Sign in to follow this  
Ghost_MH

So am I completely out of luck when it comes to buying graphics cards at a reasonable price right now?

http://www.pcgamer.com/its-a-terrible-time-to-buy-a-graphics-card/

Not too long ago we warned of a potential impending surge in graphics card prices. Unfortunately for those looking to upgrade graphics cards or buy a new GPU, that prediction has come true, and then some. Right now is the worst time in the history of graphics cards to buy or upgrade this all-important gaming component.

All of this craziness makes me feel better about my irrational Vega 64 liquid purchase. I could sell it for double what I paid for it!

42 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

They should just make all the coins script based so the ASIC miners take over and GPUs can't compete.

Maybe you should do that and become rich. :P

Cryptocurrency prices are in free-fall.  It will be interesting to see if this is the "end-of-the-bubble" or just a pause...

Last price I saw was ~$9,500 (vs. $20k at December's peak, but vs. 1k a year ago)...

If this continues, video card prices could normalize very soon...

edit:  Sorry, it's now $9,300 (2 minutes later).

57 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

Cryptocurrency prices are in free-fall.  It will be interesting to see if this is the "end-of-the-bubble" or just a pause...

Last price I saw was ~$9,500 (vs. $20k at December's peak, but vs. 1k a year ago)...

If this continues, video card prices could normalize very soon...

edit:  Sorry, it's now $9,300 (2 minutes later).

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-10/bitcoin-can-drop-50-and-china-s-miners-will-still-make-money

crypto bounced back somewhat late yesterday, still way off their all time high but up quite from the low of the last couple of days so this problem isn't going anywhere anytime soon

I just went and checked the prices on my last newegg build from summer of 2016, holy crap. 1080 is now twice what it was 18 months ago and RAM is insane, I bought 32GB of DDR4 3200 for $190, same item is now $431. I had no idea it had gotten that bad.

1 hour ago, mikechorney said:

Red and Green LEDs in a case at the same time?

Image result for throw up meme

Any LEDs at all? I smash every little LED in my case. What the fuck is it with PC hardware manufacturers thinking I want a goddamned laser light show in a case I almost never look inside? Even if I did look inside, put a fucking single light bulb with a hanging switch, like in creepy basements, so I can see what I'm fucking doing.

OH BOY IT'S MY RAM USAGE METER HOW USEFUL THIS IS INSIDE MY CASE

11 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Any LEDs at all? I smash every little LED in my case. What the fuck is it with PC hardware manufacturers thinking I want a goddamned laser light show in a case I almost never look inside? Even if I did look inside, put a fucking single light bulb with a hanging switch, like in creepy basements, so I can see what I'm fucking doing.

OH BOY IT'S MY RAM USAGE METER HOW USEFUL THIS IS INSIDE MY CASE

Lol.  I have my case inside a desk -- I can't even see it.  But if I could see it, my MB and video card both have a beautiful red LED show going on...