Sign in to follow this  
JosephManderley

Football Manager Touch 2018 out on Switch!

To start with you need to find a formation that suits the players you have. Once you start signing your own players, you can switch to a style you prefer. 

For an example, I  like to play a direct, counter attacking style, but until I have fast players in my squad, it won't be effective.  

Finally won my first road game. 4-1 over Real Salt Lake. Currently using the Diamond 4-4-2 attacking and it’s paying off big with lots of goals.  I’m in third place with 3W - 3D - 1L.  This game is a excellent sim. I would love to see a NFL game just like it. 

I just booted it up for the first time last night and tried my hand with the unbeaten challenge using the NY Redbulls and lost my first game 2-3. We were down two early because I tried to pressure Portland by playing a 4-2-3-1 with zero defensive midfielders. Once I made an adjustment to the midfield, we got two back. Unfortunately, all of the high press exhausted the team which caused the defense to get sloppy and foul a player in the box. Portland put the PK away and we lost. 

I give myself a C- for my debut. 

-Greedy lineup

+Great halftime adjustments

-Slow to make subs

-Lost the game to a bad PK

15 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I just booted it up for the first time last night and tried my hand with the unbeaten challenge using the NY Redbulls and lost my first game 2-3. We were down two early because I tried to pressure Portland by playing a 4-2-3-1 with zero defensive midfielders. Once I made an adjustment to the midfield, we got two back. Unfortunately, all of the high press exhausted the team which caused the defense to get sloppy and foul a player in the box. Portland put the PK away and we lost. 

I give myself a C- for my debut. 

-Greedy lineup

+Great halftime adjustments

-Slow to make subs

-Lost the game to a bad PK

The game is awesome to me. What’s your thoughts so far?

3 hours ago, Biggie_Rich said:

I would love to see a NFL game just like it. 

They had two versions of NFL Head Coach, but only one of them was good.

Just now, Biggie_Rich said:

Yeah those were a long time ago. 

You can still play them. In fact I just looked at my copy for the OG Xbox the other day. Marvin Lewis was still coaching the Bengals. :doh:

In any case as long as EA has the NFL license there most likely won't be a NFL game like this.

Here's one I found on steam! http://store.steampowered.com/app/683600/Football_Mogul_18/

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You can still play them. In fact I just looked at my copy for the OG Xbox the other day. Marvin Lewis was still coaching the Bengals. :doh:

In any case as long as EA has the NFL license there most likely won't be a NFL game like this.

Here's one I found on steam! http://store.steampowered.com/app/683600/Football_Mogul_18/

Marvin Lewis must have naked pictures of the Bengals owner or something. He’s kept that job for everrrrrrr.   :lol: 

56 minutes ago, Biggie_Rich said:

Marvin Lewis must have naked pictures of the Bengals owner or something. He’s kept that job for everrrrrrr.   :lol:

15 years and hasn't won 1 playoff game. :|

6 hours ago, Biggie_Rich said:

The game is awesome to me. What’s your thoughts so far?

This is my first time playing a FM game and I barely scratched the surface last night, but I really enjoyed the amount of customization it offers you.  With any strategy game, I won’t really be able to judge it until I take a deep dive. My 8 hour flight tomorrow will be the perfect opportunity. 

My minor gripe so far is that I kinda wished I could see the game play out more on screen. I think it would be easier to know how the strategy is working by watching it. 

20 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

My minor gripe so far is that I kinda wished I could see the game play out more on screen. I think it would be easier to know how the strategy is working by watching it. 

You can watch the full 90 minute game if you want, unless you mean something else.

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You can watch the full 90 minute game if you want, unless you mean something else.

Huh? Didn’t know this. Messed around with individual training tonight. There is so much to do in this game.