Sign in to follow this  
apoc81

The D1P Official Fight Thread (Boxing/MMA/BJJ)

Yoel Romero KO'd Rockhold and sent him to the shadow realm with an uppercut. But he missed weight so he didnt win the interim title, which was basically just the "number 1 contender" belt, so I dont think it really matters lol. 

On 2018-02-11 at 2:54 AM, johnny said:

Yoel Romero KO'd Rockhold and sent him to the shadow realm with an uppercut. But he missed weight so he didnt win the interim title, which was basically just the "number 1 contender" belt, so I dont think it really matters lol. 

To be fair, he didn’t have a full camp, so him coming in close to weight was a major win.

5 hours ago, apoc81 said:

To be fair, he didn’t have a full camp, so him coming in close to weight was a major win.

i wouldnt say it's a win. he's still expected to make weight and lost 30% of his purse. it's just not a big deal. 

28 minutes ago, johnny said:

i wouldnt say it's a win. he's still expected to make weight and lost 30% of his purse. it's just not a big deal. 

It was bullshit to expect him to make weight so easy. These guys don't walk around anywhere near fight weight. Fuck, i've seen many light-heavy's weighing 250+. 

Just now, apoc81 said:

It was bullshit to expect him to make weight so easy. These guys don't walk around anywhere near fight weight. Fuck, i've seen many light-heavy's weighing 250+. 

If you sign to fight at 185, you’re expected to weigh 185. If it’s short notice the promoter probably won’t be mad, but fighting a couple weeks sooner than he was supposed to doesn’t cleanse him of any responsibility of making weight. Which is why he lost 30% of his purse and didn’t get the belt. I don’t think anybody is mad at him since it was short notice.