Sign in to follow this  
skillzdadirecta

Armed "Fan" Breaks Into Youtubers House

We've had "fans" murder Hollywood celebrities in the past.  I suppose this was only a matter of time.

3 minutes ago, GigersALIEN said:

Youtube star? 

As in someone famous on Youtube. Just like how movie stars are people famous for acting in movies. Also not unsimilar to famous athletes. 

13 minutes ago, GigersALIEN said:

You're joking.

No. The more popular ones rival some of the mid-tier movies stars. Really, I guess they are more TV star level than movie star. The ones I am referring to certainly make enough money off of their fame. 

3 hours ago, GigersALIEN said:

You're joking.

these "youtube stars" make millions of dollars. That douche Logan Paul supposedly made a million a month in ad revenue alone before he pulled the suicide forest stunt. 

FUNel Vision (Chase lexy and michael) supposedly make $15 mil/year from youtube. 

Pewdiepies networth is something like 70-80million. 

4 hours ago, Bacon said:

As in someone famous on Youtube. Just like how movie stars are people famous for acting in movies. Also not unsimilar to famous athletes. 

This was legitimately a great explanation. :lol: 

That's why it drives me nuts when the younger generation complains about not having the opportunities. They have everything they could ever need at their fingertips.

I graduated high school in the late 90's, got an associates of applied science, A+ certification, have been a professional photographer, graphic designer, web designer, IT technician, blah blah blah...

... today I start my new job as a waiter, while the kids with "no opportunities" will make more money on youtube in a month just for acting like an asshat, than I'll make in a year.

7 hours ago, GigersALIEN said:

You're joking.

You do realize that some of these people have tens of millions of fans, and make millions of dollars per year, right?

4 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

That's why it drives me nuts when the younger generation complains about not having the opportunities. They have everything they could ever need at their fingertips.

I graduated high school in the late 90's, got an associates of applied science, A+ certification, have been a professional photographer, graphic designer, web designer, IT technician, blah blah blah...

... today I start my new job as a waiter, while the kids with "no opportunities" will make more money on youtube in a month just for acting like an asshat, than I'll make in a year.

Ummm, no. For every Youtuber who makes a living, there are thousands who don’t make a penny.

4 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

But the opportunity is there.

Sorry, but theres no comparison between the chance of getting a regular job, and the chance of making a living off youtube. You are just wrong, period. There might be one successful youtuber in a hundred thousand. Getting an actual job is something anyone can do. 

2 minutes ago, apoc81 said:

Sorry, but theres no comparison between the chance of getting a regular job, and the chance of making a living off youtube. You are just wrong, period. There might be one successful youtuber in a hundred thousand. Getting an actual job is something anyone can do. 

Okay perhaps my initial comment was worded poorly. I'm not saying that every kid who hops on Youtube will make a fortune. But with the advent of Patreon, YouTube, Twitch, Mixer, and all of the other means of digital media, IN ADDITION TO regular jobs, there are more opportunities than ever to make money. Before this, people really only had two options; learn a profession, or learn a trade. So yeah, it bothers me when people complain about having no opportunities. 

I'm gonna be waiting tables soon, which is something I don't really want to do, but at least i'm also making a couple of bucks through my website. And hopefully soon, myself and a few others will add a podcast and hopefully some video to it, to increase our own subscriber-base. Those are possibilities we wouldn't have had 20 years ago.

Teenagers now have the ability to put the time into these channels while they're still young and at home, and if they're successful and it takes off, it's great. If it doesn't, well it was a fun summer project. But the OPPORTUNITY is there.

5 hours ago, atom631 said:

these "youtube stars" make millions of dollars. That douche Logan Paul supposedly made a million a month in ad revenue alone before he pulled the suicide forest stunt. 

FUNel Vision (Chase lexy and michael) supposedly make $15 mil/year from youtube. 

Pewdiepies networth is something like 70-80million. 

All of the major agencies in Hollywood have "Social media divisions" specifically for internet stars. Good friend of mine used to live in a pretty nice building in Hollywood and a good chunk of his neighbors were Youtubers who had hit the jackpot. Another friend of mine produced a movie with some Australian youtubers called the "Janoskians" I had never heard of them but he said they were huge. They movie went nowhere but they fact that he made a movie with these guys boggled my mind.

1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Okay perhaps my initial comment was worded poorly. I'm not saying that every kid who hops on Youtube will make a fortune. But with the advent of Patreon, YouTube, Twitch, Mixer, and all of the other means of digital media, IN ADDITION TO regular jobs, there are more opportunities than ever to make money. Before this, people really only had two options; learn a profession, or learn a trade. So yeah, it bothers me when people complain about having no opportunities. 

I'm gonna be waiting tables soon, which is something I don't really want to do, but at least i'm also making a couple of bucks through my website. And hopefully soon, myself and a few others will add a podcast and hopefully some video to it, to increase our own subscriber-base. Those are possibilities we wouldn't have had 20 years ago.

Teenagers now have the ability to put the time into these channels while they're still young and at home, and if they're successful and it takes off, it's great. If it doesn't, well it was a fun summer project. But the OPPORTUNITY is there.

Who is complaining? 

Also the streamer/podcaster/content creator talent pool is over saturated right now.  

1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

That’s the thing, it isn’t a summer project. It takes years to build a fan base.

6 hours ago, apoc81 said:

That’s the thing, it isn’t a summer project. It takes years to build a fan base.

I was surprised how many people around the world listened to the podcast I was on and yup it took years for the fan base to grow. 

I guess I’m not around a lot of youths, but I don’t seem to hear them complain much about life stuff when I am. On the other hand, I am around baby boomers almost constantly and those fuckers complain 24/7 despite controlling everything. 

9 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

You're comparing things that aren't what the basis of the complaint is about.  The younger generation complaining about jobs and opportunities are, for the most part, pushing back against the notion of the lazy millennial.  Lots of baby boomers get uppity about millennials while also ignoring the fact that the circumstances they find themselves in are completely different.  The cost of higher education has exploded as has the cost of living in general while the education requirements for basic jobs have crept up.  Comparing someone who put themselves through college 40 years ago and today is like comparing Earth to Mars.  They're both round and orbit the sun, but the similarities largely fall apart after that.  

Telling your average person looking for work in America that they have more opportunity than ever because of youtube money or patreon is like telling them that they have so much more opportunity because there are literally dozens of new lotteries they could be playing.  The fact that a select handful of people with talent and luck manage to make a decent living means nothing to people who don't have the charisma or artistic talent for that kind of work.  I could throw up a patreon right now and start drawing every day and I'd never recoup the cost of a bic pen and a notebook.  For someone looking for a career and job stability, this wave of internet work provides neither.  

19 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

ITT @GigersALIEN shows he is not a millennial 

or maybe doesnt have kids. or doesnt let his kids watch youtube. either way, smart move! LOL. 

My kids love Chase, Lexi and Michael, i think the channel is FUNel Vision. Its actually a pretty wholesome channel - centers around a family and the video games/toys they like to play. When my wife told me how much they make I just couldnt believe it. They literally film themselves playing games or playing with toys. They are at the point where they are given free shit and even paid to play with games and toys because they have such a massive following. 

My weird ass kids (which Ive learned is not just my kids) would rather watch this family play with the same games and toys they have sitting in the next room. If I let my son, he would watch them for hours on end.