Bacon

*~*Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Official Thread *~* Who is getting the game?

I'll definitely be getting it, whenever I get a Switch. Really enjoyed the first two games.

I'll buy it used, or when it's really cheap. I have too many better games to play.

I really can't stand the look of the main protagonist and the super exaggerated anime eyes. The English dub sounds fucking awful too. And if the music is as bad as XCX, I might have to give it a hard pass all together (that game was such a piece of shit).

On 11/27/2017 at 4:38 AM, Gillian_Seed said:

I'll buy it used, or when it's really cheap. I have too many better games to play.

I really can't stand the look of the main protagonist and the super exaggerated anime eyes. The English dub sounds fucking awful too. And if the music is as bad as XCX, I might have to give it a hard pass all together (that game was such a piece of shit).

I probably agree with the English track. I breezed through a 20 minute gameplay demo on YouTube and some of the voices seemed odd and out of place at times. 

I'll be picking it up on Friday.  Can't wait.  I enjoyed the previous Xenoblade games, so unless they phoned it in I expect  a good time. :)

4 hours ago, Gillian_Seed said:

The English dub sounds fucking awful too.

Well you can DL the JP audio. 

4 hours ago, Gillian_Seed said:

And if the music is as bad as XCX

Whoa-whoa-whoa! It had some good music that was RUINED by shitty vocals. 

Like, here is the single worst track in the game, and it is only ruined because of the CH UH YEA.

7 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Voices sound better than most JRPG VO 

If you mean this dub sounds better than most other dubs then, sure, yeah. Still not as good as XC1 dub tho. IMO, it was a mistake to use Americans in the dub. Should have been UK only like XC1. Prya dub, from what I have heard so far, isn't good, and hammier than @Xbob42's ass. 

19 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Music

Also, this is a much better example of the music this game is going to have:

00:00 "Fight!"
03:26 "Action Battle"
07:29 "Action Start"
11:58 "Unique Monster"

16 hours ago, apoc81 said:

Getting it, but probably won’t play it for a while.

Same. I'm getting the special controller with it as well. 

1 hour ago, GameDadGrant said:

Same. I'm getting the special controller with it as well. 

The pro controller?  That thing is nice looking. 

3 hours ago, Bacon said:

If you mean this dub sounds better than most other dubs then, sure, yeah. Still not as good as XC1 dub tho. IMO, it was a mistake to use Americans in the dub. Should have been UK only like XC1. Prya dub, from what I have heard so far, isn't good, and hammier than @Xbob42's ass. 

I spent almost 100 hours beating XC1 and barely got used to the voices, let alone warmed up to them. The British acting was not great, and the Japanese acting was also terrible. I assume it will be the same here.

I mean, at some level, a good dub is a hard thing to do for a weird tween-boy-man as he screams lines that no actual human would ever say, I guess. And the super awkward way JRPG dialogue is written often makes it hard to localize without losing some portion of the intended meaning. You can make it sound more natural and less stilted, but then you miss some key part of what the dialogue was intended to do.

Basically, just let Poland write the script and then localize THAT.