Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SFLUFAN

Jordan Peterson: The "Intellectual" We Deserve

Recommended Posts

I can't ever picture myself spending so much time and effort writing an article with the sole purpose of complaining about someone's popularity and discrediting them. What the hell is ever the point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, legend said:

I pretty tired of hearing about this guy.

In fact, so tired that you forgot a verb in the sentence!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

In fact, so tired that you forgot a verb in the sentence!

 

So you understand my plight! :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2018 at 5:52 PM, Boyle5150 said:

JP doesn’t belong 

 

 

 

You sure about that?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

 

You sure about that?

 

 

Two things: first, this story has nothing to do with JP and if you are trying to use this as proof of them being on the same level, well then you don't have any clue as to what you're talking about.  

Secondly,  the fact that some believe Sam did not come out looking good in the exchange is rather eye brow raising given the painstaking clarity and prosecutorial deliberateness with which Sam laid out the facts and points of the exchange, including article quotes and direct contradictions of Klein's own comments.

Klein's disingenuousness and sophistry is on full display as Sam continually directly quoted his words and laid them before him, only to have Klein dodge, spin and pirouette away from actually addressing them.

Disrespectful and childish is what Klein has been in using his platform to slander and defame Sam and refusing to address the objections Sam has raised and the discussion Sam has tried to have in good faith.

But enough is enough and there comes a time when you must take action to clear your name since identity politics pied pipers and charlatans like Klein are all to happy to set the reputations of honest people like Sam Harris on fire to generate clicks for his marginally more trustworthy than Buzzfeed operation. 

So Sam had no choice but to publish the content of their exchanges to illustrate precisely the logic, reason and character of Klein. 

And it was absolutely revelatory.  It's an unmasking of Klein as an articulate ideologue, obstinately clinging to his viewpoint, even when shown point blank where and how he was wrong.  But I digress... you were trying to put JP in the same light as SH, and that is just inanity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having said that, I do think the both of them (Ezra and Harris) need to get over themselves and have an actual discussion in person, as to further clarify their respecting positions/POV.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The vox brain trust caused him to piss down his leg.  That’s not quite on Jordan Peterson’s level but it’s still bad. 

 

Also, I love how Sam Harris complains about people calling him racist and then has Charles Murray on his show. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

The Cult of Harris is strong!

 

They will defend him with *~*LOGIC*~*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

 

They will defend him with *~*LOGIC*~*

as apposed to defamatory misrepresentations, and things I read on reddit.  

 

8 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

The Cult of Harris is strong!

I must have missed your argument?  There are some areas I disagree with Harris about, but when I do, I articulate why without misrepresenting him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Boyle5150 said:

I must have missed your argument?  There are some areas I disagree with Harris about, but when I do, I articulate why without misrepresenting him.  

No argument - I'm just tired of the slobbering of really articulate chap who got lucky because he said some mean things about God a few years ago that people vastly more intelligent have been saying since the Hellenistic age.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

The vox brain trust caused him to piss down his leg.  That’s not quite on Jordan Peterson’s level but it’s still bad. 

 

Also, I love how Sam Harris complains about people calling him racist and then has Charles Murray on his show. 

Did you listen to that podcast?  You are inferring that because of "A" then "B" must be true.  This is a logical fallacy that results in your kind of thinking.  So let me get this straight, you believe Sam Harris is a racist because he had Charles Murray on his podcast?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

Did you listen to that podcast?  You are inferring that because of "A" then "B" must be true.  This is a logical fallacy that results in your kind of thinking.  So let me get this straight, you believe Sam Harris is a racist because he had Charles Murray on his podcast?  

No I didn't listen to that podcast because I had no interest in doing so.

 

I'm not making an evaluation on whether Sam is racist or not (but he probably is because he's a Jew, so at the very least he's probably subliminally racist against Arabs).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SFLUFAN said:

No argument - I'm just tired of the slobbering of really articulate chap who got lucky because he said some mean things about God a few years ago that people vastly more intelligent have been saying since the Hellenistic age.

 

This sounds more like a personal problem.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

No I didn't listen to that podcast because I had no interest in doing so.

 

I'm not making an evaluation on whether Sam is racist or not (but he probably is because he's a Jew, so at the very least he's probably subliminally racist against Arabs).

:feelsgood:

 

For your enjoyment: https://samharris.org/podcasts/why-dont-i-criticize-israel/

There is a full transcript for you to read so you don't have to listen to him speak. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t really think Sam Harris’s intent is to be racist but I do think he’s too dumb to understand why people think he’s racist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

I don’t really think Sam Harris’s intent is to be racist but I do think he’s too dumb to understand why people think he’s racist. 

I'm pretty sure he has clarified this position many times.  

Your lack of knowledge of his position doesn't help your critiques of him on any given position, and is only showing your own ignorance.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RedSoxFan9 said:

I’m really not into the “if you haven’t read you can’t criticize it” game. 

I am when its based on falsehoods and ignorance.  

When you clearly show that you don't have any clue as to what you're talking about, all I can do is offer you supporting data.  If you decide not to read it or inform yourself, firsthand, then that is just willful ignorance.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh please.  I’ve barely said anything in this thread, and you responded by white knighting for precious Samwise.  It’s really not my fault that the Harris cult use a full court press defense every time their little baby is criticized. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×