Which games coming out the second half of the year are you looking forward to?

Phaseknox

While the first half of the year didn’t offer too many new game releases that I was interested in, the second half seems to be a little better. The following are the games that I’m looking forward to between now and the end of the year (in alphabetical order):

Asterigos: Curse of the Stars (TBA)

God of War: Ragnarok (11/9)

Hogwarts Legacy (TBA)

Saints Row (8/23)

Star Ocean: The Divine Force (10/27)

Stray (7/19)

Sword and Fairy: Together Forever (8/4)

Valkyrie Elysium (9/29)

Which games coming out the second half of the year are you looking forward to?

Pokémon, Rabbids 2, Saints Row, Stray, God of War, Batman, is Sports Story actually ever going to release? That if so. I’ll buy Splatoon 3 and may end up loving it but can’t get hyped for some reason. Is Cyberpunk expansion supposed to be this year? That if so. I’ll be getting MW2 and may even try portable multiplayer on deck for that.

I can’t keep up with the release list with all the changes so prob missing tons of stuff I want.

Xenoblade 3 and God of War 2 are the big ones.  Though I doubt I’ll have a PS5 in time for the latter.  (I sold my PS4 Pro too)

Mario + Rabbids 2 and Crisis Core are fairly high up.  Plague’s Tale 2 probably would be too if I played the first.  I’m curious about Hogwarts, Sonic and and Batman.

For indies, Stray, Tinykin, High on Life look like fun.  Still wondering if Little Devil Inside makes it this year. Palworld, Rollerdrome and Ooblets could be fun as novelties.

2 hours ago, stepee said:

Pokémon, Rabbids 2, Saints Row, Stray, God of War, Batman, is Sports Story actually ever going to release? That if so. I’ll buy Splatoon 3 and may end up loving it but can’t get hyped for some reason. Is Cyberpunk expansion supposed to be this year? That if so. I’ll be getting MW2 and may even try portable multiplayer on deck for that.

I can’t keep up with the release list with all the changes so prob missing tons of stuff I want.

Just say all of them and be done with it bruh lol

14 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

Mario + Rabbids 2 and Crisis Core are fairly high up.  Plague’s Tale 2 probably would be too if I played the first.

I would be interested in A Plague Tale: Requiem too if it was coming to PS4, but it’s not for some reason despite the first one being on PS4. It’s coming to Switch though which I’m bitter about. Like with Gotham Knights it’s going to be a game that I have to wait to play when I get a PS5, but that’s not going to be for quite some time.

• Phaseknox changed the title to Which games coming out the second half of the year are you looking forward to?
7 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

I would be interested in A Plague Tale: Requiem too if it was coming to PS4, but it’s not for some reason despite the first one being on PS4. It’s coming to Switch though which I’m bitter about. Like with Gotham Knights it’s going to be a game that I have to wait to play when I get a PS5, but that’s not going to be for quite some time.

They're targeting next gen only.  Switch version is cloud based, as Keyser said.  There is no XBO version either.

God of War: Ragnarok is the one im most excited for.

Hogwarts Legacy!!! Game looks incredible.

Star Ocean: The Divine Force 

Valkyrie Elysium 

XBC3 

LiveAlive

Callisto Protocol- definitely hyped for this.

Harvestella

I'll buy The Last of Us when it's 30$ or less.

• Halal 1

7 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

What does this mean?

The game isn't running on Switch hardware.  It's being run on a PC somewhere else.  The online video it generates is then streamed to your Switch over the internet.  You'll get video compression artifacts and additional input delay.  When the servers one day get shut down, you'll no longer have access to your game.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

What does this mean?

18 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

The game isn't running on Switch hardware.  It's being run on a PC somewhere else.  The online video it generates is then streamed to your Switch over the internet.  You'll get video compression artifacts and additional input delay.  When the servers one day get shut down, you'll no longer have access to your game.

That's why I made that comment in jest a while ago, when you were upset about not being able to play Xbox games, saying you could play the Xcloud version on the browser in your PS4 (the PS4 does have a web browser right?) - Meaning the game is being streamed to your console so you can play it without owning the console.

(I just never explained it because I'm an asshole and left it as is)

I'm actually pretty damn impressed with this year overall. The GOW release was the cherry on the top. 

I just beat Cyberpunk and will beat Forbidden West shortly. Then we had Elden Ring and Kirby. Then I have:

The Last of Us Remake

Saints Row

Psychonauts 2

Hogwarts Legacy

A Plague Tale: Requiem (beat the first one and was impressed)

Gotham Knights

Stray

:feelsgood: