Dodger

God of War - Reviews and Discussion thread (NO SPOILERS AT ALL!)

1 minute ago, GuyWhoPredictsThings said:

What happens this summer that you have a month and a half?

Perhaps its the Canadian weather and the way my mum raised me but the summer months have me rarely turn on the tv or console.  Plus I have a pool so if anyone here knows what that's like... not complaining but its basically, I put all this damn work into keeping it clean I better damn well use it.  So the majority of my summer is me alone enjoying my pool while my wife never sets foot in it but heaven forbid we get rid of it because "i just like to look at it" :rolleyes:

I mean I throw pool parties often but I am actually in it everyday.

4 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

Confirmed. This game is for the critics, not the fans.

No.  That's not the point.  He even says it though, it's sad that metacritic matters.  

1 minute ago, Captain Pickle said:

Perhaps its the Canadian weather and the way my mum raised me but the summer months have me rarely turn on the tv or console.  Plus I have a pool so if anyone here knows what that's like... not complaining but its basically, I put all this damn work into keeping it clean I better damn well use it.  So the majority of my summer is me alone enjoying my pool while my wife never sets foot in it but heaven forbid we get rid of it because "i just like to look at it" :rolleyes:

I mean I throw pool parties often but I am actually in it everyday.

God, that sounds terrible. :/

9 minutes ago, Mark said:

I'm also pretty much in the never played a God of War boat! I won't really count playing the very beginning of the first game.

lol.  Pretty much the same.

Bought a PS4 and got a GoW code for the remaster.  Played the beginning then stopped.

Just now, Captain Pickle said:

lol.  Pretty much the same.

Bought a PS4 and got a GoW code for the remaster.  Played the beginning then stopped.

You guys are missing out.  The series (except for Ascension) has been pretty fucking good.  Even the PSP games were top notch.  

12 minutes ago, Mark said:

I'm also pretty much in the never played a God of War boat! I won't really count playing the very beginning of the first game.

You know what's amazing about this post?

I thought it meant that you've never played God of War when your characters are in a boat since you have a boat in the game, and in the beginning of the first game, you're fighting in a boat.

So it all matched up and I wondered why you didn't just say, "never played God of War in a boat."

Genius-level reading right there. :| 

4 hours ago, GuyWhoPredictsThings said:

I love shit like this. Awesome. 

6 minutes ago, AndrewDean84 said:

You guys are missing out.  The series (except for Ascension) has been pretty fucking good.  Even the PSP games were top notch.  

This is correct. I never played Ascension (wanted to just for completists' sake) but I played and beat all the others and had no idea this was an actual sequel until recently. The PSP games are absolutely worth counting. 

Cannot wait to play it tonight and this weekend. Fucking stoked. 

1 minute ago, Greatoneshere said:

I love shit like this. Awesome. 

This is correct. I never played Ascension (wanted to just for completists' sake) but I played and beat all the others and had no idea this was an actual sequel until recently. The PSP games are absolutely worth counting. 

Cannot wait to play it tonight and this weekend. Fucking stoked. 

I wouldn't bother with Ascension -- I just found it boring.  But I agree with you and @AndrewDean84, all of the others are worth playing.