JPSoccer4

PUBG on Xbox One X

On 1/9/2018 at 8:08 AM, JPSoccer4 said:

The patch yesterday was quite nice.  It improved the performance some, and crashes are way less frequent.  

Other quality of life changes as well, like vehicles take more damage, which should help reduce the single player vehicle meta.  

Vehicles sure as FUCK take more damage...

8 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I thought they INCREASED the amount of damage vehicles take... now I'm confused.

• Player weapon damage has been increased against vehicles.  We will continue to monitor player feedback and telemetry and make further balancing adjustments as needed in future updates

That's from their patch notes 

16 hours ago, rc0101 said:
  • Player weapon damage has been increased against vehicles.  We will continue to monitor player feedback and telemetry and make further balancing adjustments as needed in future updates

That's from their patch notes 

So yes... vehicles now take more damage from players like me and @JPSoccer4 said :P 

Saying that they "decreased damage to vehicles" is saying the opposite.

27 minutes ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

The game still runs like utter shit. I tried it the other night again. 

Are you playing it on the X1X and are you running it off the internal drive or an external one? I was home at my parent's house recently and was playing it on the X1S but was playing it off an external drive and it ran like crap. Once I moved it to the internal drive it ran MUCH better. Since I've been home back on my X1X it's been running VERY well outside of the initial rubber banding you get when the game first loads. It's still in preview and is still a little janky... just not as janky as it was a couple of weeks ago :P

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Are you playing it on the X1X and are you running it off the internal drive or an external one? I was home at my parent's house recently and was playing it on the X1S but was playing it off an external drive and it ran like crap. Once I moved it to the internal drive it ran MUCH better. Since I've been home back on my X1X it's been running VERY well outside of the initial rubber banding you get when the game first loads. It's still in preview and is still a little janky... just not as janky as it was a couple of weeks ago :P

I will look into which drive it’s on. I am playing on the X. Thanks for the tip 

I run it on an external and it runs fine, as stated by some others in this thread who've had problems running internally, perhaps better

Gameplay

• Pistols have been removed from Y button's weapon rotation and grouped with the melee weapon.
  • Players can now equip pistols by pressing 'up' on the D pad.

Optimization

• Continued improvements related to player “rubber banding”.
  • Enhanced server performance while parachuting.

Option

• Added a new controller preset to options menu.
    • Type B (new preset) now supports:
      • Holding LT to aim down sight.
      • Holding LB to use 3rd person perspective aim sight.
  • Controller guide has been updated to include  the new controller preset.

Bug fixes

• Fixed an issue where players repositioned out of the battleground after certain actions and remained invulnerable until the end of the match.
  • Additional memory and non-memory related crash fixes.
  • Fixed the inability to join duo/squad through invites outside of game.

Known issues to be addressed next patch:

• Dropping objects causes the player to switch weapons.
  • User is unable to switch grenade types when tapping right on the D-Pad.

Maybe someone who just picked up an AR but got into a skirmish real quick and didn't have time to drop the pistol?

I dunno sometimes I don't drop stuff if my backpack is big enough. :P