Mithan

Dark Souls Remastered to release for PC/PS4/XB1/Switch on May 25

Just put a remastered trilogy (well, Dark Souls III can be as is, of course) and I'll buy it. I've been tempted to pull the trigger on Dark Souls III: The Fire Fades, but I have a LOT on my plate at the moment.

Okaaaaaay...if it's "today", why not post the damn article when it's actually confirmed and not still the 89739875928374th rumor about a Souls remaster?

So in the spirit of not just being a whiny bitch, this may be a nice one if this does actually occur:

"A few hours later it will be announced that Dark Souls Remastered is also coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC. These ports are being handled by a separate company from the Switch port, and will feature rebuilt lighting and SFX based on Dark Souls 3, as well as upscaled textures. One change we've been made aware of is that multiplayer will be expanded to support six concurrent players"

2 hours ago, GuyWhoPredictsThings said:

Just put a remastered trilogy (well, Dark Souls III can be as is, of course) and I'll buy it. I've been tempted to pull the trigger on Dark Souls III: The Fire Fades, but I have a LOT on my plate at the moment.

So are you buying it @GuyWhoPredictsThings ?

I have a lot of questions people probably can't answer until the game is out lol. 

How will this compare to DS1 modded on PC?

Will the PC vs PS4 versions of this be essentially the same, or will the PC version kick its ass? 

How MUCH worse will the Switch version be? 

I guess I really like the idea of DS on my Switch, but it may compromise the whole "remastered" part. 

I think I'd rather get it for the PS4 over my PC just to play it on my TV (I have a lot of lag hooking my PC up to my new TV), but if the differences are going to be noticeable I dunno, I might just buy it again for PC. 

But then again, maybe it won't be much better than current modded DS. 

30 minutes ago, GuyWhoPredictsThings said:

Let me clarify: give me a remastered trilogy that's not more than the price of a console and I'll buy it. :P 

Pshhh way to back down from your dreams! :talkhand:

17 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

If it's just running on the DS3 engine then it won't really need mods and be pretty awesome.

Mods for the PC were basically to just get the game to run at higher resolutions and replace shitty textures, etc.

22 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I have a lot of questions people probably can't answer until the game is out lol. 

Will the PC vs PS4 versions of this be essentially the same, or will the PC version kick its ass? 

How MUCH worse will the Switch version be? 

I guess I really like the idea of DS on my Switch, but it may compromise the whole "remastered" part. 

I think I'd rather get it for the PS4 over my PC just to play it on my TV (I have a lot of lag hooking my PC up to my new TV), but if the differences are going to be noticeable I dunno, I might just buy it again for PC. 

But then again, maybe it won't be much better than current modded DS. 

DTRFj7mW4AEInI4.jpg

I'll take 30fps at native 720p on the Switch Screen, just so I can play the game on the go. me, portability > 60 fps.  But that's me.  If docked mode was how I gamed on the Switch, then in no way is 30fps ok.  

XBX can't do native 4k? Seems silly.

14 minutes ago, AndrewDean84 said:

They are "remaking" the game using the DS3 engine, and said to expect "combat differences"

This is good to read.  

I think I like that too. DS3 played really well. 

The "combat differences" thing hopefully doesn't apply to that DS3 speed and all that wantonly tossed into the DS1 world. I can't imagine this not bringing out all sorts of ugly balancing issues. 

8 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I played about a 1/4 of Dark Souls and 1/2 of Bloodborne.  I plan on making this game the first From Software game I beat. Maybe after, I will go through the series. I'll wait for DF before picking which version to buy. 

I had 70 hours in Dark Souls on the PS3 before it died and I lost my save. Now I own Dark Souls 1 and 2 on disc for PS3 and Darks Souls 2 and 3 digitally for Xbox One. Now I know what my Summer marathon series will be.