Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Vic20

Mercenaries Saga: Chronicles (Wat?) Releases February 8th

Dem graphics a bit hard on the eyes. Fantasy War Tactics still the best mobile FFT-like game.

On 2/5/2018 at 1:49 AM, GameDadGrant said:

Switch only? Huh. Looks like it would have been a fine fit for 3DS. 

I believe all three games in this collection are already on the 3DS? I'm not sure, but that was my impression from reading previews of this title. The article I read seemed to imply that each game in this series released on the eShop. It does seem odd that they wouldn't offer it on the system it all started on though. 

On 2/6/2018 at 3:10 PM, Mr.Vic20 said:

I believe all three games in this collection are already on the 3DS? I'm not sure, but that was my impression from reading previews of this title. The article I read seemed to imply that each game in this series released on the eShop. It does seem odd that they wouldn't offer it on the system it all started on though. 

Are the games in the collection updated in any way?  I would expect that they are trying to reach people who don't have a 3DS or people who just want to play it on the Switch.

I think I have one of the games on the 3DS, but I bought it with about 3-4 other games at that time and still haven't played it... so I guess I'll get it for the Switch.  Just need to remember to preorder it tonight so I can save a buck fitty or so...

2 hours ago, Pent said:

Are the games in the collection updated in any way?  I would expect that they are trying to reach people who don't have a 3DS or people who just want to play it on the Switch.

I think I have one of the games on the 3DS, but I bought it with about 3-4 other games at that time and still haven't played it... so I guess I'll get it for the Switch.  Just need to remember to preorder it tonight so I can save a buck fitty or so...

Aside from changing the aspect ratio 16:9, i don’t think there are any other upgrades.

I bought this on Switch this past week, its decent, i hope there is more variety in classes going forward, but i'm only a couple of battles in.

On 1/31/2018 at 8:58 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

Dem graphics a bit hard on the eyes. Fantasy War Tactics still the best mobile FFT-like game.

Yup been playing it for over two years now! Honestly a lot more people should be playing it than there is because the single player campaign is wonderful.

On 4/15/2018 at 4:57 PM, Xbob42 said:

They should just have Square create a new FFT.

Umm, no... do you remember how bad FFTA was by chance :sick: I really don't trust Square with much of anything these days especially not an SRPG.

Just now, DPCyric said:

Umm, no... do you remember how bad FFTA was by chance :sick: I really don't trust Square with much of anything these days especially not an SRPG.

I'd rather them release a shitty game they can get feedback on rather than hiding from the series forever so we never get another good one.