(9-7-0)
(10-6-0)

January 7 - 1:40pm - FOX
CAR.png
VS
NO.png
(11-5-0)
(11-5-0)

Rams, Chiefs, Bills, and Saints advance.

If Bills advance they would have to beat the Patriots for the first time this season. :P

6 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

If Bills advance they would have to beat the Patriots for the first time this season. :P

If you listen to conventional wisdom, it is almost impossible to beat a team three times in one season in the NFL.

That said, the Bills always seem to lose to the Patriots... :D

22 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

If you listen to conventional wisdom, it is almost impossible to beat a team three times in one season in the NFL.

That said, the Bills always seem to lose to the Patriots... :D

I remember maybe 2 years ago in a season opener they beat them. This year I cant see it happening though it would be fun to see. :P

I donated $17 to both the Daltons Foundation and the WPAA for Tyler Boyd (well, a little more to TBs as I tipped the service provider!).

It felt so good...so right.

The euphoria around here has been tremendous.

Gravy, gentlemen.  Thick, tasty gravy.  I hope they win, but I haven't even really thought about it yet.  We are so banged up, though.

I'm glad to see that our two leading WRs for the season are healthy and ready to go:  Zay Jones and Deonte Thompson.

...they each have caught 27 passes this year...that's not a typo.

...yeah.

I'm back in. So I did the boycott NFL thing for the regular season and I realized how much college football sucks compared to the pro game. I have to admit that it felt good to have my Sundays to do other things but One sided football games with unproportional talent on Saturdays with a poor way to determine the best team is not great 

(I also didn't support NFL sponsors so my weight is down for not eating McDonalds for over 17 weeks, freaking amazing)

Boycott is over and I welcome the wild card weekend!!!!!!

34 minutes ago, Hurdyb1 said:

I'm back in. So I did the boycott NFL thing for the regular season and I realized how much college football sucks compared to the pro game. I have to admit that it felt good to have my Sundays to do other things but One sided football games with unproportional talent on Saturdays with a poor way to determine the best team is not great 

(I also didn't support NFL sponsors so my weight is down for not eating McDonalds for over 17 weeks, freaking amazing)

Welcome back. :hug: 

Where are your Wild Card Weekend picks?

2 hours ago, Hurdyb1 said:

I'm back in. So I did the boycott NFL thing for the regular season and I realized how much college football sucks compared to the pro game.

When did you start boycotting? When the Bears wouldn't start Mitch Tribiscuit?

5 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

When did you start boycotting? When the Bears wouldn't start Mitch Tribiscuit?

I started the boycott of not watching the NFL in my home and not supporting sponsors  right before the preseason started. While it had some to do with Kaep not getting a job, 1. I'm tired of the contradicting practices of the NFL , 2. I really needed the whole weekend to focus on homework for school, and most importantly 3. I knew the Bears would be ass this season which made the decision to skip the season easier. If the Bears were going to actually be competitive and male a legit run, I don't think I would have been able to boycott. I only had the Bears winning 3 or 4 games at most in my mind. They got 5 but I'm a passionate Bears fan and I get really passionate during the games so I knew skipping them for this year was probably the best overall, lol. 

While I haven't watched games at home, I was able to watch some at events I was at or the gym, so I saw a quarter here and there of some games that were on at the time. Of course I watch my morning ESPN so I was in the know of what's happening. Mitch needs time to develop and the Bears are no good at developing at that position historically. I hope he gets the development and some receivers but I'm not holding my breath as Pace got a 2 year extension. 

I'm just happy to watch wild card weekend, which I one of my favorite sports weekends. Damn I can't stand college football. 

11 hours ago, Hurdyb1 said:

Hurdy i I didn't even know you were boycotting.

The weight loss is awesome.  Isn't it great how it just ends up happening sometimes, even when you are not consciously working on it?

man, as a society if we just had three squares a day and watched ourselves when we do party we'd all be in better shape.

Also, i hate to say this, and can't really believe I'm saying it, but lately I agree with you on the college game.  Just not getting to me lately.  Although I'd still love an NCAA Football from EA.

3 hours ago, BuckFly said:

Hurdy i I didn't even know you were boycotting.

