vignette thing again and ugh. 

2 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Like people are way way too kind to COD and even some BF campaigns and act like they are good. 

I'm pretty sure that D1P fully acknowledges how bloody terrible the BF "campaigns" are and only consider the CoD campaigns to be only marginally "better" :P

24 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

I'm pretty sure that D1P fully acknowledges how bloody terrible the BF "campaigns" are and only consider the CoD campaigns to be only marginally "better" :P

Yeah I didn’t necessarily mean on this board but as evidenced after your post and the recent cod thread, there are an alarming number of people who really like them.

12 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Yeah I didn’t necessarily mean on this board but as evidenced after your post and the recent cod thread, there are an alarming number of people who really like them.

The campaigns for CoD 1, United Offensive, CoD 2, and CoD 4 are legitimately fantastic linear FPS campaigns.  

But that's the extent of it.

20 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

The campaigns for CoD 1, United Offensive, CoD 2, and CoD 4 are legitimately fantastic linear FPS campaigns.  

But that's the extent of it.

Yeah I can agree with that. BLOPS1 and 2 were OK, but imagine a shooter of that nature in the ball park in quality to that of DOOM. I would love to see it, but EA and Activision have the market cornered.