crispy4000

Days Gone - preview coverage from Game Informer and other outlets

29 minutes ago, AndrewDean84 said:

I was checking out the preview thread over at ResetEra.  Not looking good. I figured GameInformer was going to be kinder, getting the exclusivity and all that.  Generic seems to be the takeaway.  

Seems like a lot of outlets were going in expecting to bash it for that, and when they didn't find anything that immediately struck them as otherwise, they stuck with their story.  (Though that story might have changed from TLoU to Far Cry). The Eurogamer article seemed almost spiteful about it, with their comment that they can't remember the face of the main character. I think what Variety and GI said is enough to say that there's a bit more bubbling under the surface as far as its open world systems go.  Doubt we'll get a clear picture how all that ties together until reviews roll around.

Also, only GI got to fight the hoard so far.  I'm sure Bend wasn't willing to let that out yet to everyone else.  Since framerate still sounds like a problem as is. 

US Gamer joins in with the "ho-hum" impressions.

Right now though, Days Gone just feels overly familiar. I've seen this before, I've played it before. It looks good and plays well, but it currently lacks that spark that makes it unique. Luckily, SIE Bend Studio has a year to polish up those aspects and put Days Gone next to its peers.

11 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

US Gamer joins in with the "ho-hum" impressions.

Right now though, Days Gone just feels overly familiar. I've seen this before, I've played it before. It looks good and plays well, but it currently lacks that spark that makes it unique. Luckily, SIE Bend Studio has a year to polish up those aspects and put Days Gone next to its peers.

Whoa, it's like I put the US Gamer link along with a billion others here, which show a much wider ranger in impressions! :P 

52 minutes ago, GuyWhoPredictsThings said:

Whoa, it's like I put the US Gamer link along with a billion others here, which show a much wider ranger in impressions! :P 

Or you tried to hide it.

:P

It's a great thing that the dev has a lot more time to fix the framerate issues many of the previews had.  Dips don't bother me so much, as long as they don't happen often.  I'm currently playing Fallout 4 on my Pro, and that has some framerate issues, with the Pro patch.

It’s almost like GI gushed over it so they get more exclusives from Sony in the future in an attempt to cling to their dwindling relevancy. :thinking: 

:P 

I dunno, I liked what I saw in the YouTube videos. :shrug: