Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘shithole’ countries in Oval Office meeting

“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” Trump said, according to these people, referring to African countries and Haiti. He then suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries like Norway, whose prime minister he met yesterday.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-attacks-protections-for-immigrants-from-shithole-countries-in-oval-office-meeting/2018/01/11/bfc0725c-f711-11e7-91af-31ac729add94_story.html?hpid=hp_no-name_no-name%3Apage%2Fbreaking-news-bar&tidr=a_breakingnews&utm_term=.6e6ba84270f1

I'm gonna take a wild guess that Norwegians would view moving here as a downgrade to living in a shithole.

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So Trump is having a "bad day" today?

I like that the example he comes up with just happens to be the country who's representative he met with yesterday. The fucking moron really is on the side of the last person to talk to him.

Just now, Jason said:

I like that the example he comes up with just happens to be the country who's representative he met with yesterday. The fucking moron really is on the side of the last person to talk to him.

As they just explained on CNN its deeper than that... Trump has long espoused the view that the or immigration policy should go back to pre-1965 where we prioritized immigrants from Northern European countries (WHITE)  so... 

21 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

I cannot for the life of me imagine why a Norwegian would ever want to move here.

8 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

As they just explained on CNN its deeper than that... Trump has long espoused the view that the or immigration policy should go back to pre-1965 where we prioritized immigrants from Northern European countries (WHITE)  so... 

No non-wealthy European would ever move to this fucking country.

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Why the fuck would they? They'd lose shit like free healthcare, free education...

I mean, maybe some Poles or Romanians, but fuck Eastern Europe they gave us Sebastian Gorka, they can have that trash back.

Graham and Durbin thought they would be meeting with Trump alone and were surprised to find immigration hard-liners such as Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.) and Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) at the meeting. The meeting was impromptu and came after phone calls Thursday morning, Capitol Hill aides said.

Something tells me that these words and ideas weren't entirely his own...

Trump probably wants people to know he said it; his base eats this shit up. BA will be in here within in the next three hours saying, 'Amen'.

I was just telling someone that this situation puts an end to their denial about the Haitian aids comments.

18 minutes ago, -Chris said:

Trump probably wants people to know he said it; his base eats this shit up. BA will be in here within in the next three hours saying, 'Amen'.

"Amen, but also he didn't say that libcucks."

24 minutes ago, -Chris said:

Well CNN just reported that aides in the White House are pretty much saying this... they don't think this will hurt them with The Base and remember, The Right and Talk Radio were attacking Trump all day yesterday. Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh, Laura Ingrahm and a bunch of other folks on the right spent all day attacking him yesterday. This is what he does to shore up his base, throwing out racist grenades to let them know he's still "Their President". Trump knows his political survival depends on keeping his base.

At first I thought he was having a... bad mental health day... but now I see the strategy.

Let's be real though. Haiti and a lot of African nations ARE shithole countries. 

But that shouldn't mean we don't want their immigrants. 

On 1/11/2018 at 5:20 PM, -Chris said:

Just for the record, BA pretended like we were all dupes in the other thread for believing Trump would say that about huts and Aids.

But it speaks to your point... Trump does stuff like this to maintain the barest amount of plausible deniability among those eager to forgive anything...like BA.

It's a sad state to be in when the President of the US can say something like this and it doesn't even register.

It's like Schrodinger's racist comment.

He both said it and didn't. You can't prove it, but you probably don't need to or care.