The weight loss is awesome.  Isn't it great how it just ends up happening sometimes, even when you are not consciously working on it?

man, as a society if we just had three squares a day and watched ourselves when we do party we'd all be in better shape.

Also, i hate to say this, and can't really believe I'm saying it, but lately I agree with you on the college game.  Just not getting to me lately.  Although I'd still love an NCAA Football from EA.

Three squares will make you fat....  At least they do for me....  Hard to have more than 2 real meals a day and keep under 2,000 calories...  Particularly if you enjoy having a beer...  

I agree with the negative sentiment on college football.  The quality of the product, for the most part, isn't there.  And the way the schools are taking advantage of those kids, by pretending to give them an education.

1 hour ago, mikechorney said:

Three squares will make you fat....  At least they do for me....  Hard to have more than 2 real meals a day and keep under 2,000 calories...  Particularly if you enjoy having a beer...  

I agree with the negative sentiment on college football.  The quality of the product, for the most part, isn't there.  And the way the schools are taking advantage of those kids, by pretending to give them an education.

I should have just said three meals.  I have coffee and a protein bar in the morning, usually a sensible lunch (turkey sandwich and maybe an apple), and then I still have enough calories for an enjoyable dinner (pizza, wings, yeah) and a snack.

Throw in exercise and it all helps.

After I lost my weight it didn't fluctuate by more than 4-5 pounds for months.

5 hours ago, mikechorney said:

So true about keeping a meal under 2000 calories. In as seriously taking to my sister about am I even going to in to McDonalds soon? I doubt it. It would probably make me sick now but I would easily go I there to get a double cheese burger and a sweet tea probably 2 times a week. I won't be in there anytime soon at all.

I really hate how the talent is concentrated in certain area of the country for college football. I really thought about how many games were one sided I watched. I like chess match football which may be boring to folks but I rather watch a season of low scoring tight games like the last Patriots and Steelers game than a ton of one sided games were defense is not played. Then nobody is sticking around to develop as folks are leaving immediately for the league. I mean the same can be said for college basketball and the one and does but I'm able to watch basketball in college as the games are much more competitive and the talent is not as concentrated in certain area. We are able to see many more upsets in college basketball. 

1 hour ago, Hurdyb1 said:

So true about keeping a meal under 2000 calories. In as seriously taking to my sister about am I even going to in to McDonalds soon? I doubt it. It would probably make me sick now but I would easily go I there to get a double cheese burger and a sweet tea probably 2 times a week. I won't be in there anytime soon at all.

I really hate how the talent is concentrated in certain area of the country for college football. I really thought about how many games were one sided I watched. I like chess match football which may be boring to folks but I rather watch a season of low scoring tight games like the last Patriots and Steelers game than a ton of one sided games were defense is not played. Then nobody is sticking around to develop as folks are leaving immediately for the league. I mean the same can be said for college basketball and the one and does but I'm able to watch basketball in college as the games are much more competitive and the talent is not as concentrated in certain area. We are able to see many more upsets in college basketball. 

A meal under 2,000 calories?  I meant a day!

When I was in my teens, I would have 4,000 calories a day.  I was 6-1 and 140lbs....  Now I have to keep it to 2,000 or I gain weight...  I've been yo-yoing between 220 and 180 for the last 10 years....

Even Alabama, Georgia or Ohio State would get demolished by the Browns.  And, you're right about how much better they are than some of the other teams...  (As a non-American living in the U.S., I just don't understand the fascination with college sports.)

44 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

A meal under 2,000 calories?  I meant a day!

When I was in my teens, I would have 4,000 calories a day.  I was 6-1 and 140lbs....  Now I have to keep it to 2,000 or I gain weight...  I've been yo-yoing between 220 and 180 for the last 10 years....

Even Alabama, Georgia or Ohio State would get demolished by the Browns.  And, you're right about how much better they are than some of the other teams...  (As a non-American living in the U.S., I just don't understand the fascination with college sports.)

100 million dollars, Mike!  100 Million Dollars?

I love him, but is he worth it?

So did they mention anything about Gruden leaving for the Raiders during this game at all?