Sign in to follow this  
darkness35

How amusing, Fitbit account oddly hacked in.

I mean unless you are truly desperate to get some brownie awards for something that any regularly walking person can achieve, I don't understand the gain made from this.

I'm confused. Is this related to a news story or something, or do you know someone that did this, or... .what's the connection? 

2 hours ago, Nokra said:

I'm confused. Is this related to a news story or something, or do you know someone that did this, or... .what's the connection? 

So yesterday I got an email stating that some cunt named Marisa Tamasi attempted to change my account email to [email protected]  It's probably some basement dwelling kiddo or some desperate fat fuck that randomly selected my account to bruteforce for my stats (for whatever fucking reason I don't know why). 

Oddly enough the moment someone attempted to change the email of my account, they switched back to my main account with an oddly capitalized letter in the middle of it.  Funny.

The only issue I hate at the moment is how I have to wait 24-48 hours for Fitbit security dept. to actually follow-up with me by email.  I highly doubt they'll even explain or reveal the IP that went into my account.  That, and I can't change the name to my account for a good 60 days :|

37 minutes ago, darkness35 said:

So yesterday I got an email stating that some cunt named Marisa Tamasi attempted to change my account email to [email protected]  It's probably some basement dwelling kiddo or some desperate fat fuck that randomly selected my account to bruteforce for my stats (for whatever fucking reason I don't know why). 

Oddly enough the moment someone attempted to change the email of my account, they switched back to my main account with an oddly capitalized letter in the middle of it.  Funny.

The only issue I hate at the moment is how I have to wait 24-48 hours for Fitbit security dept. to actually follow-up with me by email.  I highly doubt they'll even explain or reveal the IP that went into my account.  That, and I can't change the name to my account for a good 60 days :|

This is why I don't even bother with exercising. 

3 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

This is why I don't even bother with exercising. 

I know, it's why you are a fat fuck loser with so much time trying to stalk someone.

1 minute ago, darkness35 said:

I know, it's why you are a fat fuck loser with so much time trying to stalk someone.

never said I had a lot of time. 

So according to Fitbit, the unauthorized access was "in hopes of committing warranty replacement fraud."

Interesting, but that doesn't excuse the shitty security measures. 

20 hours ago, darkness35 said:

So according to Fitbit, the unauthorized access was "in hopes of committing warranty replacement fraud."

Interesting, but that doesn't excuse the shitty security measures. 

They got back to you pretty quickly though right? And everything worked out in the end?

I mean I personally would prefer that they would give the IP of where the bruteforcing took place, and that the security measures easily let this happen, but I guess?  24 hours doesn't seem pretty fast.