Sign in to follow this  
JosephManderley

Football Manager Touch 2018 out on Switch!

According to this thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/football-manager-touch-2018-rated-for-switch-in-korea.31457/  on Resetera, The tablet version of FM has been rated for Switch in Korea. 

By no means is this confirmed, but if it comes this is a massive deal!  It will probably lead to me losing my wife, job and family as I used to be a total FM addict, but so be it... 

EDIT:  STEALTH RELEASED, ON ESHOP NOW... 

Would work great with a touch screen. Too bad I'm never any good at these games. :/

They only went and stealth released it today!  It's up on the Eshop in Europe.  It was added minutes after I spent my money on Dragon Quest. 

Will have to be nice to the wife now if I want it this weekend... 

2 hours ago, JosephManderley said:

They only went and stealth released it today!  It's up on the Eshop in Europe.  It was added minutes after I spent my money on Dragon Quest. 

Will have to be nice to the wife now if I want it this weekend... 

How much?

3 hours ago, JosephManderley said:

Here in Poland it was 140zl.  I think it is 39 euro?  I just bought it, downloading it now. 

It’s up on the North America eShop now too. $39.99.  

Impressions please when you get a chance. I played this on the Vita and had fun with it. Wondering if the SWITCH version is better. 

Never played this before, not sure if I need another football game, I know this ones different but I don't want to buy too many sports games

34 minutes ago, Mike said:

Never played this before, not sure if I need another football game, I know this ones different but I don't want to buy too many sports games

Well you're strictly managing the team you're not doing anything else so right off the bat it is different. :P

2 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Debating. I’m watching some YouTube videos to see if it is any good. The shadow drop of this on eshop worries me. 

I’ve watched some videos. Seems it’s a smaller/condensed version. Which is fine by me. 

39 minutes ago, Biggie_Rich said:

I’ve watched some videos. Seems it’s a smaller/condensed version. Which is fine by me. 

It looks like classic FM without the newer stuff like press conferences which I don’t care for. $40 is a lot but I’ll probably buckle and buy it. 

5 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

It looks like classic FM without the newer stuff like press conferences which I don’t care for. $40 is a lot but I’ll probably buckle and buy it. 

Yeah me too.  Looks to cool to pass up. 

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Does it have old style press conferences or just none altogether?

I believe the old style. My understanding is that it is based on the older FM games so no team talks or assistant managers telling you to do shit. It has less of the tedious stuff that bogs down the game. 

32 minutes ago, JosephManderley said:

Just woke up, will have a spot of Breakfast then give this a go.  Will report back... 

See ya in 12 hours!

I had a quick go.  Early impressions are a bit mixed.  Touch controls are definitely the way to go, which rules out playing on the TV.  My middle aged eyes would benefit from a bigger screen though as at times the text is a little small. 

I was using a mix of touch and joycons to navigate, and with practice it is going to work well.  Game seems deep and complex so far.  Spent 30 minutes picking my team for a match. 

Not bad, need to play more to get a better feel for it. 

57 minutes ago, JosephManderley said:

I had a quick go.  Early impressions are a bit mixed.  Touch controls are definitely the way to go, which rules out playing on the TV.  My middle aged eyes would benefit from a bigger screen though as at times the text is a little small. 

I was using a mix of touch and joycons to navigate, and with practice it is going to work well.  Game seems deep and complex so far.  Spent 30 minutes picking my team for a match. 

Not bad, need to play more to get a better feel for it. 

I downloaded it last night and played for a few hours. The process of setting up your team for matches is deep and very fun. Won my first match 4-0 and then had to go to sleep. The text size is a bit small but I threw on some reading glasses and was fine. The game works very well on the SWITCH but the lack of music or sound effects while doing tasks is odd. Graphics are nothing special but they usually aren’t in a game like this. They don’t shine but they are serviceable. I’ll get back at it tonight and report back on how things are going. FYI I’m the Atlanta United in MLS. 

4 hours ago, Biggie_Rich said:

The game works very well on the SWITCH but the lack of music or sound effects while doing tasks is odd.

The game has never had that. You gotta play your own stuff. :P

2 hours ago, JosephManderley said:

I think once I get to grips with everything I will try the fantasy mode where you start a club from scratch.  For now I am messing around with Everton. 

This sounds right up my alley. The way I usually play is I don't start with a club, try to find a low tier club and work my way up to the big ones.

The problem is I don't know a lick about soccer and I always try to make transfers and set up new tactics and then the team sucks. :P

(Actually I read the guide to football manager and it helps a bit, I still lose mostly though - ( http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/))

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

This sounds right up my alley. The way I usually play is I don't start with a club, try to find a low tier club and work my way up to the big ones.

The problem is I don't know a lick about soccer and I always try to make transfers and set up new tactics and then the team sucks. :P

(Actually I read the guide to football manager and it helps a bit, I still lose mostly though - ( http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/))

I just know the basics but I still have fun with this type of game. :P 

Using the 4-4-2 formation currently but going to play around with the tactics tonight. 

This game is addicting. The depth of preparation that goes into each match is amazing. Then when the game is being played/simulated I really enjoy making tactical changes depending on how things are progressing. Fun as hell. Great being able to use the Joy-Cons or the touch screen to make selections. Makes for a smooth experience. 

On 4/14/2018 at 11:54 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

I am pretty adept at soccer. Though I need to play more football manager. Most popular formations are 4-2-3-1. 

I recommend 4-4-2 if you want to be defensive and rely on counter attacks.