The longer I wait for my Steam Deck the more I'm wishing/wanting a Microsoft handheld built around Game Pass!

HardAct

I'm sure this isn't happening but I think about it often. With the Market the Switch has there has to be room for a dedicated Microsoft handheld ala Steam deck. I also know that this is more likely then not fueled buy the wait for my Steam Deck { supposedly July-September } I also would love to play the Game pass library and older owned games of course. Also maybe a stripped down windows version making it easier to emulate the games we own too! It's a HUGE wish and with Sony and Microsoft seemingly not interested one can only wish. Anyways, I'd buy it. Then again I'm nobody and this is just my pipe dream, one of many . . .

20 hours ago, stepee said:

Yeah idk, MS just needs to get gamepass app working on steam deck like everything else :P

yeah, but I think the problem is people can’t get or have a very hard time getting a steam deck. 

Unless a MS version uses less in demand parts, like the Series S does, I don’t see MS being able to keep up with demand any better than Steam. 

• True 1

Bro, look at the Windows store. It's so bad they had to design an app that still kinda sucks specifically for Game Pass. Now imagine that in handheld form. It took an entire generation for them to unfuck how bad they fucked up the Xbox One. We can meme on Valve's dedication to hardware all day long but MS' ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory has become legendary.

1 hour ago, Paperclyp said:

I want a steam deck but I might wait for the second iteration. 

Has Valve done any hardware revisions on their few bits of hardware yet? I mean if this thing is a smash hit (hard to tell since they're selling out 100% but also have very limited quantities available) I could see it but it seems like they prefer to just make whatever they're feeling at the time.

8 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Has Valve done any hardware revisions on their few bits of hardware yet? I mean if this thing is a smash hit (hard to tell since they're selling out 100% but also have very limited quantities available) I could see it but it seems like they prefer to just make whatever they're feeling at the time.

Yeah there’s def a chance they don’t do another one in which case I can live with probably just not getting one.

It really is tough to gauge true demand for this but it seems off the charts. 

7 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Bro, look at the Windows store. It's so bad they had to design an app that still kinda sucks specifically for Game Pass. Now imagine that in handheld form. It took an entire generation for them to unfuck how bad they fucked up the Xbox One. We can meme on Valve's dedication to hardware all day long but MS' ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory has become legendary.

:dab2:

Made me laugh there,

Some sunny shit! Snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.....lol I really do not know what issues your talking about when it comes to windows 10. It's been my favorite to game on by far. If your referring to the Xbox one launch and the DRM fiasco I hear you there, but that was fixed really quickly.   Maybe the ability to organize / or find and download games on PC? for the GPUltimate subscribers, myself being one? I understand the windows store, especially pre GP that was frustrating, but I have zero issues with game pass using the main Windows / XBOX Game page to manage all my Game Pass needs.  Sucks you've had a less desirable experience man! Only issue I have really is changing the default to show all games or 200 at once as to the default 20 per page!  

Anyway I know the economy is in the tank right now but I'd buy a Dedicated Microsoft built around the Game pass subscription model day one. With EA and maybe some backward compatibility towards the older Xbox 360 arcade games, etc!

On 6/23/2022 at 2:53 PM, HardAct said:

I'm sure this isn't happening but I think about it often. With the Market the Switch has there has to be room for a dedicated Microsoft handheld ala Steam deck. I also know that this is more likely then not fueled buy the wait for my Steam Deck { supposedly July-September } I also would love to play the Game pass library and older owned games of course. Also maybe a stripped down windows version making it easier to emulate the games we own too! It's a HUGE wish and with Sony and Microsoft seemingly not interested one can only wish. Anyways, I'd buy it. Then again I'm nobody and this is just my pipe dream, one of many . . .

Not much need the top end Samsung phones are really good for it.