Sign in to follow this  
GuyWhoPredictsThings

‘Roseanne’ May Move ‘Away From Politics’ in Season 2, ABC President Says

There was one episode where politics was a, somewhat, big portion of the show. Aside from that, it really hasn't been that big of an issue. Maybe a few lines here and there. Either way, I'm enjoying the show.

Gee, I wonder if all this political stuff prior to the show’s release was all just for a ratings grab... Hmm... I GUESS WE’LL NEVER KNOW.

:| 

:P 

40 minutes ago, Derek said:

There was one episode where politics was a, somewhat, big portion of the show. Aside from that, it really hasn't been that big of an issue. Maybe a few lines here and there. Either way, I'm enjoying the show.

Right, there's been some stuff since then that kind of grazed politics, like the Muslim episode last week, but for the most part it's just been Roseanne.

I just hope Barr doesn't say anything too stupid to get the show boycotted, cause personally I wouldn't mind a few more seasons of the show.

For a show that was really sucking wind by its last season or two, it's interesting how the intervening years have made it feel like they've probably got a few dozen more shows of relevance in them again.

In fact, my biggest knock against this season, after the worry that Barr's personal views would overwhelm the series, is probably just how truncated it felt because the writers had so much they wanted to say. The political debut, Mark's clothes, the Muslim episode, the opiod episode, the David episode (which was more an interpersonal episode, but also packed a lot of catching up in a small space). Any word on whether season 2 will be longer? Cause it would be nice to have some episodes like last weeks where the cast gets to stretch their legs with some mundane topic and just play off one another for half an hour.

3 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I just hope Barr doesn't say anything too stupid

After President Donald Trump telephoned her personally to offer his congratulations for her sitcom’s stellar ratings, Roseanne Barr is returning the favor by defending Trump in a series of bizarre tweets posted Friday.

After posting the link to a story that discussed why Trump should thank the actress, the Roseanne star was quick to counter-argue, “The writer is so gracious to me, but I do like the President.”

Barr then proceeded to argue for what Trump has accomplished thus far during his presidency. “President Trump has freed so many children held in bondage to pimps all over this world. Hundreds each month,” the actress tweeted. “He has broken up trafficking rings in high places everywhere. notice that. I disagree on some things, but give him benefit of doubt-4 now."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/roseanne-president-trump-has-freed-children-pimps-all-world-1098812

Just now, Jason said:

Yeah, that is the thing she said that made worry something a little more openly offensive could spur a boycott.

It's kind of a unique situation where there hasn't already been more talk of that, I think. If she was on a long-running series, instead of one that just debuted, there probably would have already been more serious consequences for her if someone dug up some of these old Tweets of hers that make the one you posted look tame.