SFLUFAN

Immortal Redneck (roguelike, Ancient Egypt themed FPS) coming to Switch on May 10

2 minutes ago, Biggie_Rich said:

Why is it shit?

It’s a false equivalence used by racists to justify their racism. 

Just now, Paperclyp said:

It’s a false equivalence used by racists to justify their racism. 

Now that’s fucking shit. 

16 minutes ago, Biggie_Rich said:

Now that’s fucking shit. 

It's been made pretty goddamn plain. "Nigger" has been used as a racial slur against black people for hundreds of years, as they've been kept as slaves and second class citizens. "Redneck" is a goofy term for a specific culture of white people and isn't really an insult. I've never heard of anyone in my family, anyone ever, really, being remotely offended by the term. 

In no fucking way are they remotely similar. Quit with the bullshit. 

I mean, holy hell, I'm basically a redneck(at least with a lot of my hobbies), I grew up in a redneck culture, and it never once occurred to me to be offended or compare it to a racial slur against black people. I was genuinely confused as to why you people were upset. 

8 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

It's been made pretty goddamn plain. "Nigger" has been used as a racial slur against black people for hundreds of years, as they've been kept as slaves and second class citizens. "Redneck" is a goofy term for a specific culture of white people and isn't really an insult. I've never heard of anyone in my family, anyone ever, really, being remotely offended by the term. 

In no fucking way are they remotely similar. Quit with the bullshit. 

Thanks for speaking and representing everyone that’s white. 

I don't speak for morons and racists. Just sensible people. 

Anyone offended by "redneck" is a truly special kind of snowflake. Comparing it to a racial slur used toward a group of people who have endured centuries of enslavement and discrimination in this country is a special kind of stupid. 

5 minutes ago, AndrewDean84 said:

So no one here played the switch port?

Rednecks are too triggered by the name to play it.

13 hours ago, Biggie_Rich said:

Thanks for telling me how I should feel. 

Seriously stop.

Anyway,

I still want this game, I haven't read any reviews yet but a quick check on metacritic has the Switch version at 74. Anyone try this game yet or no? I'd probably get this on a sale.

5 hours ago, Joestradamus said:

Seriously stop.

Anyway,

I still want this game, I haven't read any reviews yet but a quick check on metacritic has the Switch version at 74. Anyone try this game yet or no? I'd probably get this on a sale.

How about you stop?

You know, despite your hostility and some awful views, I don't think you're a bad guy. Being hostile, especially with racial minorities, over racial issues is just going to make you look awful. You're better than that, Biggie.

Actually it was Biggie who brought up that word when he said "But think about what African American people refer to themselves as. Can we have a video game using that slang word?" 

Good job for pointing out who the snowflakes are!

@GameDadGrant, just shut it down, this is going nowhere. :P I'm sorry for contributing, but racism sucks. 

4 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

You're over a day late. I'm pretty sure this discussion is long over.

And nothing in the world would make me considering trying to mod again.

Nothing in the world? Not even 1 million dollars?

Anyway, this game is "okay" at best (from what I've heard/read) so meh. Probably best to just ignore it.