Sign in to follow this  
EternallDarkness

Anyone else looking forward to The Greatest Showman?

Not a huge fan of musicals, though I loved Moulin Rouge, but when I saw the trailer over the summer I instantly wanted to see it. I found it ironic that I think the trailer dropped right around the time that Ringling Bros. had their final performance-irony?? I thought it looked interesting and must admit I'm surprised they haven't allowed reviews yet. Wouldn't matter if the reviews were bad, still intend to see it. So many new films over the next week I want see and still want to go see Jedi again. Thank god for moviepass :) 

21 minutes ago, Amazatron said:

Don't know about the movie, but this song is fucking awesome.

well I was interested but not really looking forward to the movie before.  But if that song is any indication of the quality of music in the film then my excitement meter has definitely increased.  Those guys are killer song writers.

I’ll need to watch it again, but I was not very high on it. Some good performances and the musical numbers are really strong, but there is just something off about it that I can’t quite put my finger on.

I love musicals but for some reason this doesn't look appealing. Also, the review embargo doesn't lift until release date so that's not promising.

I saw the show a year or so ago and enjoyed it, though I don't know whether it was really good enough to warrant a release. This smells of a 'watch in a year on Netflix or Sky Movies' kind of deal...