SFLUFAN

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze to release for Switch on May 4

I still have my WiiU but I don't have it hooked up to the TV (my son plays games that can be handheld only)

I will buy any great game from the system over again TBH, hoping Pikmin 3 is next.

6 minutes ago, misfit410 said:

I will buy any great game from the system over again TBH, hoping Pikmin 3 is next.

Naw we need that Mario Maker. 

I almost bought a Wii U for that alone. 

STOP PLAYING NINTENDO

I still haven't played my Wii U copy.  This should be fantastic for anyone that doesn't have a Wii U, but I'm aquite okay with still owning it there.  The new Kong looks like he's for total scrubs, and I've already heard that Cranky makes the game too easy.

okay.. but the balloon hiding things.. seems a tad... dumb. 
Am I the only one that likes the idea? It sounds like dumb fun.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Bourne Perfect said:

It's games like this that will hopefully make people realize how criminally underrated the Wii U was.

The Wii U had a good Nintendo library and that’s about it. It never dropped to a reasonable price. I swear they kept that thing priced high out of stubbornness. 

2 hours ago, Bourne Perfect said:

It's games like this that will hopefully make people realize how criminally underrated the Wii U was.

The Wii u was a hard pass from me from the moment it was announced. I'm very hopeful this Wii u remaster trend continues, for the Zeldas and Marios especially. The software always looked good, but the hardware had no appeal whatsoever. 

21 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

The Wii U had a good Nintendo library and that’s about it. It never dropped to a reasonable price. I swear they kept that thing priced high out of stubbornness. 

That's great, buy the Switch is currently the same price, with an inferior catalog at this point.

1 minute ago, Bourne Perfect said:

That's great, buy the Switch is currently the same price, with an inferior catalog at this point.

Yeah not really a surprise there...

20 hours ago, mo1518 said:

The Wii u was a hard pass from me from the moment it was announced. I'm very hopeful this Wii u remaster trend continues, for the Zeldas and Marios especially. The software always looked good, but the hardware had no appeal whatsoever. 

I can understand that point of view if you're looking to use it as a handheld. I use both the Switch and Wii U tethered to a tv 99% of the time, so in that regard, they are nearly identical to me.

I missed this release when I sold my Wii U. I'll be interested in trying it out when I buy my Switch.

On 1/11/2018 at 12:37 PM, Paperclyp said:

Naw we need that Mario Maker. 

I almost bought a Wii U for that alone. 

STOP PLAYING NINTENDO

The 3DS version is pretty good!

...I know, I know. 

As for Tropical Freeze...I’ll have to think about it. I own it on Wii U, but I’ve never fired it up. Maybe having this game portable will inspire me to actually play it.