Sign in to follow this  
GuyWhoPredictsThings

How Bluepoint Rebuilt Shadow Of The Colossus For PS4

15 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Saw that! I'm really looking forward to visiting this world again. 

I even bought the special edition as I actually like its contents (map, steel case, PS4 themes, worth the extra 10 for me).

Awesome video

1 hour ago, GuyWhoPredictsThings said:

Saw that! I'm really looking forward to visiting this world again. 

I even bought the special edition as I actually like its contents (map, steel case, PS4 themes, worth the extra 10 for me).

I looked to see if there was a special edition and was a little disappointed. I would have dropped something extra to have a huge colossi statue with a little wanderer. I like my Last Guardian figure but with Trico laying down, it kills the scale and I was hoping to see something like that with this. Oh well.

Plastic figures aside, it's really enjoyable to play games like this ever gen. I don't mind!

15 minutes ago, madmankevin said:

Awesome video

I looked to see if there was a special edition and was a little disappointed. I would have dropped something extra to have a huge colossi statue with a little wanderer. I like my Last Guardian figure but with Trico laying down, it kills the scale and I was hoping to see something like that with this. Oh well.

Plastic figures aside, it's really enjoyable to play games like this ever gen. I don't mind!

I probably wouldn't have spent money on that since it would have been a lot more than I'd have been able to do. :P 

BUT for $49.99, this was just a right price. Well... since it's on my Best Buy Gamer's Club, it won't be that much, anyway.

21 hours ago, GuyWhoPredictsThings said:

I probably wouldn't have spent money on that since it would have been a lot more than I'd have been able to do. :P 

BUT for $49.99, this was just a right price. Well... since it's on my Best Buy Gamer's Club, it won't be that much, anyway.

This is a game I would have dropped some cash on a really nice and tall statue, but oh well. And yeah, starting at a budget price with the SE still good price, plus knocking $10 bucks off, you can't go wrong!

I really wanted this in VR seems like a total missed opportunity but maybe they will patch it in like they are doing with Wipeout! 

On 1/10/2018 at 7:15 PM, DPCyric said:

I really wanted this in VR seems like a total missed opportunity but maybe they will patch it in like they are doing with Wipeout! 

That would be fucking epic!

I'm not certain I'll actually be able to play it all again but this is so worth owning so I've pre-ordered and look forward to at least revisiting the world again. :)

On 1/10/2018 at 4:15 PM, DPCyric said:

Barf while the framerate dips when the colossus swings his weapon.

18 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Barf while the framerate dips when the colossus swings his weapon.

Wait there are still framerate drops in this?

10 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

I dunno. I was making a joke.

2 hours ago, DPCyric said:

From what I have read there aren't any framerate drops when it's running on the Pro.

21 hours ago, DPCyric said:

He already said he was joking, but to give some more info: this runs smoothly on both the base and the Pro as the Pro is 60fps.

I haven't watched the whole video but does anyone know if they've tweaked the controls? It's the one thing that bothered me in the original. I didn't care for how loose the controls were. You got used to it but I think they could have been a lot better

7 hours ago, NeoJoe said:

I haven't watched the whole video but does anyone know if they've tweaked the controls? It's the one thing that bothered me in the original. I didn't care for how loose the controls were. You got used to it but I think they could have been a lot better

We do know they've modernized the controls, and I think some hands-ons are available for it. I don't know if the changes are significant or not since they wanted to tweak the controls but at the same time try to stay as true to the original as possible.

4 hours ago, GuyWhoPredictsThings said:

We do know they've modernized the controls, and I think some hands-ons are available for it. I don't know if the changes are significant or not since they wanted to tweak the controls but at the same time try to stay as true to the original as possible.

Here's to hoping then!

On 1/16/2018 at 10:24 AM, NeoJoe said:

Here's to hoping then!

I can't  remember what video I was watching where they claimed the controls were defenitley tweaked but not as polished as they'd hoped for. I guess we will find out next month.