Sign in to follow this  
GuyWhoPredictsThings

This board is fun to post on during election nights

It kept me in a better mood in 2016 and I like being here for every special election until I get really tired. I've been posting on the CEB for elections since 2006 and it's always fun. Plus, we can be in misery together if things go poorly.

I'm just saying.

9 minutes ago, CayceG said:

Are you morning-drinking? WHY ARE YOU BEING NICE OUT OF THE BLUE?!?!?

Maybe he wants something from us. :nottalking:

12 minutes ago, CayceG said:

He's probably going to fire someone via twitter

I came into this thread when you first posted it.

But thinking back to posting here on election night 2016 triggered me like a goddamn 'Nam flashback.

In all seriousness, there have obviously been some good nights here since then, and generally I guess it's right to say if the results are miserable it's better to be miserable together. But I wouldn't call that night anywhere remotely fun. It might sound overly dramatic, but I've had some time to reflect on it and I seriously consider it one of the worst nights of my life. Not just for Trump, but for what it represented.

16 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

But thinking back to posting here on election night 2016 triggered me like a goddamn 'Nam flashback.

Even as someone who wasn't thrilled about the prospect of a Hillary presidency I definitely remember being taken aback about how completely horrified I was as it became clear who was going to win.

Is it possible for an entire country to get PTSD?

3 hours ago, CayceG said:

As @Keyser_Soze has observed, I'm always nice.

...until I'm not. :isee:

2 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

I came into this thread when you first posted it.

In all seriousness, there have obviously been some good nights here since then, and generally I guess it's right to say if the results are miserable it's better to be miserable together. But I wouldn't call that night anywhere remotely fun. It might sound overly dramatic, but I've had some time to reflect on it and I seriously consider it one of the worst nights of my life. Not just for Trump, but for what it represented.

It wasn't the worst of mine, but it was pretty nerve-wracking what the possibilities were after it was clear he was going to win.

However, it was much better posting with you guys than just watching the results and thinking, "Well, shit." I mean WAY better. 

And markot was able to come back and tell use that he actually predicted that during his sabbatical. 

Then there are good nights. I remember in 2008, @SFLUFAN was borrowing a Seinfeld line going, "WHAT IS THIS SALTY DISCHARGE COMING FROM MY EYES?!" and @warmerdm22 said something like, "Now wade, you're high. What you have to do is take care of yourself, take some Vitamin B complex, Vitamin C complex. Remember that you're part of a larger world and we all love you."

OH FUCK I FOUND IT!

Okay, no Seinfeld line, he just said he was crying, but shit, this has stuck with me for 10 years:

Alright, Wade, just listen. Everything is going to be fine. You're very high right now. You will probably be that way for about five more hours. Try taking some vitamin B complex, vitamin C complex.. if you have a beer, go ahead and drink it.. Just remember you're a living organism on this planet, and you're very safe. You've just taken a heavy drug. Relax, stay inside and listen to some music, Okay? Do you have any Allman Brothers? You know, I'm against drug use myself, but I'm not going to lay that on you right now. Just mellow out the best you can, okay?

21 minutes ago, johnny said:

lol the CEB on ign is 99% BIGBISCUIT 

Gotta keep the dark elf master slaves at bay. 

1 hour ago, johnny said:

lol the CEB on ign is 99% BIGBISCUIT 

It's amazing that he's still posts on the vesti and is as committed to his "gimick" as he's ever been. Just the other the week he was posting about "communist truth" in Guardians of the Galaxy.