JPSoccer4

PUBG on Xbox One X

Original Article was obviously full of shit, getting 60fps no problem on the X?  I'll leave this up as more of a general discussion PUBG chat.

https://www.onmsft.com/news/its-confirmed-pubg-will-run-at-60fps-on-xbox-one-x-not-sure-about-xbox-one

Definitely on Xbox One X, 60FPS. On Xbox One, we’re not sure. We may have to limit it at 30FPS, maybe, but the last time I saw it, it was running at about 30 to 40. We’re still constantly improving it so, you know, the aim is to get to 60. That’s why we’re doing Game Preview, because I think the great thing about console is it’s a locked hardware system, so we can do really specific tweaks that tune it for those systems.

I have great faith that we’ll get there. The great thing about Battlegrounds is that it’s not…unlike the more high paced shooters, frame rate isn’t that important. Yes, it is important, but it’s not as important for us as it is in a twitch shooter. So we’re aiming for 60; not sure if we’ll get there, but that is our aim.

4 minutes ago, Bourne Perfect said:

I might pick this up, even though the bids do nothing for me. The building mechanic looks like it could be a hassle, but maybe it's more quick and intuitive than it seems.

PUBG added a build mechanic? I thought Fortnite was the only one to have such a system. 

19 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So wait, it will only run at 30 on the X1X because of the original Xbox One? Yeah that's not gonna work. They need to fix that shit.

This was the biggest fear with the X that the Bone will hold it back. Hopefully, it will be fixed. 

2 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

This was the biggest fear with the X that the Bone will hold it back. Hopefully, it will be fixed. 

Get used to 4k/30fps.  The oG bone will hold games back. 

2 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Yea I have silently been holding fingers crossed that the X won't be held back like that, I just looked, yup! Fingers still crossed. I want this to be my first X game but can't because Microsoft hasn't announced my much anticipated White Xbox One X 2.5 Tb edition like I asked them and Santa for. Not like I'm begging here to give me anything, I'll pay whatever inflated price you/they come up with, wallet is ready Microsoft! Hell if their listening I'd love a PUGB limited white x edition? is that so hard? Matter of fact I'll do a game give away to the first announced and bought White xbox x w/game because I do not care about the game, lol. I'll stop now, looking like next year maybe . . . . .

isn't crazy that this game hasn't even been released yet? It seems most have {not I} played it to death by now, at least been talking about it for a whole year? The Beta access has been a year right? I saw now that their asking 40 bucks for it now, as it was 9.99 forever on Steam, maybe console versions are more . . .

It only came out in March, late March at that, so it's been less than 9 months.

But yeah, 30 FPS? Controller? And I heard they were making some "changes" that I don't think I've personally seen clarified? I dunno about this. People like to say it's not a twitch game, but that depends on where you are and what you're doing. I'm really curious as to how this will translate to the Xbox.

1 hour ago, Bourne Perfect said:

Let's ignore the majority of games the Scorpio is improving, all because of a shitty looking PC port.

That said, no excuse for 60fps on Scorpio if they can swing it. I bet Mas $$S or consumer backlash will soon have them repairing this boneheaded move.

Exactly... I don't like this and hope it isn't the start of a trend but I'm not throwing my X out the window because of it. I suspect with fan backlash they'll fix it anyway... How does the PC eco-system handle folks running games on lesser hardware?

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

How does the PC eco-system handle folks running games on lesser hardware?

Just fine, people over estimate their need for top end hardware. 

Frame rate might matter in a really really high competitive level, but for 99% if people it won’t affect how it plays out in any noticeable way (talking about the competitive difference in having some people play at 30fps and others at 60fps, of course at 60fps it would look and feel a lot better) There is no reason to artificially cap it, that’s dumb. This game better not have pay to win stuff you can buy if they are so concerned about keeping everyone equal. 

I mean, framerate technically matters at any level no matter what you're doing. As everything is smoother, you're more likely to notice minor movements, will have an easier time tracking targets as your camera moves, have a much easier time aiming, etc. Framerate can have a huge impact.

But you can also totally win with a shitty potato PC. If that's the case, though, you'll generally do a lot better with a higher framerate. It simply means you're fighting the game itself less.

That said, the game kind of always runs like shit for everyone. If it's actually going to be locked at 30 on the Xbox One, there's got to be some significant changes happening. Locked hardware alone is not enough to make up for the fact that the game is cobbled together from dog shit and paperclips. On my high-end machine that easily destroys the ~50% advantage (as stated by some developers a while back) locked hardware gets you, even with the XB1X, that still means I bounce from like 115FPS to 26FPS for seemingly no reason at times. The engine is really, really poorly designed.

22 hours ago, HardAct said:

isn't crazy that this game hasn't even been released yet? It seems most have {not I} played it to death by now, at least been talking about it for a whole year? The Beta access has been a year right? I saw now that their asking 40 bucks for it now, as it was 9.99 forever on Steam, maybe console versions are more . . .

Maybe I’m misunderstanding you, but PUBG has to my knowledge always been $30 on Steam (still is) and certainly never $9.99 unless that was super early on and I missed it...

16 hours ago, SimpleG said:

Just fine, people over estimate their need for top end hardware. 

Right but people with lesser end hardware can at least lower settings to hit the FPS they want.

PUBG should do the same. Give people the option between 4k, 1080p, higher graphic settings, lower, etc.

I'm sure the issue they are having here is that they don't want people to complain that they are at a disadvantage. So give XBO players a way to play at 60 fps, then they can't complain. Give that setting too XBO X players too, so they can't bitch about the lower settings making it easier or something. There are ways to fix the main issue, without having the X be held back because of the older system.

On 12/2/2017 at 9:01 AM, Paperclyp said:

Maybe I’m misunderstanding you, but PUBG has to my knowledge always been $30 on Steam (still is) and certainly never $9.99 unless that was super early on and I missed it...

yea I meant 29.99 missed again.