Sign in to follow this  
SFLUFAN

Syria: "At least 100" Russian soldiers and/or mercenaries reportedly killed in fighting with US-led forces

If they were Russian PMCs, i wonder if they would have signed up if they knew they'd be squaring off with the US.  You'd have to be out of your mind to sign up for something like that i don't care what they're paying.

2 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

If they were Russian PMCs, i wonder if they would have signed up if they knew they'd be squaring off with the US.  You'd have to be out of your mind to sign up for something like that i don't care what they're paying.

That thought just crossed my mind as well.

There's a helluva difference between signing up to fight the poorly-equipped Ukrainians and signing up to fight forces that have air and artillery support from the US military.  What the hell were they thinking?

38 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

That thought just crossed my mind as well.

There's a helluva difference between signing up to fight the poorly-equipped Ukrainians and signing up to fight forces that have air and artillery support from the US military.  What the hell were they thinking?

My bet is they were thinking they'd be headed to Ukraine. 

I'm so freakin' jealous of those guys pilots and arty guys right now :(

They got to do what I was denied permission to do in 1999 and what my dad was denied permission to do in 1948 :(

43 minutes ago, CayceG said:

My bet is they were thinking they'd be headed to Ukraine. 

"Hey, Grigori - when did Donbass have so much dust and sand?  And where did all these Arabs come from?" 

This Washington Post article contains information from the perspective of the Kurdish SDF commander.

He believes that the Russian/Syrian forces must've thought the area lightly defended because of the SDF's focus on its confrontation with the Turks.  They just kinda forgot about the US support forces.

2 minutes ago, ThreePi said:

I feel like this ought to be way bigger news than it seems to be garnering. Unless Putin is content with just taking a big, fat L on this one.

It's largely because no one really knows how many Russians were actually killed (and those that were killed were mercs as opposed to actual Russian soldiers):